“Enjoyable stay”

Shalimar Resort Motel
Ranked #46 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed June 10, 2013

sorry to see some of the bad reviews prior to writing this, but our last trip to The Crest was an enjoyable stay at The Shalimar! Very clean and maintained with courteous staff. Wonder why it is rated so much lower than Compass where we had awful stay on prior trip. Only complaint I have is that they didn't take credit cards. Thank god I had check book w/ us as I bring limited cash for incidentals and a little night life. Maybe policy has changed since, I hope. Otherwise, an enjoyable stay and I do give it a thumbs-up!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank craig f

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first experience staying at the Crest. Most hotels are closed for the season so it was nice to find one open and ready for us. We stayed in their Townhouse. It was well appointed and clean. My daughter loved the separate area with bunk beds so she and her friend felt grownup! I wqould stay again for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank reenabean
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hope your wonderful hotel did not get very much damage?The news is showing so much damage to the New Jersey coast
Looking forward move than ever to our next vacation. Shalimar is the best in the Crest. Very clean. Love the pool and the 10 pm closing

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank suntoy
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at this for a conference late September 2012. Remodeled 1950's motel. Retro modern style in rooms. Very clean. All balconies except first floor open to pool. Nice 2 story office-entrance. My room was very hot when I checked in from a long day traveling and that is why I didn't give 5 stars.. I had to get the maintenance man to help get the air on. Once it was on, everything was fine. Conference room area was superb.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 37thgetaway
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We reserved a D6 (living area and kitchen) room on a booked solid weekend (2 email confirmations). When we got down there and got an 'A' (basic motel style) room. No change of room, no discount, no refund, - manager said 'sorry- but I cant do a thing'.

Bring your own towels because the ones you get there are like the old ones you use to wash your car.

Room Tip: just stay away.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank 67mom_of_3
Shalimar_Staff, Front Office Manager at Shalimar Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

This customer was part of a group reservation. During this and most conventions our room types A, D-6, C & E are the same price for 2 adults/2 children under 12, our 1, 2 and 3br townhomes were available at a slightly higher rate. We keep the rate the same for each room type because last minute changes may be needed to the rooming list due to unforeseen circumstances. These rates/room types are clearly posted on our website and brochure. During these conventions we try to accommodate all requests for room type, even location at the time of booking, but we express that they cannot be guaranteed. No refund or discount was given because there was no difference in the rate. Of course, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went to Wildwood for the Car Show and the Irish Festival. There were fifteen people in our group and we rented five rooms. I stayed on the fourth floor in a suite with two floors and two separate balconies. There were seven of us in this room and we fit very comfortably. All of our rooms were pretty much spotless and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We all had a wonderful stay and will be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JDMike7
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Horrible experience!! Please don't go by the pictures on there website, must of been taken 10 years ago! Mattresses are horrible, nothing is clean but the worst part is you can't complain. The owner speaks very little ENGLISH!! He is rude and disrespectful and only cares about $$, it is so obvious! We asked for more towels and sheets and pillows ( family of 5!) and he yelled at my husband and I in front of our 3 toddlers in the lobby! We were mortified and it scared our children who were scared to go back. We almost cut our losses and just went somewhere else. I will post pics later. I could overlook the dirty place and bad mattresses but to be treated like dirt is unforgivable. I never in my life experienced such horrible service! The man was rude to everyone who came in! Who does that?? I'm still in shock!

• Stayed: September 2012
13  Thank Phoebe323

We are unsure how to even respond to this post because there appears to be no truth to it. Our staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of our property and our courteous and prompt attention to customer service. Our entire office staff speaks perfect English, so we have no idea where this statement is coming from. We happily and readily provide extra towels, pillows and blankets upon request.