“Decent hotel for a night or two”

Compass Family Resort Motel
Ranked #19 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed July 14, 2013

First, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Second, the type B room was small , 2 seat couch and 4 metal chairs and table.
The window in the bedroom air cond. was loud and while the bedroom was cold the living area never cooled off. Parking spaces are tight especially for larger suv's. Overall the place is very clean and he woman at the desk had told me that some of their planned improvements had been delayed by all of the rain they have gotten. For the price a good place to stay for a night or two. As noted in other posts it is not across the street from the beach, it's a good block and a half away.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rich D

Reviewed July 4, 2013

After reading the review below, I had to respond. The owners of this motel are great! They work very hard to keep a nice, family oriented motel. When I booked my room, the owner advised me up front this is a 'family motel.' I was traveling with 5 teenage girls ... so I understood where she was coming from! Fortunately, my girls are well behaved and very respectful. The rooms are very clean (keep in mind, this is the typical NJ shore motel, like one review said, if you want all the updated modern features, spend more $$!). Very comfortable setting. Very clean and inviting pool. Two WEBER grills for everyone to use ... and cleaned well every day (I watched!). Very cute mini-golf and shuffle board areas and a large arcade room. And across the street is the beach! Very convenient ... all the comforts of home and a 15 min walk to the boardwalk in Wildwood. One note, I sat by the pool and watched several families with smaller children having such a nice time just spending time together ... it was so nice to see that there are motels that cater to families!

Room Tip: I stayed on first floor suite, right by the pool. Very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I read some reviews about the compass and I wanted to clarify and write a review.The owners are Polish and everyone from Europe sounds rude trying to speak English,I am Ukrainian and i get that all the time,but they are very nice people.My wife found this place and ever since we been staying here and having great memories with are daughter.the beach is across the street,the rooms are nice typical shore rooms,the pool is nice,the golf course is nice could be repainted but its still nice.if you just want to take your family to a nice place,stay here..but if your looking for sometime more fancy spend more money

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kuc522
Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was our second stay this year at Compass motel and another great getaway!! The staff is freindly and helpful, rooms and entire motel is very clean, heated pool, game room and elevator!! See u again Compass!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank patlex
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I would like to start off with how great The Service was! During my stay my A/c went out on a blistering day in June, and with no hesitation the owners had the unit replaced with a brand new1 instead of repairing it on the spot, Thanks (Paul.) I found that to be expertise on servicing guests! Another great thing is the Location and views of the beAch and ocean! Not far from the boardwalk, Pool looks reallly clean and in great condition. The room looked like it was freshly painted and furniture and beds were pretty comfortable considering i have back problems. Other than that prices are very reasonable and worth every penny, adding a breakfast/lunch spot with the right cook would be a great addition :) ill be back again in 2013 . See you soon Compass, enjoy the rest of 2012 and good luck in the future !

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Nyg2013
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just returned from our vacation at the Compass. We are professionals & I have to say we were very pleased with the accomodations. The two room suite was immaculate. Enjoyed the refrigerator & flat screen TV, sun deck & pool. Would love to return to the Compass next year.

Room Tip: fantastic facility
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank teent
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We just returned from Wildwood Crest and enjoyed a fantastic 5 day vacation! The Compass Motel was very comfortable.....very clean......the owners were very nice. We stayed in the 2 room suite.....having the full size refrigerator was great.....the rooms were immaculate and the bathroom was very clean......no musty smell.....all fixtures were good condition......the maid service was fantastic and friendly. The rates were very reasonable.........the pool water was crystal clear and a nice size.........all outdoor areas were also very clean.......they have 2 Weber grills and they are taken apart and cleaned every night!!! I highly remember this motel and we plan on going back in the fall and definitely next summer and will stay in the efficiency suite then. I hope that many people give this motel a try........you will not be disappointed, I promise!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family