“Wonderful Family Motel! Great Location!”

Compass Family Resort Motel
Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
pa
“Wonderful Family Motel! Great Location!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

After reading the review below, I had to respond. The owners of this motel are great! They work very hard to keep a nice, family oriented motel. When I booked my room, the owner advised me up front this is a 'family motel.' I was traveling with 5 teenage girls ... so I understood where she was coming from! Fortunately, my girls are well behaved and very respectful. The rooms are very clean (keep in mind, this is the typical NJ shore motel, like one review said, if you want all the updated modern features, spend more $$!). Very comfortable setting. Very clean and inviting pool. Two WEBER grills for everyone to use ... and cleaned well every day (I watched!). Very cute mini-golf and shuffle board areas and a large arcade room. And across the street is the beach! Very convenient ... all the comforts of home and a 15 min walk to the boardwalk in Wildwood. One note, I sat by the pool and watched several families with smaller children having such a nice time just spending time together ... it was so nice to see that there are motels that cater to families!

Room Tip: I stayed on first floor suite, right by the pool. Very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I read some reviews about the compass and I wanted to clarify and write a review.The owners are Polish and everyone from Europe sounds rude trying to speak English,I am Ukrainian and i get that all the time,but they are very nice people.My wife found this place and ever since we been staying here and having great memories with are daughter.the beach is across the street,the rooms are nice typical shore rooms,the pool is nice,the golf course is nice could be repainted but its still nice.if you just want to take your family to a nice place,stay here..but if your looking for sometime more fancy spend more money

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Kuc522
Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was our second stay this year at Compass motel and another great getaway!! The staff is freindly and helpful, rooms and entire motel is very clean, heated pool, game room and elevator!! See u again Compass!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank patlex
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I would like to start off with how great The Service was! During my stay my A/c went out on a blistering day in June, and with no hesitation the owners had the unit replaced with a brand new1 instead of repairing it on the spot, Thanks (Paul.) I found that to be expertise on servicing guests! Another great thing is the Location and views of the beAch and ocean! Not far from the boardwalk, Pool looks reallly clean and in great condition. The room looked like it was freshly painted and furniture and beds were pretty comfortable considering i have back problems. Other than that prices are very reasonable and worth every penny, adding a breakfast/lunch spot with the right cook would be a great addition :) ill be back again in 2013 . See you soon Compass, enjoy the rest of 2012 and good luck in the future !

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Nyg2013
PA
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just returned from our vacation at the Compass. We are professionals & I have to say we were very pleased with the accomodations. The two room suite was immaculate. Enjoyed the refrigerator & flat screen TV, sun deck & pool. Would love to return to the Compass next year.

Room Tip: fantastic facility
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank teent
Bloomfield, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We just returned from Wildwood Crest and enjoyed a fantastic 5 day vacation! The Compass Motel was very comfortable.....very clean......the owners were very nice. We stayed in the 2 room suite.....having the full size refrigerator was great.....the rooms were immaculate and the bathroom was very clean......no musty smell.....all fixtures were good condition......the maid service was fantastic and friendly. The rates were very reasonable.........the pool water was crystal clear and a nice size.........all outdoor areas were also very clean.......they have 2 Weber grills and they are taken apart and cleaned every night!!! I highly remember this motel and we plan on going back in the fall and definitely next summer and will stay in the efficiency suite then. I hope that many people give this motel a try........you will not be disappointed, I promise!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 700ANGELA
Eddystone, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Me, my boyfriend and my 4 yr old stayed there over the weekend for one night, June 30-July 1.....We stayed there for just one night, so it wasnt that bad....we stayed in a type-b room that should be big enough for 6....which it is unless you plan on being in there during the day, there is enough room to sleep six but six cannot walk around eachother from the bathroom to the bedroom or even to the sofa area....i thought it was very nice though for us 3...the pool was decent but by the time we got into it there was sand in the bottom and it wasnt as clean in the evening....but that is not because they didnt clean it...they were out there morning and night cleaning it...it was because people came right from the beach to the pool....it was about a block or 2 from the beach so that was good...there is a trolly that runs every 20 mins on Ocean Ave i believe that will take you to and from the boardwalk....but the walk there wasnt that bad either...glad we brought winter PJ's cause the air was freezing but we were not complaining lol...Lady at the front desk was nice....I think when we stay again we will consider this hotel...would i recommend it....probably not but i would inform the person that it is cheap for a average room....but it was definately not a "dive" so if you wanna get a cheap room for the weekend or a night it aint too bad, but not sure if staying any longer....

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor you dont have to carry luggage all the way up them horrible hotel steps lol...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family