“Needs Updating”

Water's Edge Ocean Resort
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 21, 2010

My family and I have been staying here fir the last 5 years. It seems that they DO NOT put and money into the place. This year we are staying on the second floor. The room is ok, but like I said, they needs updating. The stoves never work right and the microwave is only good for popping popcorn. The tv in our room is better then the one we had last year,its not a green screen.I told the management for 2 years that the tv was green and all they do is yes you to death.The elevator is scary, old and very slow. The appliance's are old.
My opinion : Too expensive for what you get. I'm sure there are better hotels in Wildwood which are less money with better accommodations,

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank chipper1776

Reviewed August 17, 2010

I just returned to Denver from our family vacation in Wildwood. Our stay at the Water's Edge Ocean Resort could not have been better, particularly since we were traveling with our young children aged 3, 2, and 1.
My father booked a two bedroom suite for our family to share with him, my mother and my aunt. Looking online from here, I thought the room looked small.
i was pleasantly surprised upon entering the suite to find to spacious bedrooms, each with a private bath. The living area also was roomy and the kitchen was stocked: cutting board, colander, sharp knives, big fridge. It also provided a wide view of the beautiful sand and surf. My children enjoyed eating breakfast on the "lanai" overlooking the ocean.
I was also anxious about the beach and pool with such young children. However, the pool was heated and had 1.5' baby pool that was a great depth for my toddler.
The walk out to the ocean was easy with the wood deck that runs partially down the beach, and once we arrived there, Wildwood beaches are wonderfully flat with no big drops, like many NJ beaches. My three had plenty of room to run and I wasn't nervous at all.
Everything was a short walk or tram and the location of Water's Edge Resort makes it tremendous for families with young children since the boardwalk is accessible, but far enough away that it is quiet early at night.
I can't say enough about the wonderful memories we made this year and the room and hotel were a big part of what made it so fun and easy.

Trisha at the front desk was extraordinarily helpful both in person and on the phone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank nicolemerser
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The front desk staff was extremely rude. Being out of state and for someone who travels frequently this hotel has been the worst in customer service in my 15 years of traveling. The staff needs to remember that their guest are on a leisure travel. Hold on to your property and god forbid you are traveling with children and you forget something in your room and ask them for help. They were so difficult and they didn't have a policy on lost or stolen items. Their houskeepers are thieves. And the owners seem they support that behavior because they don't want to be accountable and blame you. Remember if you lose or an item is stolen report that to the police department at check out because if your like and have to leave out of state they will not take a report over the phone. That the best tip.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank ccggonzalez
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel with my family for almost 10 years. My children were young when we first started going there, they are now 19, 19 and 17... We have never had any issues and always feel welcome when we come here. We love the management. The rooms are very clean and the staff is amazing. My children have the best memories from our family vacations staying at Waters Edge. We are booked again to be there next week, same room every year for 10 yrs, it's like our home away from home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The only issue we have is maybe they could upgrade the pull out beds they are a little uncomfortable, but we don't go here to sleep anyway... It's really all about the beach and the boardwalk.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank kscalzo
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Travel dates through July 4th. Wonderful place, CLEAN, no cigerette butts, rooms are smoke free. Staff is attentive to needs, such as additional towels and pillows. You are so close to the board walk and the tram car. The teenagers love being able to walk to the boardwalk by temselves w/o having someone to drive them. The views are fantastic.

I truly want to thank the staff for the attention and kindness and they rank number one in my book.

I have stayed at another hotel very close to this one and it pales in comparision. I look forward to many many many yrs of coming to the crest and staying at the Waters Edge.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank imsassy
Reviewed June 29, 2010

we have been staying here since 2006, we have had only one problem which was with the refridgerator not being cold enough and not being able to make it colder, which is a very minor problem. we have stayed with my family, my sisters family and have had a wonderful time. my husband has loved this place from the first time he had seen the rooms. I do not recall seeing any cigarette butts by the pool and I am a smoker, there are plenty of ash trays. the pool is smaller then the other hotels but still much fun.
this will be a bit harder for us since my husband has passed away last year and had enjoyed himself very much on his last time here.
We are only hoping for free interent service this year for the price of the room, last year was tough without it.
but all in all we are all looking forward to have a nice vacation.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kefetko
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed at one of the motel rooms summer 2009 on the top floor. We were impressed when making the reservation, that we were on the top floor and oceanfront for the price we were paying. The room was small but that was to be expected. It wasn't the most updated room, but we have been to the Wildwoods for years and that is also to be expected. The view from our room was great, and it had a private balcony. The only problem with the balcony was that it was sloped to keep the rain water from sitting, but when wet it was very slippery. Other than that you couldnt ask for a better view of the beach, ocean, and boardwalk. The hotel was on the beach, and about a block from the start of the boardwalk. Great location because it was close to the attractions but on the quieter side. Pool was fine. The elevator was wet and moldy smelling because it had a carpet that was drenched from the pool goers, but not the end of the world. All in all it was a very good trip, and we loved ending the day with that view and a cocktail!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family