“What a nice place”
Review of Sea Scape Inn

Sea Scape Inn
Ranked #44 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed July 15, 2012

While making our reservation we were informed of the 5 point policy and we felt comfortable. Well this place was great it is clean the staff is friendly and the owner was very nice and helpful and very approachable. Gave Ice for free and there is laundry and BBQ
My Children and I had a great time. The location is great. Never felt so much at home. We made reservations for August for my family and my sister's family. Good job guys and we appreciate you hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Patrick D

Reviewed June 17, 2012

This has been my second summer in a row back to the Sea Scape Inn. The hotel is close to the beach and about a 20 minute walk down to the boardwalk. Although there is many rules that the owner goes over with you they are all fair. The pool of the hotel is beautiful and the hotel is very well maintained and clean! The whole trip you will see staff diligently working to keep the hotel clean and in tip top shape. You have access to a deck area with several tables and chairs as well as a bbq for some group fun. I have gone with a group of friends for the past two years and we are all already planning our third trip back. There is a relaxing and fun atmosphere at the hotel and it is in a nice area. I would definitely suggest going to the Sea Scape Inn if you are looking for a clean and fun place to stay that will let you put your hair back and just relax and enjoy yourself.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank EmilyC39
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Sea Scape Inn is a very family friendly hotel with nice clean rooms and a wonderful staff. The location of the Sea Scape Inn is awesome. An easy walk to the beach,playgroung, and resturants really made this an great vacation.

Room Tip: There is a good choice of rooms from sunny and more open on the outside to quieter and shady.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank suziegsvacation
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Drove down for a weekend of Fun! Close to the Beach. My 2 Kids loved the pool. I will go back next year.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is the place to stay
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aaron R
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Just made my reservation for 2012 and so did my sister and her family and Mom & Dad.
It is our 4th year at the Sea Scape Inn. We been to just about all of the smaller accommodations in Wildwood. We like the Family operated motels. Wildwood vacationers can be pretty inconsiderate of the FAMILIES that are their neighbors. This has happened to us about 6 years ago, so, we looked and looked for a Clean accommodations where mostly families stay. This little gem has about 25 rooms and the Location is perfect. THE PLACE is Clean and being a women i can sleep without worries. People talk about the rules, well thank god for these. the staff makes sure that you are aware of their policy when you make reservation. I'm glad about that. Chris always says if you want to act like your at a campground then go to a campground not a family place.

Room Tip: DO NOT pay attention to the negatives, it's a great place for a relaxing vacation
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mike w
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Not sure what all the great reviews are for cause I was diasapointed. We wanted a nice clean place to stay for a few days. The main attraction is the beach and boardwalk fun for us. The owner welcomed us but at the same time we were scared of anything the kids might mess up and potentailly lose our deposit. He had to make sure he met my wife and I as we checked in to make sure we understood all of the rules such as outside guests and sand in the rooms etc. I understand they really try to keep sand out of the rooms but they should keep the ants out of the rooms.
On our last day of our trip one of the kids obviously dropped a potatoe chip on the carpet floor before we left for our day at the beach. When we came back, as my wife was cleaning the kids in the low pressure shower, I looked down and found that chip covered in an ant colony. Needless to say I never told my wife about it and she still does not know. If it would have been earlier in our trip I would have looked for another hotel but we were leaving the next morning.
I'vebeen to Wildwood several times before I had kids and couple of times with the kids. I've always stayed at places within the same general price range and I will not consider coming back here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Canada_eh72
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We were recommended this hotel by the "hotel & motel association" when we were looking for a hotel with vacancy during the busy Fireman's Convention weekend. I was told that the owner was very nice and kept a very clean hotel. I didn't look any further because I felt this place would be perfect! The guy was very nice on the phone - quoted me a good price, had the room we needed, etc. After I agreed to book the room, he then proceeded to tell me that he only accepts cash, money order/cashiers check or travelers cheques (i thought this was sort of weird) but I went along with it because we needed the room. He then called my cell phone about 4 times after that with various questions he forgot to ask me (kind of annoying). When we showed up the next day, he went through all of the rules......MANY, MANY RULES: no beach toys in the room (new or used toys/ big or small), you are only allowed to open/tilt the blinds open or closed (you can't pull the blinds up), a very strict no guest policy (if someone comes to pick you up, they must go to front office and then the office will call you to let you know your ride is there....your guest/visitor is not allowed up to your room), a visitor who is there for a short stay is only allowed to be there during the hours of 9am and 11pm and must sign-in at the office and then sign-out upon leaving (if they fail to sign-out there is a $30 per person fee).

The room was also quite nasty and out-dated. The bed was like sleeping on a picnic table! The TV was propped up on top of the fridge in the room??? The bathroom sink was coral/orange and the trash can was green! My husband said the shower had NO pressure what-so-ever! I didn't even step foot in the shower...I just wanted to get out of there and shower in my own, clean shower at home!

We only stayed there 1 night, but i'm definitely glad it was only for 1 night because I wouldn't have stayed another night! I am normally not very picky about things, but this room/hotel was ridiculous! I've never been to a place that had so many crazy rules! Made me feel like I was back in high school.....being told what you can or can't do, having a curfew, etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family