“Not at ALL what we were expecting...”
Review of Sea Scape Inn

Sea Scape Inn
Ranked #44 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We were recommended this hotel by the "hotel & motel association" when we were looking for a hotel with vacancy during the busy Fireman's Convention weekend. I was told that the owner was very nice and kept a very clean hotel. I didn't look any further because I felt this place would be perfect! The guy was very nice on the phone - quoted me a good price, had the room we needed, etc. After I agreed to book the room, he then proceeded to tell me that he only accepts cash, money order/cashiers check or travelers cheques (i thought this was sort of weird) but I went along with it because we needed the room. He then called my cell phone about 4 times after that with various questions he forgot to ask me (kind of annoying). When we showed up the next day, he went through all of the rules......MANY, MANY RULES: no beach toys in the room (new or used toys/ big or small), you are only allowed to open/tilt the blinds open or closed (you can't pull the blinds up), a very strict no guest policy (if someone comes to pick you up, they must go to front office and then the office will call you to let you know your ride is there....your guest/visitor is not allowed up to your room), a visitor who is there for a short stay is only allowed to be there during the hours of 9am and 11pm and must sign-in at the office and then sign-out upon leaving (if they fail to sign-out there is a $30 per person fee).

The room was also quite nasty and out-dated. The bed was like sleeping on a picnic table! The TV was propped up on top of the fridge in the room??? The bathroom sink was coral/orange and the trash can was green! My husband said the shower had NO pressure what-so-ever! I didn't even step foot in the shower...I just wanted to get out of there and shower in my own, clean shower at home!

We only stayed there 1 night, but i'm definitely glad it was only for 1 night because I wouldn't have stayed another night! I am normally not very picky about things, but this room/hotel was ridiculous! I've never been to a place that had so many crazy rules! Made me feel like I was back in high school.....being told what you can or can't do, having a curfew, etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank TsMommy8

Reviewed August 25, 2011

My trip was planned for this upcoming weekend and the gov. has issued a mandatory evacuation starting Friday morning due to hurricane Irene. I called to see if the owner would be decent enough to give me some credit- being that my deposit covered more than half of my stay. His answer was no and that if I wanted to change my days I would still be charged an additional fee.
Also, when I made my reservation I was spoken to like a 10 year old child and was read the "rules" over the phone. He also went ahead to tell me that I would hear them again when I got there. One of the rules was to keep my voice down at night, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They charge if you have any unregistered guests enter the premises so make sure your family who is staying down the street stays far, far away!

Sorry, buddy, but this isn't the Hilton and even if it was YOU need to learn how to speak to people! So I'm out a good amount of money, involuntarily. The owner was unwilling to compromise- not understanding at all. I have worked for huge corporations that even make acceptions for no refund policies. He is money hungry, rude, and has no people skills. I have had many wonderful stays in Wildwood - try the Armada... anywhere but here. Don't give this man business.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank bb11147869
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was one of the worst hotels my family and I have ever stayed in; the owner of the hotel was so so strange and had a TON OF RULES...........Have never experienced anything like that stay in my life.....

Hotel very small and tiny, tiny pool.
Stay somewhere else, its not worth it; plenty of hotels in wildwood. If you want to be constantly watched by a wierd owner, then stay there.....Dont do it......

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank DonnaZ1963
Reviewed July 31, 2011

It's a nice place decent location too many rules, clean overall an Ok place but could see the owner driving people crazy

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank dapice
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Sea Scape Inn during the week of the 4th if July. This time my parents who are in their late 70's came too. We had a great time! Chris the owner takes very good care of his customers and his hotel. There are a few rules but this is only to make the stay better. This was my 5th time staying at the SSI I always know I will have a great time without the chance of rowdy annoying crowds. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank yvonne r
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed at this motel for the first time, we had a wonderful room, VERY clean and large, seconds to the beach, great staff, the owner was very professional and friendly, we plan from now on, to only book a room at Sea Scape. We recomend it :-)

Marcia

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank msbrazil
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My family and I stayed here over 4th of July weekend this year. We had a great time! This hotel is clean, close to the beach, (which is great for families), and the staff were very friendly. The manager here was very accommodating especially when we needed more towels and information on a family restaurant for dinner. The hotel is quiet and very family oriented. We will stay here again, in fact I referred the Sea Scape to friends with children.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family