“Wonderful meals, A+ service”

Coastal Blue Oceanside Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary, Pub, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Coastal Blue is an upscale-casual eatery. The seaside chic restaurant offers tastemakers a unique dining experience featuring culinary delights with a local flair only the south Jersey shore can claim. Our thoughtfully crafted breakfast, lunch and dinner menus often rely on locally sourced products for creations using shrimp, scallops, Angus beef, summer fruits and greens. Enjoy a creative culinary excursion with a twist on traditional comfort food and contemporary cuisine. Our fully stocked bar and electric signature cocktails will truly create the Aloha experience. Whether feasting inside the airy dining room or enjoying a refreshing cocktail at our outdoor bar, Coastal Blue offers a sweet finish few restaurants can match: a view of stunning Diamond Beach.
Westwood, New Jersey
“Wonderful meals, A+ service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Loved happy hour drinks (beer, wine, and cocktail specials every day 4-6pm) on the outdoor patio, had a lovely dinner our first night (stayed at Hotel Icona) . Calamari with hot peppers and burger were standouts, as we're the steamed clams in savory broth. Breakfast was reasonably priced. Pancakes and French toast were great but over easy eggs were under cooked. Loved meeting out servers from Czech Republic, and Eastern Europe. Great new find in Wildwood Crest!

2 Thank Aldonna5

“They do it right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Amazing atmosphere. Food and drinks. I went to coastal blue last night for dinner. I was immediately greeted by a lovely waitress named Lola who gave me the entire run down of the menu. Which is important because we have food allergies in our family. Once our dinner arrived we had the pleasure of meeting josh. He wanted to make sure we were all satisfied with our meal. We were!!! In fact I was able to tell the chef personally how impressed I was with our meal. Thanks again Brian. :)
I highly recommend the steak and if you're not in a hurry to leave you must try one of there signature drinks. I had the pain killer. I will be back for another tonight. Please join me!
Thanks again to everyone at coastal blue. We can't wait to come back for another family meal.

~ Craig B.
Nyc.

1 Thank Craig B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great, relaxing, vacation without leaving nj.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was the first time staying at the icona hotel and by far won't be the last. Everything was amazing from the room, the restaurant, and the staff..thanks again for a great experience, a wonderful vacation and we will be seeing u again soon and we will bring friends.. Thank you !!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rocenz
“breakfasts and lunches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Icona and the restaurant was a very good spot at the hotel with a nice selection for breakfast and lunch (dinner menu and lunch menu are the same). We were a party of nine and every breakfast that I had was prepared exactly as I ordered. No one complained about their orders. Our servers and the hostesses were fabulous and very friendly. Meals may have taken a bit longer to come out because all mornings the restaurant was quite busy. Lunch my husband and I shared the fish tacos. You receive 3, so we shared and 1 1/2 was quite filling. The fish was prepared beautifully and I enjoyed them each day I had them. Drinks at lunch or afternoon were very well made from the bar and poolside service is also available with a very friendly bar waitress.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MITIJ
New Brunswick, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW!! Check this place out!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

What a fantastic hidden gem in Wildwood Crest! Upon arriving my sister and I were seated right away. Josh took care of us. He was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and provided us with the best suggestions!

We tried two of their signature martinis, the Pain Killer and the Wildwood. Both drinks were very well balanced and tasty! For dinner we decided to share the lobster roll and the salmon dinner (cooked perfectly!!) And even though we were full we had to split the key lime pie and my sister had a cup of coffee that she said was really great.

The décor was also something that stood out, I felt like I was down in South Beach so it was a nice break from the other restaurants I the area. Such a wonderful experience, I hope more people will be able to discover the Coastal Blue! I know I will be back with more friends!

1 Thank D B