“The only place we will ever stay!!!”

Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We recently just got back from our vacation which started out horrendous!! We initially booked a different hotel that was dirty and disgusting. We opted to leave that hotel and had very little time to find a new place to stay for our week long vacation. I called the Fleur de Lis and they were very accommodating. They had 1 room available which was the perfect size for my family. The maid staff cleaned that room FIRST so we wouldn't have to wait all day to check in. The front desk staff and managers were extremely courteous and helpful with all of our needs.
The room was perfect for the 5 of us to fit and sleep comfortably. This hotel is extremely clean and very well maintained. My fiance and I also joked that the maintenance worker must have a clone because he worked from sun up to well into the night. There is attention to detail in every aspect of this hotel, from the way they fold the linens and towels to the way they would arrange my daughters stuffed animals on the bed after cleaning the room. The pool was also very clean and the chairs and pool decks were washed nightly.
As far as convenience goes, you cannot get closer to the beach. You are also within walking distance to the boardwalk but far enough away from the noise. Most nights we sat by the salt water pool and just enjoyed the sound of the ocean. There are also many restaurants within walking distance and an ice cream parlor right down the street. There is also a playground right down the street which is a great cheap way to entertain the kids for awhile in between the beach and the boards.
I cannot say enough kind words about this hotel or the staff. This was the second year my family and I stayed at the Fleur de Lis and I'm looking forward to making it a part of our yearly vacation for many years to come. This is the perfect hotel to start a tradition! I can't wait until next summer!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank lisa4513

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our first time staying and the amenities are just fantastic. There are grills if you want to eat in. There is a game room for the kids which is very nice. Impeccably clean rooms. The staff is more than accomodating. The pool is sparkling clean. Just a perfect place to stay for the money. We definitely will make this our vacation spot every year. The only thing I did not like was that people were smoking outside and you could smell the smoke. I would love to see this a totally smoke free environment. I do understand you have to accommodate everyone. This hotel also has an elevator which was very helpful on checking in.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the ocean front rooms was excellent and traveled with family who stayed in a roo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gladys0512
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Just returned yesterday from another great vacation at Fleur De Lis. The hotel has been renovated and the rooms are gorgeous. Every room is like a suite. Walk in and there's a nice size room with dining table, couch, flat screen TV, dresser and kitchen with granite counters. You can cook a full meal in there, fridge is big too.
Then the bedroom is a separate room in the back. Two big beds (they might even be queen) that were SOOOO comfortable and made me also realize that I really need to get new pillows at home!!! I slept so good! There's also a flat screen TV in there.
Aaaand, I don't think I've ever been at a hotel where the AC worked so good. Our room was freeeezing which was a great relief since it was 102 down there on Wed!
Ok, now the pool area. LOOOVE it!! There's an awesome slide for the kids, and a knee high size area for the toddlers which is also nice to hang out in and cocktail! There's a giant grill available for everyone to use and plenty of tables and seating for your family. We went with 4 families and it was the best vacation ever! Close to the boardwalk to either drive or take a nice walk (we did both).
The hotel also has an outdoor ping pong table and a little game room. You can just tell that everyone there is really enjoying themselves. Most people we talked to are repeat customers that come back every year.
Oh, there's also a little restaurant/diner type place around the building to the left (facing ocean). Great for quick bites if you don't feel like cooking. Super convenient!

3  Thank Morticia814
Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you are looking for a decent value, I recommend this hotel. It is beautifully located, impeccably maintained, and has a courteous, helpful staff. If you have discriminating tastes, however, don't believe the hype. The rooms are very small, and the hotel ammenities, save for a well-maintained pool, are sparse. No restaurant, no serviceable lobby, no real game room. This is essentially a motel, with a parking lot that works only if you don't need to open your car doors. If you can afford the extra money, try the Port Royal. No knock on the Fleur de Lis, but it occupies a completely different spot on the food chain, and if you are selecting a "hotel" based on Trip Reports' rankings alone, you are apt to be dissappointed. It is what it is: a nice, basic motel where the obvious care invested by the owners sets it apart from its peer group. It is not a high-end experience by any stretch of the imagination. If restricted by a tight budget, I would stay here again in a heartbeat; if not, I wouldn't.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Fiveputt
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Another perfect stay at the Fleur de Lis! The entire staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They always go out of their way to make our vacation wonderful!! The entire property is spotless, and the rooms are gorgeous. The perfect location, at the beach and only a 10 minute walk to the boardwalk! It's the ideal spot for families and couples. It really is the BEST place to stay in the Wildwoods!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PhillyGirl63
Reviewed July 17, 2012

From the moment we arrived, the hotel management was very helpful. We arrived early so our room wasn't quite ready. However, we were able to park our car and decided to walk to the boardwalk. It is a long walk, but exercise is good. There is a tram car that travels both ways for a fee. When we returned, our room was ready. We reserved a room with an ocean view. This turned out nicely. The hotel is very kid friendly, therefore many families with young children. The beaches at wildwood are so long, so being as close as you can get was great. The water was beautiful. Not being a fan of large waves, this is the perfect ocean. Back to the hotel...the room was equipped with a complete mini kitchen. The room was spacious and very clean and modern. Outdoor grills were on the premises for cooking. Lots of tables and chairs for eating. The hotel next door has a nice little restaurant for take out or eat in. The breakfast and lunch were great, the dinner fair. The hotel is within walking distance of many places. We took a sunset cruise only four blocks away. The pool was really pretty, however it closed too early (7pm). Being with teens, it would have been nice to swim without so many young kids in the pool. If you are coming to wildwood with young children this is a perfect hotel.

Room Tip: If you want more privacy choose the ocean view rooms.
4  Thank Lightson50
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I take pride in doing all my research before going on vacation. I like to know which is the best for the money, closest to the excitement but still on the side of relaxation. The Fleur de Lis Beach Resort was amazing. We were on the 3rd floor and had a beautiful view of the ocean and could also see the whole grounds. The pool was great and warm and very popular with the guests but never over crowded. The staff was very friendly and provided us with anything extra we asked for. The hotel has recently been renovated adn you can see the effort and work put in. Great efficiency suites that fit our family of 4 perfectly! A little bit of a walk to the Boardwalks but if you get on the little tram you are good to go! Enjoy! HIghly recommend and will go back for sure!

Room Tip: I really loved the 3rd floor. I would recommend it. Best view in the house!
4  Thank funnygirlab
#1 of 7 in Lower Township
Port Royal Hotel
Port Royal Hotel
#6 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Fleur de Lis Beach Resort? Share your experiences!