“The only place I will stay in Wildwood!”

Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have been going to Wildwood for most of my life and this is the best place I have stayed. Aside from the beachfront Marriott I stayed at on Waikiki Beach in Hawaii, this is the cleanest and most accomodating place I have ever stayed at. My family has created some of the most beautiful memories while staying at the Fleur di Lis and would never even consider staying anywhere else. I agree with the other poster; I am a little scared of telling too many people, because I don't want to lose my "spot" there every summer!!! :)

This is an exceptionally clean, accomodating and comfortable place to stay. If I had to think of one thing to complain about, it would be that the bathrooms are small, but that is to be expected for such an old building, which by the way has been completely renovated. They even have an elevator, which is rare in Wildwood. The view is fantastic and you couldn't ask for a more perfect spot on the entire Jersey Shore... Just talking about it makes me excited for my upcoming stay this summer!

I cannot wait for my husband and 2 year old daughter to go back this summer, we are also taking my mom and sister, who are Wildwood loyalists like myself. They have never stayed at the Fleur di Lis, but I am certaing that they will love it as much as myself and my husband do!

Room Tip: The best views are from the 2nd and 3rd floors!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ShannaCavallaro

Reviewed February 12, 2012

For starters, I have been going to Wildwood Crest for most of my life and had tried many of the hotels. There are a lot of less than acceptable accommodations.
I found the Fleur de Lis back in the early 1990's and I have been returning almost every year since.
The building is a low rise with outside balconies. The rooms are updated regularly and exceptionally clean. Most have a splendid view of the beautiful endless beach.
The staff is wonderful and helpful and mostly the same people for as long as I have been going.
They have a beautiful pool that has a toddler side and plenty of seating by the pool. For those who like to grill, the offer grills for the patrons to use. This hotel is beachfront.
Call Tom for reservations and specials.

Room Tip: If you have young children, ask for a ground floor room for your convenience. Couples should choose...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank lkkalj
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My family has been coming here for years and we have gotten to know many of the other guests, making our yearly visits feel more like a homecoming! The rooms are wonderful and the hotel itself is kept spotless. The pool is heated and cleaned daily... the location couldn't be better...and the staff is very friendly! I would tell more people, but then I might not get a room!!! The only place i would stay in Wildwood!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Tracy H
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Just got home from our 1st stay at the Fleur de Lis. First time in Wildwood Crest, as a matter of fact! We will definately come back to the Fleur de Lis!!!!! From beginning to end, our experience was absolutely the best!!! The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home - very helpful & friendly!!! We will not hesitate to recommend the Fleur de Lis to our family & friends!! Thank You for everything!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pat K
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We have been coming to the Fleur de Lis for many years. The location is perfect. We can see the ocean from our room. The hotel is always clean and rooms are updated on a regular basis. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. We talk to them as friends. My adult children come every year and always have a wonderful experience. The rooms are always maintained beautifully. Full size refrigerator, stove and microwave - very useful. We will continue to come for 2 weeks every year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Henrietta52552
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We recently stayed at the Fleur the week after Irene (hurricane) visited. The only impact that I could see was the "lake" that was formed between the ocean and the hotel. The room (microwave and small refrigerator) that my family of 4 (2 adults; 2 kids ages11 and 15) stayed in for 2 nights was a small corner room on the second floor with a street view. The last and third night was an efficiency (stove, microwave and full refrigerator) with no view - it was located in a breezeway. I made the resevations only a week before, so I was happy to have gotten a room and wondered if I made the right choice in taking what was left. It all worked out for the best. The hotel is one that is definitely family oriented - lots of famiies and kids. It can get quite noisy by the pool with lots of kids around, so having a room facing the street actually helped with the noise level.

There are 2 gas grills that are available for anyone to use - at one point, both grills were going - looked like a family was having a picnic. A nice feature if you don't want to eat out. The efficiencies also makie cooking in easy too.

The hotel itself was renovated last year - rooms were clean. We did have a problem with the drainage of the tub - one call to the front desk, maintenance came up and fixed it within 30 minutes. The location was very nice - right on the very wide beach (long walk to the ocean); we walked to Wildwood every day - great location.

This may just be a personal issue but, I wasn't crazy about having the balconies connected. You would have to walk in front of all the rooms when leaving / going to your room. Not much room to navigate, when we were going to our room - we kept running into the plastic chairs that were outside each of the rooms with our luggage. No privacy on the balconies - although I did not sit on the balcony - many did. This configuration seemed to be very common - many of the hotels set up the same way.

Overall, we were happy with the hotel - clean and good location. The front desk very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank jvnn
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Went there 6 years ago and have been going back ever since. Clean and friendly great renovations and they now have an elevator.There packages are a great deal with breakfast and dinner included at local restaurants.

5  Thank Maxwell920
#1 of 7 in Lower Township
Aqua Beach Resort
Aqua Beach Resort
#9 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Fleur de Lis Beach Resort? Share your experiences!