“Why all the bad reviews?”

and 1 more site!
Apollo Resort Motel
Ranked #62 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
NJ
“Why all the bad reviews?”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I am amazed at the bad rap the Apollo is getting on here! My son and I stayed in a second floor standard room, overnight, in the beginning of July. The room was a typical Jersey Shore room, meaning it’s not Vegas, but it was clean and comfortable. Both the price and ocean view were excellent! The in room fridge, microwave, and coffee maker were a plus.
Upon checkout, and after making sure there were no bedbugs or roaches (yuck) we booked 4 nights for a 6 person first floor efficiency. We just returned and again the stay was fantastic. Another clean room, great view, and no bugs!
The management was fantastic. Although very friendly, it never felt as though we were being spied upon, as many small motels have the feel of. All of the grills worked, the ice machine was never empty, and the pool was clean. As an early riser, I watched it being cleaned every morning. It is a family oriented establishment. No late night parties or noise outside. It is also on a very quiet street.
This is a small motel directly on the beach in Wildwood Crest. It is not a 5 star hotel. Being a Jersey resident and having been to many Jersey Shore motels in my lifetime, it ranks as one of the best. Very clean!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank KiaraNJ

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was very pleased with our room and the accommodations! Was a little worried after reading some nasty reviews, but found that they must have exaggerated because I didn't see a thing wrong. Location was perfect! Room exceeded my expectations with a very clean bathroom and kitchenette! Not a bug or any sand in it to be found. Was a nice quiet stay. Not to mention that they squeezed me in with four days notice at an unbeatable price. I would recommend this motel to others and have. Thank You Apollo! Your pride in this motel shows.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Camy423
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2011

My experience at the Apollo was satisfying. It was very clean, had an excellent location, and even better was the fact the prices were not beatable! The pool was clean and the staff was very friendly. I had a great experience and do plan on staying at the Apollo for my future Wildwood vacations.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Petro87
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My experience at the Apollo Motel was excellent! The rates were very reasonable during the middle of the Summer season, and in fact they were cheaper than other motels. The beach is literally a step down from it, and the pool is very clean with nice reclining chairs. The room I stayed in was clean as well! Perfect size bathroom and kitchenette! There was also several barbeque grills so know one had to compete for one, and a beautiful open deck view of both the beach and pool! I HIGHLY reccommend you to stay here. The crowd it attracts are very friendly and clean, and the staff was very welcoming! It was my perfect little getaway and i cannot wait to return back. (Tina from Philly)

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank Phillytina
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Me and my wife had a wonderful stay at the Apollo. We found it to be clean, a friendly staff and a great view of the beach and ocean. The pool is a little small, but well kept with plenty of seating. We will be booking again for the 2012 season!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank LancasterBeachBum
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 15, 2011

All of the negative comments on here are 100% true! The rooms smell like mold. The furniture is ripped and worn. Our room had bugs in it. The ceiling fans didn't work. The kitchen was a mess with broken very outdated supplies. The parking was insane. My car got dented and i was blocked in from moving my car several times.Now I know the manager will come on here and call me a lair, but believe me I wish I read these comments before booking the room. The ONLY nice thing about this motel is that it is right on the beach.

P.S anyone who says this is a great hotel must be really dirty people.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Wildwood-Is-the-best

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2010

My family has been going to the Apollo for over 4 decades. You can't beat the location as it's literally on the best beach in NJ.

The family who runs the Apollo are the nicest, warmest folks you will find. It's like visiting family for us. We can't recommend the Apollo or Wildwood Crest enough.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family