“Food and portions terrific”
Review of Gia - CLOSED

Gia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Coming Soon!
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Never disappointed at Gia's. Food very good and enough for dinner the next night. Perfect place to walk to from you home or motel in Wildwood Crest. BYOB and that makes it an even better deal. Just be careful to ASK the prices of the specials. They are usually way out of line with the normal menu pricing and sure to bring sticker shock when you get the bill. The location is in an older motel and kind of looks like a 1950's coffee shop, but it is homey inside. Gia's is ideal for the family on vacation and later at night is quieter and, actually, a nice date place.

1  Thank donthebeachbum

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Overall a very good experience. My meal (the special - pounded pork chop) was delicious and tender and a very large portion. Ate the leftover the next day and it was almost as good. My husband's meal was okay - ordered the burrata appetizer - not the best. My biggest complaint was the girl busser who felt it necessary to yell to the owner when she needed her. A shame because the owner is a very lovely and welcoming person. Total meal for 2 was $76 before tip - a bit pricey for a BYOB. While I would go back and give it another try, my husband would not.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

DO NOT go to Gia's in Wildwood Crest, NJ with a group. I called to confirm a number of attendees before our dinner and twice they told me a few either way didn't matter. Come the night of our event, they charged us for 3 extra dinners for people who didn't attend. ( So much for a few people up or down not mastering.) When I asked for the dinners they said they couldn't give them to me that night but I could get them next time I came by. When I came back to redeem the extra dinners they refused to honor their promise. Very disappointed that Gia's does not treat customers with respect or keep their word. Our group will NEVER return there again!

6  Thank PammyK1860
kim2343, Owner at Gia, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

I responded to the writer of this review twice by e-mail, now for the third time...! The Wildwood Yacht Club booked their banquet, as they had previously, no problem. Banquet prices are based on customer count,it is common restaurant policy.When Kim called on the day of the event to say the count went down, i assumed she was concerned with seating, as they had booked with us before and were aware of policy. An hour after the party left, she called to say that she was charged for extra dinners. I told her that although her count had changed, she was charged as a banquet. Her response was that it shouldn't matter, and she wanted to come pick up the extra dinners...?????I told her nicely that the kitchen was closed, and sent her two e-mails explaining restaurant procedure. I recieved no response. Kim and her husband then showed up at the restaurant one night and wanted to eat their "free dinners" and take the other home! I have never had anyone try to do this in all of my years in the restaurant business.We took very good care of the Wildwood Yacht Club, and hope that Kim's behavior was no reflection of the rest of the group.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Gia is a family run business located adjacent to a beach block motel along the Wildwood Crest, NJ shoreline. It appears they operate a restaurant by the evenings that is not affiliated with a breakfast restaurant in the mornings during the beach season. My family used to frequent that establishment (The Sand Castle) for breakfast for years. We first knew of this restaurant a year or so ago and just recently realized they operate even during the most quiet times of the year (dead of winter). Yet, this Saturday in Late January had a mid-summer feel to it. A crowded restaurant of what appeared to be locals but all seemingly enjoying their meal. The chef is apparently a daughter of the parents who all chipped in on service during the meal. The hostess or manager (the chef's mother)was friendly and cordial. Waiters dressed in all black attempt an upscale feel and are proficient and were friendly. They did not rush the evening which can be seen as a positive or a negative depending on the patron....we did not mind it at all. It's BYOB and the meals are priced more upscale for the area. That said, the quality of the food we had was excellent. A share salad for two with fresh greens a fruit and glazed nuts with some fine cheese was delicious. Diver scallops with fresh spinach in brown butter was simply prepared outstanding. Simple, elegant and large sized scallops all perfectly cooked. Veal parm was prepared wonderfully in the classic way. Fresh, hot and tasty marinara over the top and pounded veal which was tender and flavorful. We did not sample dessert but did have a coffee and expresso. No capuccino was available but it did not in any way detract from the offerings. The desserts looked wonderful coming out and we will certainly return to sample other menu items. Overall an excellent meal in what is essentially a ghost town during winter with empty motels, virtually empty condos....A great place to have an open restaurant. Kudos to the owners for keeping the restaurants open even during off season. You have a repeat customer whenever we return to our 2nd home at the beach.

2  Thank We3ski
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The food is excellent, I would say the best Italian food I ever had. My wife and I go there every Friday and have always enjoyed Chef Mia Chiarella's dishes. It is a wonderful atmosphere and excellent waiters and staff. Try their fried artichoke hearts they are to die for or the veal chop, and their Chicken Chiarella is my favorite dish. Five Stars *****

1  Thank Tony D