“My First Trip to Cape May”
Review of Airboat Adventures - CLOSED

Airboat Adventures
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My first trip to Cape May, NJ, included a ride on Airboat Adventures' fleet, and I'm so glad it did!

The Jersey Shore's only airboat has no propelling mechanisms in its undercarriage, which means we were able to access areas that other boats cannot. We enjoyed zipping through the marshes and then slowing down to observe the local wildlife--which include ospreys and dolphins! If you have kids, they'll love when the captain stops the boat and scoops up crabs and other creatures out of the bay. My favorite part? Enjoying the COMPLETELY still waters when we were....well, I'm not sure WHERE we were, but it felt like we were 100,000 miles away from any other human beings.

Mark and Anna, the proprietors of Airboat Adventures, were our captains and tour guides. Long-time residents of Cape May/Wildwood, they had interesting information to share about the wildlife, the local ecosystem, and also the community at large. Mark and Anna have worked as lifeguards, oyster farmers, and commercial fishermen. We had so much fun learning, through them, about the daily life of a Cape May resident. Do YOU know where oyster farmers go to get the best homemade sausage in town? (Gaiss' Meat Market!) Do you know which bar Cape May's grizzled old fishermen go for cheap beers after work? (Meyers!) Where do lifeguards hang out after their shift is over? (The Rusty Nail!) What's the most interesting local publication? (Exit Zero Magazine!)

The operators of Airboat Adventures won't treat you like an annoying tourist. They're friendly, down-to-earth people who will make you feel like you're a local who is enjoying a boat ride with friends. Oh, and the cherry on top of the sundae? You won't pay your fare until AFTER the ride is over, because if you don't enjoy your ride, they don't want your money.

Tourism in Cape May is down post-Sandy. Go support this and other great local businesses that are part of a fantastic community.

There are newer reviews for Airboat Adventures
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We've been coming to Wildwood for many years and wherever we travel we like to try new things. When we checked into our hotel my wife grabbed a number of the activite cards available at every hotel, one of which was the airboat ride. We booked the trip on for 5pm. First off, the cool thing about this trip is you are in an air boat and I always thought they were cool since I was a little kid. Secondly, I'm thinking max capacity for the airboat is 6 or 7 people, so its very personal and really neat to do as a family. We've always looked out at all those back bay waterways and it was neat to actually get out there, and even cooler to do it in an airboat. The ride in itself is really cool, but we got to see a lot of wildlife, learned a lot about the water ways, and the coolest part was we got to see two Osprey chicks take their first flight. We will definately like to take another trip in the future. There were for of us, me, my wife, and two children ages 23 and 16. I'm willing to bet the younger kids would enjoy it even more. Thanks Captain Mark!!

1  Thank bubbarx
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My son saw this airboat and demanded we had to go for a ride. We had the whole family (3 kids) and it was really a blast. Got to go further into the marsh than I thought we could, but I guess that's what the airboat is designed for. Captain Mark was kind and knowledgeable, and the tour was less expensive than all the other excursions around there. We are looking forward to taking a sunset tour next year. Thanks, Mark!

1  Thank cmbeachdaytoday