“It's Just Not The Same.”
Review of Bayside Pizza House - CLOSED

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Mid-State, NY
“It's Just Not The Same.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Well, we tried it again after seeing ads and reading about it here. The menu is better than last year, the service was great. The dipping sauce was what we remembered. The Family salad was once again just lousy. There was fresh greens, olives, cherry tomatoes, nice croutons and chick peas in it. There was absolutely no flavor in the dressing as it was just oil with no herbs.
The entree I ordered was mediocre at best, not what I expected from this restaurant. It was a pasta dish with red sauce that frankly tasted like diner sauce.
The place was busy enough but the folks that remember Asseltas and Duffinettis from back in the day may be disapointed.
We might not return based on this visit.

• Visited July 2013

royersofrd
“Bayside is now Duffinetti's”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a great dinner we had July 5th. The original restaurant closed several years ago, sold the building, but came back a block away. We enjoyed a delicious dinner. I had veal scallopeni without the fresh tomatoes( they were missing), and my date had the pasta with meatballs. The servings were generous and appealing. A house salad and bread with their signature dipping oil came with the dinner.
The restaurant opens at 4:30 and we got there at 5 and were literally ignored by staff in the back who had an open window to see us. Then a little later we saw the owner come in and was telling the hostess she did not set up tables correctly for the nite to give diners enough time for their dinners. Soon after we were seated the tables were being rearranged and then again after the owner came in!
Delicious food but they need to get their act together!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank PatriciaRoyersford
Fords, New Jersey
“Duffinetti's at Bayside - Terrible!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I came to Wildwood for a long weekend and we were looking for a restaurant that had a variety on their menu. We found Duffinetti's at Bayside Restaurant in the magazine we were given at our motel and decided to give it a try. What a bad idea!
I called to see if a reservation was needed and after being told "ummmm, yeah if you want" I asked what times they had available and was told just tell me a time and I'll have a table for you. Reservation was made and when we arrived the place had plenty of open tables. We were obviously seated quickly but never greeted by a server. We decided on everything we wanted to order but still not even one person came by. A few other tables were seated after us and they were quickly greeted by one of the servers. Not even a glass of water was brought to the table while we waited at least 15 minutes for someone to stop by.We got up and left and told the hostess our reason for leaving and all she could say was sorry. As the hostess, she should've told the servers who she sat first so everyone could've been taken care of the way a restaurant should be run! Terrible experience and will never return!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jerseygirl104
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Change isn't always good.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Bayside is now under new management. They removed two favorite dishes: lasagna and alfredo, both family favorites. What we did get was bland tasting. I know that different places offer different things, but their other menu is what kept us coming back each year. I regret to say that the new Duffenetti's will not be on our list for next year.

• Visited June 2013
Clifton, New Jersey
“good food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

when going to wildwood crest my sons and I would always stop for a pizza at bayside. The other items they have on the menue are also good. They do deliver to motels in the area

Visited December 2011