“Great Breakfast!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at the VIP motel across the street a few blocks away. We ordered some take out breakfast. Great breakfast menu. Good service. Can grab a meal and walk steps away to beach!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

a short walk across the street from the Lotus Inn for breakfast lunch or dinner. Always good food with a great view of the ocean.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We took a shot at trying this establishment again on our vacation but it was just as bad as last year. We definitely won't be going back again on our next vacation. The food came out cold and the service was mediocre.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Staying @ the Island Beach & decided to walk a few blocks to the Port Royal for morning grub. Well worth the walk. The service was fast and the food was excellent. I had the stuffed French toast and my little sister had the eggs Benidict. The waitress was friendly and the food was reasonably priced. My brother loves coffee and he thought the java was the best he's had in the Crest. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great food and good service. I'll be back later this month.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We visited wildwood crest for 2 days right around the time of Hurricane ARthur; we saw it was top rated on Trip ADvisor and decided to try it. We called twice to find out about reservations and alcohol (Wildwood Crest is dry, with bizarre NJ liquor laws) and the people on the phone were very pleasant and helpful.
We walked from our hotel 1 mile to the Royal Grille, which is in the Port Royal Hote, I believe carrying 5 excellent beers...
We were greeted promptly; nice looking hotel, sharp looking lobby, very cool restaurant with virtually the entire back of the hotel at ground level glassed in and a view of the beach and neighboring park. Hostess and our waitress were GREAT - talkative, efficient, friendly, good suggestions.
I had crab chowder, caesar salad, and chicken fra diavolo; I had key lime pie; my wife had chocolate lava cake.
I am sorry to say I can't remember what m wife had for her entree but a few beers'll do that.
They were really helpful and brought us an ice bucket and opener for our beers, no corking fee or anything like that.
Bread was excellent.
Setting was clean, great view.
Crab Chowder was more like a minestrone, it was good, not great.
Caesar tasted like it was made fresh with homemade caesar dressing and was top notch.
Chicken fra diavolo was weird. It was delicious, super spicy, loaded with vegetables, pasta...and as such as terrific...but the chicken was so overcooked it was actually hard. At times I thought I was eating some sort of fibrous vegetable that needed to be cooked to be edible. It was tasty, but super tough. Big mistake and I hope the chef looks into this because it really detracted from a great dish.
Both desserts were very good. Overall, it was a good restaurant and the total setting and quality were such that I'd recommend it but it was a notch below excellent. And check ahead for the liquor laws so you know before you go.

1  Thank chimayred