“Finally...”

Carini's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Carini's Pizza & Italian Restaurant has served the finest Pizza and Italian Cuisine for over 20 years. We offer sit-down dining in our comfortable dining rooms, easy take-out service, as well as delivery.
Clifton Park, New York
“Finally...”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We have been searching for a great pizza in WWC for years...have tried several pizzerias with no luck...until now! Was great...crust was perfect...pizza was hot!
One thing was there timing was off by about a half hour and we had to wait BUT it was the
Friday before checkout...

• Visited August 2014
Anthony C, Owner at Carini's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
I'm glad you've found the pizza you were looking for, and I'm especially happy it was our pizza! I apologize for the delay in getting you your food -- we do tend to get a bit busy on Friday evenings, but that's no excuse to keep you waiting. We'll work on it. Next time you're here, we look forward to serving you our delicious pies in a timely manner.

Roselle Park, New Jersey
“service was atrocious...won't return”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We have been long time summer customers, maybe 20 years, when it was just the size of a pizzeria without the expansion in to two or three neighboring units. We were so impressed that our discovery was doing great requiring the expansion Well last nite will most likely be the last time we return. ( as you will read from others here as well.) We had no wait at 6:30 pm, sat ready to order and our waitress told us there was a long wait for pizza ( that had happned last year as well) so we ordered a two hot sandwiches, drinks and salad to arrive and eat before the pizza. We had waited and waited and finally the salad and sandwiches arrived. We had to remind her about the drinks, and ask for additional plates.(When we ordered we said we would have the chickenparm and meatball parm - 1/2 each for four of us) Apparently getting plates and drinks and US were low priority. The pizza arrived just as we finshed the sandwiches so we had planned that well. Again, had to ask for our drinks. The table behind us, with the same waitress-loud enough for all to hear- had to ask for their dirty plates to be removed when their entrees arrived. So we contunue to eat and observe very disgruntled customers grumbling all around us. We had four slices left, and were asked by a young bus boy if we wanted to take them home, We did and he returned quickly with paper plates and a paper bag, for the bottom and top for each slice. REALLY??? Couldn't we get a pizza box? A covered styrofoam carry out? Paper plates and a paper bag for 4 slices? Ok this wasnt as bad and what eventually did occur. We had to wait around for the check. Finally asking when she passed by-but it should have been obvious as we had nothing but a paper bag in front of us.
She wordlessly brought the check over on a black tray and left. I immediatley took out my credit card,placed it on top of the check on the tray and waited. and waited...and waited...and waited. The others with me left and went to the shop next door. I was now ALONE at an empty table . Finally after what could have been 15 minutes,and IGNORED by my waitress and almost every other staff member, another waitress ( who I had not seen prior to this) mentioned ' oh you .could bring that to the hostess desk. she'll take care of that.' ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? 1) Why didnt my waitress tell me that when she brought the check? She said nothing... not even thank you 2) in my decades of life and dining out, if a tray was brought with the check, it meant someone would return to take it. NO tray meant you brought it to a cashier. Think about it...
I was so aggrevated!!. The hostess ( the russian girl already mentioned by another poster?) ASked me - almost memorized, without even looking up "Was everything ok tonite?' I responded,' I am not sure you even want to know' for which she didn't reply. Around me at the hostess desk, people were crowded around it..Asking for bags for their leftovers, ( stacked up styrofram trays on the hostess desk) asking when they would be seated, or asking for their names to be taken in order to be seated. It was crowded outside as well.when we left... Still aggrevated, I happed to talk to someone outside,, who said in all the years they had been in Carini's, this time the was the wosrt. They also mentioned usually the hostess was a relaitive, a family memember, with personailty. This time it was apparent to them, it was not..

• Visited July 2014
Anthony C, Owner at Carini's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I can't apologize enough for your experience. It sounds like we could've done a much better job of telling you where to go after you got your check, and I'm sincerely sorry we left you hanging for 15+ minutes. Although guests can pay at the hostess stand, they also have the option to pay at the table. While it's up to you how to proceed after you get the check, it's unacceptable for us to ignore that you're being left in the dark. Please know that we've got this feedback in mind; I've no doubt it'll help us avoid unnecessary frustrations like this in the future.

As for your leftovers, I'm sorry we weren't able to provide a pizza box. I understand how challenging it can be to take food home in a makeshift container, so we'll be sure to look into other options for our guests. Thanks for speaking up about this!

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Rude & Terrible Service”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

On vacation we stopped in for dinner because we had ordered delivery pizza and it was great.
The restaurant on the other hand not so great. The food was just ok,not as good as they would like to think they are.
Most horrible part was the I think Russian waitress was totally rude, and horrible!
She was screaming at my husband,went right in his face,and screamed at him, when he was inquiring about the order.
She didn't take his menu away,and slammed the plates down. I'm sorry but you don't treat customers that way, totally unacceptable, this place won't be getting my business again.

1 Thank mojomama13
Wow -- this type of experience goes completely against what we stand for, and I'm sorry you were treated so poorly. Our goal is to treat all of our guests like family, and I'm upset you didn't have this experience. I know your last visit was frustrating, but if you're in the area, I'd like to welcome you back so that we can make this right.

Take care,
Whippany, New Jersey
“Will never return ever!!!!! ”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We've spent many years vacationing in WWNJ this place was one of our favorites at one time not sure what happened here but we will never go back. Our waitress was horrible & food was just ok!! Maybe this explains why our last few visits there was no longer a wait when years before you couldn't get in the door! Sorry but we will not be returning they should reevaluate their staff!

2 Thank MelissaDAloia
I'm really sorry to hear you weren't happy with our food or our service, Melissa -- especially after hearing you used to love visiting us. However, I think we still provide the pizza and service you're most accustomed to; you might've just caught us on an off day. That said, I will reach out to the staff to discuss whether we've strayed from our values in any way. Thanks for the feedback.

Macedonia, Ohio
“Carini's Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

One of the best pizzas I ever had. Much better when it's right out of the oven! Many other pasta and sandwich selections also.

• Visited July 2014
Anthony C, Owner at Carini's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
There's nothing quite like a pizza hot out of the oven, Ed. I'm glad you enjoyed your slices. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!