“Not a "typical" shore restaurant”
Review of Marie Nicole's - CLOSED

Marie Nicole's
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Richmond Avenue
Description: Voted "Best of the Shore" by Philadelphia Magazine and South Jersey Magazine, Marie Nicole's has been a seashore favorite for years. Offering fabulous Steak, Chops, Seafood & Martinis. This eight time winner of Wine Spectator Magazine's 'Award of Excellence' pairs their wines with contemporary american cuisine. Enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail at the extended bar - now featuring a new bar menu. Savor summer nights on the terrace with friends and family. Reservations Recommended.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Marie Nicole's is definitely higher-end dining in Wildwood Crest. I've been there many times over the years and the food is consistently very good. The only disappointing meal I've ever had there was several years ago, on Memorial Day weekend, when they seemed overwhelmed by the beginning-of-the-season crowd. But since then, we've only had wonderful meals and very professional service. I can't recommend any entree in particular because I've really enjoyed all that I've ordered (most recently a well-prepared steak, for example, and even the linguine with clam sauce). It's a dark, quiet restaurant and there is a covered patio if you choose to eat outside. Desserts are yummy and not for calorie-counters. I believe this is NOT a BYOB restaurant, though many Wildwood restaurants are. Not cheap, but a special-occasion kind of restaurant. People do bring children, but it's not really a place I'd bring younger kids.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Went there by accident when I tried to take my family to crest tavern across the street. After waiting 2 hours at crest tavern we went here. They were very sweet to us. It was late we were starving. We were a bit under dressed for this higher end place. They took us right in and made us feel welcome. The dinners were expensive but the food was awesome!! I would go back with my wife but not my children. This is the kind of place you go out to celebrate a special occasion. The food is delicious but it not cheap.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Food is excellent but I have first-hand knowledge of how they treat their employees so just for that fact alone I will never go back. Let's just say a friend of mine was hired (local) with 15 years experience and they made her "train" for 6 weeks and did not pay her. Guess what her "training" was?? Bussing all tables for FREE!! Never tipped out, never payed from the owner. She brought up this unusual way of training and asked to be put on the floor to start serving tables since she has a family to provide for but they manager kept beating around the bush and kept saying "this is our training procedure". and never allowed her to pick up one table for tip money. My friend couldn't be taken advantage of much longer so she decided to leave. And it wasn't just her. They did it to all trainees. About 6 of them trained with her and all they did was bus tables for free for the restaurant. That is a grimey way to run a restaurant!!!

2  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had dinner there this week, very good food..i had the horseradish encrusted swordfish, very good..started with the oysters, also very good...very good wine list...i did have a miserable Gin and tonic during appetizer, my guess is the tonic was flat...prior to dinner we sat at bar,serive was only ok...place was crowded,so that could be an excuse..ordered a drink that never came,then we sat for dinner..all in all, very nice restaurant,with a very good wine list, and very good food...

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Loved just about everything about this hidden gem!

Pros:
Service is top notch! Pleasant, professional, pretty, helpful waitresses!!
Excellent drink menu (had the El Diablo Martini - a must try!)
Appetizers and Dinners were outstanding, especially the Veal Chop!

The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was because my wife's dinner was not very good (a penne pasta gorgonzola with crabmeat dish). We all tried it and found the taste strange.

Despite the one dish, I would return again.