American Safari Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Coliseum Ocean Resort(Wildwood Crest)
$79
$55
Jolly Roger Motel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Pool
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$99
Granada Ocean Resort(Wildwood Crest)
$65
$55
Waikiki Oceanfront Inn(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$81
Port Royal Hotel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$86
Olympic Beach Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$66
Adventurer Oceanfront Inn(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$49
Aztec Resort Motel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$90
Travelocity
Pan American Hotel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$79
Travelocity
All reviewsacross the streetnice view of the beachgreat familyair conditionerheated poolgondoliermotelboardwalkocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I am not normally the type to post reviews. However, after the blatant slander that I have been reading about the American Safari, I feel that I have to. The first time that my husband and I stayed here was the Summer of 2011. My husband had fallen off of a roof and broken both (yes both) of his heels and was in casts up to his knees. We desperately needed to get out of the house and chose the American Safari after calling all over Wildwood looking for a place that could accommodate a wheelchair. Adam moved mountains to get us into a first floor room over at the Aztec that had easy access to the office, the parking lot and the ice machine. He even offered to help me unpack the car upon arrival since obviously my husband with the two broken feet couldn’t do it. The rooms are clean and tidy, the staff from the office people down to the maintenance crew is kind and gracious. They say hello to you every time they see you! They even take the time to learn your name No, this is not the Ritz. You won’t find that in any shore town in New Jersey. It’s a simple, clean, family run motel that is a block from the beach and close to the boardwalk.

3  Thank Kate H
Reviewed April 7, 2013

ive been staying at the safari since i was a baby,,,,way before adamo owned it!! i love the safari it is very close to the boardwalk and the beach. around the holiday weekends the safari along with the gondolier throw very nice parties for their guests. the rooms are so much better since they took up the rugs and now have hardwood floors. the workers and maids are very nice as well as adamo and adam. the rooms are very clean! the only thing i would love to see different is the pool are kept a little cleaner...the chairs are light yellow so sometimes they can get a little dirty looking..also the sides of the pool are often alittle dirty...but besides those 2 minor things i love the safari and the gondolier. adam and his dad as well as the staff are great!!

1  Thank 509jackiem509
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

To start off the owners would never ask a guest who has reservations to leave the area when they arrive an hour early or even 5 hours early as we do every year. Second each unit is allowed only one vehicle to park and that is at all motels. Third at the time of your sons arrival, was the room even ready for check in and you neglected to mention in your review if you arrived at the check in time, which I might add is 3pm. You also mention yourself that your son can be arrogant at times. Did he disrespect the owner. Wouldn't know that would you cause you yourself said you didn't arrive til an hour later. As far as you getting sick and the phone not working in room, if you were that ill, you should have called 911 just like anyone would do in an emergency. Next time make sure your cell phone is always charged. I do. Don't make it sound like it was the owners fault about your illness. Sounds to me the only person with the attitude was you. The owners of not only the american safari but several of the motels in the area are friendly, professsional and have a great relationship with many if not 95% of their guests. No one is perfect. I say jolly oh to you and pip pip. I am returning to this establishment for my 24th year and can't wait for memorial day weekend to see my dear friends who we have met and also return every year to this fine and friendly motel.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank agitator1
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was really looking forward to the 2 bedroom suite @ Amercan Safari and also since I read good reviews about the owners I was sure I'd have a good time there. I was wrong :-( My son and his friend got there before us, about an hour or so, he gave our name and said we would arrive shortly, the owner not only didn't let him park there or wait on the grounds for us, he asked them to get up as they were sitting in front of someone's room, he should have showed him where our room was and let him sit there and wait or told him to use the pool since it was pretty hot that day. We booked the 2 bedroom suite and were told the amount to be paid when we got there which I had ready, I have the e-mail stating we would be 3 or 4 people!. When we checked in we had to pay an exrta $40.00 for my son and his friend?? I said it says sleeps 4 ppl and I have the e-mail to prove that is what I was quoted for before coming down. I think they didn't like my son for whatever reason, he is very polite but a little arogant at times so you take that out on my pocketbook?? not very nice. I also got sick one nite there in the middle of the nite and the next day when my hubby asked for the number for the police Dept. the owner tells him look it up in the phone book or come to tell him if there is any problems, he musta thought it was to complain about noisey guests but it was really for the fact that the in room phone doesn't work and I woke up in severe pain and sweating and the room phone was dead! my cell was dead too, good thing nothing bad happened, the owner (Adomo) had an attitude about it though? The parking was so tight I got not one but 2 dings on my new car which suks...pool is kinda teeny as well as the grounds around it. Overall all I really liked was the rooms, very clean and able to walk to the boardwalk if you want. I am going back to my old stomping grounds...The Jolly Roger who are wonderful and parking, pool and ppl that work there are great too! addios A.S!

4  Thank JoJo B
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I just return from another great season at the american safari motel. Not only did we enjoy the 50s show but we had a great time enjoying the great entertainment and food they provided for all of their returning and new guests. We have already booked our vacation time for next year starting with memorial day weekend and also august. We can't wait and I am sure we will be calling with 2 to 3 additional reservations too. Thanks again to the pipetones and their wonderful employees who make us feel like we are family. Can't wait for may 2013.

• Stayed: October 2012