We rented room # 205 in June 2012 for 4 adults and 2 children we had a great time. When we came home me and my husband decided to book again we booked for aug 18 through to the 23rd for 13 people we had room #205 (at $255 a night)and room #305 .On Tuesday aug 22 we spoke to the maid because only one bed was done out of three which is fine then we left to enjoy our day .When we got back we noticed that the Maid had helped herself to candies (never opened ) in my drawer , took my sons flip flops ?, and his Nintendo ds 3d and 7 games charger ect ........ My friend staying with us in the room #205 noticed her 6 bran new shirts from Guess missing and 3 kid movies from her twins gone. When we notified management she said she would be calling in the maid to speak with her ( maid has only worked for the Monterey for a week ) but they needed a translator. we didn’t hear from her again when we asked young girl at reception she said well you will have to wait till she gets back because today is her only day off ??????????????? We wasted a day of our vacation because the manager couldn’t be bothered to help us? She came back at 5 / 5:30pm and called the cops and didn’t even come to see us in hotel room when asked why she didn’t come up the other girl said she is still off duty!!!!!!! if manager takes off their should be a person behind counter ready to also handle any situation .we made a police report so did 2 other rooms room # 204 and # 206
one was missing a bottle of perfume and one was missing a smart phone . Thankfully our friends staying on the 3rd floor room 305 had a different maid their stuff was safe? but the part that gets me the most was the manager ignored the problem gave maid a heads up on the situation so maid never showed up and wasn’t fired ...... but was only coming back on the 24th .......... then we were ignored by manager for the rest of our stay like we were the thieves. ocean property management also said oh well u wasted a day and a half waiting for the manager to do something and we lost about 600 $ worth of stuff and it was ohh to bad it’s in the cops hands now NO compensation at all was offered we had to argue to get heard and finally ocean management property finally gave us 300$........ What is that nothing........ nice vacation huh ......she ( the manager )didn’t even come up too look at our room, was not cleaned no toilet paper , no towels , just beds were made and garbage removed and candy in front of maids room but manager couldn’t be bothered, it was her day off!!!!!!!!! (The officer took time to look) .......there were other condo owners there that tried to help us and they too were disgusted on how we were abandoned.... So we will NOT be returning to the Monterey because the staff just doesn’t care and clients are not valued but ignored.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Monterey is located on the beach at the southern end of Wildwood Crest. Rooms have a beautiful beach and ocean view. Two-room efficiencies and 2-bedroom efficiencies are available for rent. Family oriented with heated pool, shuffleboard, ping pong and pool table. Great family specials. Close to many activities such as: boating, miniature golf, shopping and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Monterey Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Monterey Motel Wildwood Crest