Monterey Resort
Jolly Roger Motel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$81
  • Pool
Coliseum Ocean Resort(Wildwood Crest)
$89
Aztec Resort Motel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$114
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$125
Olympic Beach Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$72
$68
Four Winds(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$108
The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$134
$109
Port Royal Hotel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$184
Granada Ocean Resort(Wildwood Crest)
$165
$75
Hotwire.com
Paradise Oceanfront Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$83
$79
All reviewsnice heated poolshore vacationping pong tablebeautiful view of the oceanshuffle boardfull kitchenmusty smellgreat familyunitbeachcabinetutensilscape
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I have always hated staying in the motels in Wildwood and the Crest because they have always been dumpy. This was a nice change. It's not the Hyatt Regency or anything, but it definitely was an improvement over other places. We had room 106 and it was newly remodeled and for the most part clean. It had plenty of room and the location is great. - right at the beach, plus the walk down to the water is nothing like it is down in Wildwood.

1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The day before I arrived at the Monterey Resort, i call just to make sure my reservation was ok,and the pool schedule . but the reception I received over the phone was very rude. I was told I did not explained myself properly. on my arrival, at the point of checking in, the person at the office was yelling at another family that was also checking in. I was shocked of the way she spoke to them.

2  Thank jerseygirl25_11
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My expectations were not high for this stay, I have been to some of the NJ shore places and they are usually old, run down, depressing and expensive. I travel a lot for work and have become used to something a little nicer, but this was all I could find on short notice so we went.

I am happy to say that I was very pleasantly surprised, the location is as good as it gets, right on the beach (a really nice and clean beach). The pool is sparkling clean and the room was bigger than I thought, and they change the towels and make the beds daily. The shared barbecue area is of reasonable quality and is close to the pool, overlooking the ocean. The unit we were in could probably use a little updating but it was clean and our cleaning person Becky was friendly and very helpful, and she did a really nice job cleaning every day at a time that suited our schedule. It had a full fridge, range with an oven and a microwave - and a beautiful view of the ocean. These units are individually owned and there may be others that are more updated than the one we had. But then again, who knows… I guess this is a bit of gamble. However, many of the doors on our floor were often open and they all looked more or less the same to me.

Our air conditioned room easily accommodated 6 people (teenagers and up in age) and was very comfortable. I will go there again with my family.

The person at the front desk was a little unfriendly and intimidating when we arrived, but she was OK later. Not overly friendly but professional enough, maybe she just had a bad day… The only negative I can think of is that you have to be careful in the shower, it can go from nice and warm to cold to very hot in a few seconds.

2  Thank Nic659
Reviewed July 20, 2011

although the location is great, that is where the perks of this hotel stop. the staff was rude i never saw them smile once. payment is required before they even let you into the room, something i've never heard of in all my travel, also something they did not tell us before we arrived. they give you a list of rules two pages long. and they are watching to make sure you are obeying them. we had seven people staying in a 2 bedroom condo, all family members, and the lady at the desk advised us that our room was disgusting and before we went to the beach we had to make sure the room was cleaner for the maid.....FOR THE MAID!! besides the fact that our clothes were hanging out of our unpacked bags the room was perfectly clean for the cleaning staff. But apparently there maids are special maids that don't have to clean. also the manager took it upon herself to repermand my 10 year old brother, who was so worried about messing up the hotel room he tried to take his bathing suit off outside the door of our hotel room under his towel and accidently flashed his butt in the courtyard. she screamed at my little brother across the court yard infront of all the guests and embarassed him. The people who run this place need to be retrained in hospitality. We will never ever be renting here again. NOT WORTH THE MONEY! stay at one of the other 50 hotels on the shore if you want to enjoy your vacation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Jaykayay
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We booked our trip 2 day before. I was expecting a dirty smelly place for a 2 stars motel, but actually I was surprise of the cleanest of the place. It needs work and the units are a little dated, but the place was REALLY clean, the rooms did not smell and the pool was also very clean. Nothing fancy but I will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family