“Clean and Friendly”

Acacia Beachfront Resort
Ranked #13 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Owners/Manager were very friendly and welcoming. The place is spotlessly clean. Furnishings are pretty well kept. Beds are a little bit hard, but not intolerable. The motel is in a great location, and the sundecks are nice. Very family oriented. Not a party motel.

The pool is sparkling clean. There's a reason. No one uses it. It is only open during the very limited hours of 10am and 6pm. You know, the hours you spend at the beach and boardwalk? My kids were very disappointed and it felt as if we were staying in a place with no pool.

Would we return? Based on everything else, yes, but because we like to have a pool we can use - it's doubtful we will be back. That's too bad, too, because it is probably one of the cleanest locations in the area! (oh, internet access and ICE are both available - FOR A FEE!)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank fydlstyx

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Our family has been staying at the Acacia for over 20 years and this year they have outdone themselves. The maids show up every day and keep it impecably clean, the beds seem to have new mattresses this year and are extremely comfortable. Check in was quick and efficient and the staff were all friendly and helpful. The kitchen is fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, toaster and a coffee pot. A quick walk down the steps brings you right to the pristine beach. There is a quiet family atmosphere here and we were never disturbed my our neighbors. We will continue staying at the Acacia for another 20 years!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I loved the kitchenette in the room. It was complete with a full size refrigerator, 2 burner stove, microwave and sink. All the pots and pans and dishes were furnished. The table and chairs were very nice. Padded chairs were especially nice to sit on while eating and looking out of the window at the beautiful beach. The former guests didn't dry the kitchen utensils and put them away wet, which caused them to rust in the drawer :( So I had to wash everything that I intended to use to make sure they were clean. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels were given everyday. We were ocean front and on the first floor. The screen door didn't lock and so we couldn't leave the door open safely. Also others could walk across our balcony which I didn't really like. But on the other hand, we had the large recliner chairs to lay out on every day :) and we were only steps from the pool and on the other side of us was a small cafe only steps away!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I recently returned from a weekend at the Acacia. I went with 15 of my friends for my bachelorette party. Everything was great!! The close proximity to the beach is perfect. Also a plus the trolley stop is right in front of the hotel which brings you to bars and restaurants. I would definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We arrived on July 4th and it is with regret that we left on July 9th. We were travelling iwth my parents, my husband and my 5 year old son. We arrived at 11h30 in the morning on the Sunday. We went in to see if by chance our room was ready but it was not. We were told that we could park at the motel and there was a washroom close to the pool that we could change in. That is exactly what we did. We put on our bathing suits and went to the beach. We came back around 13h30 and our room was ready. It was room 215.

It was amazing. Clean, spacious. We had a two bedroom with kitchen and livingroom. One of the bedrooms had two double beds and the other bedroom had one double bed. One of the sofas in the living room was a queen sofabed. All were comfortable. The kitchen had everything we needed, full size fridge, stove top, microwave, toaster, coffee maker....... When we walked in the room, it smelled clean and fresh. The AC worked perfectly, considering the 100 degrees plus we had during the week.

The service was impecable. One morning, our toilet did not want to flush anymore. My husband went to the front desk and within 15 minutes, someone was at our door to fix it.

Every morning, when we went out to the beach, we would put the "please make room" on our door nob and within 45 minutes, the room was done.

The pool was heated to 88 degrees. My son loved it.

This motel is directly on the beach so we did not have to cross any streets to get to it.

A truck with fresh fruits and an ice cream truck came regularly during the day.

The staff at the motel was great.

I also have to say that the rooms are very sound proof. Once our door was closed, we could not hear what was going on outside. I only say this because our room was right in front of the terrase with the BBQ was with the tables and umbrellas. We could not hear people talking or anything. Not that people were being loud or anything. It was quiet and peaceful.

There is also a little restaurant at the motel right beside the Acacia which is convenient.

I can't say enough good things about this place. We will be back.

If you want to see pictures, email me and I will send them to you.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Just came back from a long weekend at the Acacia. We decided to try it again after the seeing that the management had changed and the reviews. I am so glad we went back. The place is so much cleaner and the staff very friendly. It is amazing the change the new manager has made. Our family will be back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2010

me and my family stayed at the acacia beachfront motel for our vacation. loved it. location was great, steps away from the beach and pool. the staff very friendly from check in to room service. the rooms were clean and spacious. we made good use of the grill on the premises. plan on going back again before summer ends.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#18 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort
The Crusader Oceanfront Family R...
#16 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Acacia Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!