“Definitely go there”

Acacia Beachfront Resort
Ranked #13 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We had a great time. I saw reviews complaining about the manager. This place is now under new management. I just spoke to the new manager to book my 2009 dates and he was so pleasant. I know that Acacia will be a great place to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Acacia Beachfront Resort

Reviewed January 24, 2009

We spent a long weekend last September. Found the rooms to be quite large and comfortable, and you can't beat the view. The kids loved being able to watch TV from the sofa bed, and we loved having the bedroom to ourselves.
We had never thought of going to the shore in the Fall before. Everything is cheaper, less crowded(even the boardwalk), and having the kitchen helps too. Plus it's close enough to go for the weekend.
I'm writing this now because we just called to make reservations for this September.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2008

My entire family (over 30 people) stayed at this Motel at the same time and had rented 6 rooms. My specific room was one of the 2 bedroom efficiencies on the 2nd floor. The things I did like about this Motel were the location and the view. I also liked having the elevator when it came to packing and unpacking the car. Unfortunately, there is a list of things I did NOT like. First of all, it was dirty! There was mold coming down from the A/C vents on the wall. The bathrooms were not clean. The maid service only made beds and vacuumed and restocked towels and TP. They never at any point cleaned our bathroom toilet, tub or floors, or anything in the kithen area. The beds were not comfortable and had plastic-like mattress protectors that were loud when you moved around at night. The A/C (which was Central air) didn't cool the back bedroom at all, yet it would be freezing in the rest of the rooms and bathrooms. The pool was filthy! I'm talking a pile of sand in the bottom, and long hairs floating all in the water. Plus, it was in the shade most of the day. The pool itself is small and there is not enough space around the pool and only like 5 or 6 lounge chairs. The balconies were nice to have and hang out on but they are never cleaned or maintained. The tables aren't wiped down, the floors aren't washed or even rinsed off and the grill is not cleaned either. I just think that when you are paying that kind of money and you're going there on vacation to relax, you should at least have a clean room and pool area to go to and be comfortable at. The owners were nice but not actively involved with anything going on there. The maids did the bare minimum, which didn't include much cleaning at all. I would not go back or recommend anyone else stay here.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Let me start by saying that I had a wonderful time. They should update the place but overall the place was great. Ocean view was amazing. I went with my family and we had a wonderful time.
The only thing I have to say is that the owner should not even come out. He appeared to be drunk and did not look like a person that cared. The son was very nice and pleasant.
I would definitely stay there. The most important thing for me was that the rooms had to be clean and that was right in the money.

The view alone will make me come back. Thank god there were no noisy guest like the review in the beginning.
Overall i would stay here and try and speak to the son. The father needs to retire. People pay to stay here he should be nicer.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2008

First of all booking my room over the phone the owner was very miserable. I should of known then to run. We got there the bathroom was pretty gross. I had to clean it because I wouldn't of used it otherwise. The beds are another story plastic wrap that everytime you move you wake up from the noise. I understand sanitary reasons but omg it was ridiculously loud. I ventured on the couch bed lol nothing but lumps it was horrible. Our room was 219 I believe so if you are offered that room don't take it.The place had changed. I stayed there for many years recommending it to friends. Our room was so noisey, people knocking on door and running away at 11 oclock at night. There were people drinking on balcony fighting knocking bottles all over the place, yelling and running all hours of the night. No sleep! We complained about the knocking on the door and asked to be moved and the owner was very rude. Told us to call the office if it happened again. That was all he could do. Not even an I'm sorry.Well then the drunk/fighting started and lasted till 4 in the am and we called the office but noone was there and no emergency number left on answering machine. We checked out a day early to go home and catch up on sleep. When we told the owner of the trouble again and we were checking out a day early .He said there was an emergency number hanging on the office door we should of went to get it and called. I said we would of had to go out and walk by the drunk people who were fighting bleeding and carrying on. I am very disappointed by all this. It was an expensive vacation and the owner didn't seem to care. The son was more helpful the day we checked out but all we got was an i'm sorry from him. I will miss going there because I been going there since 1982. I'd only do it if I had too, it is sad becasue i love the location and the ocean front room as long as im on the top floor away from the noise but the second floor expierence was another story.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I just got home from a night at the Acacia Beachfront Motel. My husband and I were there with our 3 children (ages 8,6 and 2) to attend a dance competition that my oldest was competing in at the Wildwood Convention Center. First...the good things. I called SEVERAL hotels, and the Acacia was the first hotel that was willing to give me a room for one night. Most hotels in Wildwood and a 3-4 night minimum. Getting there was very easy and the hotel has great curb appeal. The room was spacious. We utilized both double beds as well as the pull-out couch, which was very new and very nice. We swan in the pool which was on the smaller side, but had a fabulous feature. The pool has a small 2ft section that is connected to the bigger pool, but has a small plastic gate enclosing it. My 2 year old loved that he could see and splash around with my older kids, but still feel safe.
Now...the not so good stuff. The hotel does not offer non-smoking rooms. In the room is a sign suggesting that smokers step outside, but our room was horribly smelly. The room was also in a bit of disrepair. The walls near the table were horribly scuffed from chairs, a kitchen light was coming our of its socket and there were small cracks in the ceiling. They also provided NO EXTRAS. There is no hair dryer, no shampoo or conditioner or lotion. The towels were so rough, my middle child said they were scratching him. There are also no towels at the pool, so we walked bacj to our room dripping wet and had to dry off with our wet towels.

Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here again. The smoky smell is a real turnoff. The staff was really nice, but overall the hotel was a little on the ceap side.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2008

I had booked a room at this hotel back in February-- for June 27th 2008. I called several days prior to confirm my reservation-- all OK. I get there on check in day and they cancelled my reservation without my knowledge! Miserable owner swore "night guy" called me and left me a msg the evening before, however I had NO MESSAGES and NO MISSED CALLS from this place. He did not care and actually appeared somewhat drunk, had no remorse NOTHING. I finally found a place right next dorr (his son much more helpful -- minus the nasty chewing tobacco in his mouth). I HIGHLY RECOMMEN

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#18 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort
The Crusader Oceanfront Family R...
#15 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Acacia Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!