“Bring the Extras”

Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New Jersey
“Bring the Extras”
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I just got home from a night at the Acacia Beachfront Motel. My husband and I were there with our 3 children (ages 8,6 and 2) to attend a dance competition that my oldest was competing in at the Wildwood Convention Center. First...the good things. I called SEVERAL hotels, and the Acacia was the first hotel that was willing to give me a room for one night. Most hotels in Wildwood and a 3-4 night minimum. Getting there was very easy and the hotel has great curb appeal. The room was spacious. We utilized both double beds as well as the pull-out couch, which was very new and very nice. We swan in the pool which was on the smaller side, but had a fabulous feature. The pool has a small 2ft section that is connected to the bigger pool, but has a small plastic gate enclosing it. My 2 year old loved that he could see and splash around with my older kids, but still feel safe.
Now...the not so good stuff. The hotel does not offer non-smoking rooms. In the room is a sign suggesting that smokers step outside, but our room was horribly smelly. The room was also in a bit of disrepair. The walls near the table were horribly scuffed from chairs, a kitchen light was coming our of its socket and there were small cracks in the ceiling. They also provided NO EXTRAS. There is no hair dryer, no shampoo or conditioner or lotion. The towels were so rough, my middle child said they were scratching him. There are also no towels at the pool, so we walked bacj to our room dripping wet and had to dry off with our wet towels.

Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here again. The smoky smell is a real turnoff. The staff was really nice, but overall the hotel was a little on the ceap side.

• Liked — The 2ft pool area
  • Disliked — The horrible smell of smoke in the room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Franklinville, New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2008

I had booked a room at this hotel back in February-- for June 27th 2008. I called several days prior to confirm my reservation-- all OK. I get there on check in day and they cancelled my reservation without my knowledge! Miserable owner swore "night guy" called me and left me a msg the evening before, however I had NO MESSAGES and NO MISSED CALLS from this place. He did not care and actually appeared somewhat drunk, had no remorse NOTHING. I finally found a place right next dorr (his son much more helpful -- minus the nasty chewing tobacco in his mouth). I HIGHLY RECOMMEN

• Liked — It was next to the BEUA RIVAGE hotel--- stay there -- NICE PEOPLE!
  • Disliked — Owner could care less about his customers!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank parrotheadmom44
Hershey
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Would get excellent rating except for two things.The beds were somewhat comfortable but very noisy w/squeaky pads.Enough so for me to find the sofa bed.Other thing is parking could get very dicey in a busy week.While its in protected area,lay-out is bad & beams have to be negotiated.Fortunately motel wasn't even at 50% occupancy week we stayed (Mon-Thur).Streets were pretty empty in evening and boardwalk was not near as crowded as in past.Maybe $4.00 gas factor or economy but wife and I (driver) didn't mind more elbow room,teen-age daughters did a little.If ya get one of 9 ocean front rooms,bring along a thick fabric/non-plastic bed pad,and have patience parking ya got it made in the shade.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Bloomfield New Jersey
Reviewed February 18, 2008

We really enjoyed Acacia close to the beach the rooms were very nice and clean also the service we will definatley be back

Stayed May 2007
Connecticut
Reviewed September 18, 2007

My family and I were on vacation in ocean city maryland and it came to the end of our stay that we decided to extend our vacation and go to to wildwood new jersey. We didn't have a hotel booked so we stopped at Acacia. The staff was VERY friendly and booked us a room for 3 nights. We were so happy with the cleanliness of our room and the furniture and appliances seemed brand new. The hotel had been newly renovated we later found out. The view was perfect, there was a very clean pool, with nice comfortable chairs to lay out on in the pool. Two decks with tables and chairs with grills for us guests to use. You dont see that very much.
I would tell anybody to go this hotel, its too bad there wernet more like this around!!!

• Liked — It was an all around great hotel
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
30 Thank tabala21
Levittown, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2007

My husband and I and our 2 "adult" daughters recently spent a few days at the Acacia. This was our first stay there, as the hotel we usually stay at was completely booked ( I made reservations too late!). The rooms are very clean, had comfortable seating and were freshly painted in pleasing colors, which made it very easy to spend time there. Any requests for more towels were promptly met. Two televisions, one in the bedroom and one in the livingroom was great. There was plenty of hot water and the bathroom was kept immaculate. The front desk staff is pleasant and accomodating, as is the housekeeping staff. The location right on the beach can't be beat. Parking is a little tight as most people had SUV's or minivans and there are many support poles to navigate in the parking area. We were able to park on a nearby side street a few times so as not to deal with the tight spots. My only complaint would be that the beds are EXTREMELY hard and covered in rubber (which is probably because of moisture issues at the shore). Everytime you move, the mattress makes a racket! Another issue was on our last night there, a "group" of adults were partying loudly and drunkedly, on the sun deck until well after 2:30 AM. They had loud music playing and the liquor bottles were lined up! (This same group was partying loudly on the beach all day, so they obviously only care about themselves and not whether or not they're disturbing anyone). This is no fault of the hotel's, but if maybe someone in charge was on-site during the night, this could be avoided. Have a good time, but be considerate of others that are also on vacation. Anyway, we were very happy with the Acacia and would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — Very clean rooms, the view, proximity to the beach and pleasant staff
  • Disliked — The beds, parking lot and loud obnoxious inconsiderate vacationers!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
50 Thank DeeBeachGirl
New York
Reviewed August 11, 2007

The Acacia motel was great! It was a clean family resort with the perfect ocean view. We could see the ocean from our room and could walk out from the parking lot stright onto the beach. The motel also had a pool which compared to other motels in the area was slightly bigger. The pool was also located on the second floor outside which gave some privatacy compared to people driving by and seeing you splashing in the pool. The only compaint I have is the beds. The beds had some kind of plastic on them and they were hard as rocks. But other then that it was a really great motel and I would stay there again.

• Liked — I liked the great ocean view!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
#7 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#1 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Acacia Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!