New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Four Winds

Four Winds
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New York City, New York
“Perfect beach and birding get-away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Motel is right on the beach. The room was clean and quiet, with a nicely stocked kitchenette. Morning coffee while watching the sun rise over the ocean from the balcony was delightful. The beachfront was spacious and well tended. The proximity to the great birding sites in Cape May was ideal, and the local restaurants we tried were excellent!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nycgals

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Southampton Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Many different room choices for every type of person(solo to large family) Been staying here for 10 years now and whatever room you get older or new, there all clean! There all induvidualy owned and decorated which is why they don't have many pics of a certain room. Great and friendly staff and maids and 2 nice ladies running the office, Loretta and Eileen. As I said great for business, couples, family, friends, and solo parties. Many amenities, right on beach, comcast cable, FREE WIFI!, about 20 blocks from amusements and center of town, so its quiet yet close enough to the boards, biking, many restaurants nearby, close to Bay, Huge rooms for any motel, beautifully decorated, heated pool, grills, elevator, porch with chairs, most rooms except for the 'Motel room' have fully equiped kitchens according to the brochure, clean and comfortable beddings and sofabeds, clean floors and bathrooms, modern refrigerators, a television for each room(living room and/or bedroom), luggage carts, newly painted railings and outside, new pool are, perfect for ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are self airconditoned/heated, all rooms can be sunny at some point of the day, Beach fron...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jerseynick512
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is my 3rd stay here,, I only have good things to say, the room, unit 312 was super awesome.. Other rooms were nice as well. The staff was courteous, hotel is right at the beach, The stay here was peaceful and relaxing, I didn't want To leave.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Allstar431
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

We have been staying at the Four Winds for 6 years now. We stay twice a year, and so far we have never had any problems at the hotel. Loretta and the rest of the staff are very helpful, and go out of their way to make your experience there a great one. The rooms and property are always very clean. They have a pool and a small arcade which are great to help keep the kids busy. We love that it is right on the beach. We will be staying there for many more years!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank dn1123
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Recently attended a Cape May beach wedding and stayed at the Four Winds. The Four Winds is an older motel that sits on the beach. The rooms were somewhat dated, but I found everything satisfactory. We had six in our party (my wife and four children - ages 10 to 18). The room had a small kitchenette, bathroom, two double beds and a fold out couch. Also had two televisions. Beds were somewhat hard, but sheets and bedding were clean. HVAC worked well. Owner, Loretta, was wonderful to work with and made sure to ask if everything was fine with our visit. I failed to mention the heated pool (older, but appeared well maintained). We were all happy with our visit and I would stay there again. If your looking for Hampton Inn type accommodations, this is not for you. Otherwise, if you want reasonably nice accommodations for a reasonable (oceanfront) price, then checkout the Four Winds. We paid $285 for a post Labor day Friday and Saturday night stay.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank GMurphyEsq
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed at the Four Winds on a holiday weekend and we had such a blast. The room was beautiful and the people that own it really put a lot of time fixing it up. I stayed in room 304. The place was clean and I can't say enough for how homey I felt. The front desk management Loretta is the nicest person to accomadate your every needs. As for what to do in Wildwood Crest: Spending time on our beautiful beach till there is no time left of the sun. Go to one of the nice resturants in the area. Do make reservations for the better ones. Then if you like the boardwalk there you can spend a lot of money and enjoy some fun!
If you are here to have a full time of needs and dont care but not to relax this is not the place for you. Go to Disney World.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank chappyBocaChica
Montreal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

This place is the dirtiest place I have ever been. I would not let anyone in the family walk in the room without flip flops or sandals, cause the floor was filthy, sticky and our feet would turn black. Same with the couch, it was filthy, we had to put our beach towels on it prior to sitting down, cause the first night we arrived, I sat down on it wearing a pretty white skirt... well, the skirt wasn't so white when I got up... We slept one night the beds were clean. The following morning, I asked the manager is she could send the maid in the room to wash the floors. Ten minutes later, a teenage boy knocked at our door. Here was our "maid", with a bottle of Windex and some rags wanting to clean our floors...! I asked him if he had a mop and some soapy water to clean them good, he looked at me as if I was an alien...! I let him do whatever cleaning he had to do and asked for a refund. After arguing with the manager, I finally got my refund. We left after one night, supposed to be 10 nights, There was no way I would sleep in that filty place another night. When we buckled up our suitcases, I looked under the beds making sure we didn't forget anything....... My God, you should have seen what I saw.... The floor under the bed was covered with junk, but not our junk! Empty juice boxes, tissues, napkins you name it. I just get goose bumps thinking I slept in that room....

If, like everybody normal, you like cleanliness, this is absolutely not the place, sorry....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family