“We have been staying here for years!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Winds

Four Winds
Ranked #38 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Toms River, New Jersey
“We have been staying here for years!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We have been staying at the Four Winds for 6 years now. We stay twice a year, and so far we have never had any problems at the hotel. Loretta and the rest of the staff are very helpful, and go out of their way to make your experience there a great one. The rooms and property are always very clean. They have a pool and a small arcade which are great to help keep the kids busy. We love that it is right on the beach. We will be staying there for many more years!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank dn1123

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Recently attended a Cape May beach wedding and stayed at the Four Winds. The Four Winds is an older motel that sits on the beach. The rooms were somewhat dated, but I found everything satisfactory. We had six in our party (my wife and four children - ages 10 to 18). The room had a small kitchenette, bathroom, two double beds and a fold out couch. Also had two televisions. Beds were somewhat hard, but sheets and bedding were clean. HVAC worked well. Owner, Loretta, was wonderful to work with and made sure to ask if everything was fine with our visit. I failed to mention the heated pool (older, but appeared well maintained). We were all happy with our visit and I would stay there again. If your looking for Hampton Inn type accommodations, this is not for you. Otherwise, if you want reasonably nice accommodations for a reasonable (oceanfront) price, then checkout the Four Winds. We paid $285 for a post Labor day Friday and Saturday night stay.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank GMurphyEsq
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed at the Four Winds on a holiday weekend and we had such a blast. The room was beautiful and the people that own it really put a lot of time fixing it up. I stayed in room 304. The place was clean and I can't say enough for how homey I felt. The front desk management Loretta is the nicest person to accomadate your every needs. As for what to do in Wildwood Crest: Spending time on our beautiful beach till there is no time left of the sun. Go to one of the nice resturants in the area. Do make reservations for the better ones. Then if you like the boardwalk there you can spend a lot of money and enjoy some fun!
If you are here to have a full time of needs and dont care but not to relax this is not the place for you. Go to Disney World.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank chappyBocaChica
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

This place is the dirtiest place I have ever been. I would not let anyone in the family walk in the room without flip flops or sandals, cause the floor was filthy, sticky and our feet would turn black. Same with the couch, it was filthy, we had to put our beach towels on it prior to sitting down, cause the first night we arrived, I sat down on it wearing a pretty white skirt... well, the skirt wasn't so white when I got up... We slept one night the beds were clean. The following morning, I asked the manager is she could send the maid in the room to wash the floors. Ten minutes later, a teenage boy knocked at our door. Here was our "maid", with a bottle of Windex and some rags wanting to clean our floors...! I asked him if he had a mop and some soapy water to clean them good, he looked at me as if I was an alien...! I let him do whatever cleaning he had to do and asked for a refund. After arguing with the manager, I finally got my refund. We left after one night, supposed to be 10 nights, There was no way I would sleep in that filty place another night. When we buckled up our suitcases, I looked under the beds making sure we didn't forget anything....... My God, you should have seen what I saw.... The floor under the bed was covered with junk, but not our junk! Empty juice boxes, tissues, napkins you name it. I just get goose bumps thinking I slept in that room....

If, like everybody normal, you like cleanliness, this is absolutely not the place, sorry....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank MlleSophie2
raritan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Stayed at the Four Winds Hotel for the second year. Really nice place. I stayed in room 402. Was very clean and up to date. Also had a very nice view. Right on the beach. I alr4eady know it's the Four Winds again next year. Say hi to Loretta and Fred when you get there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ugotme
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

I recently stayed for 4 days at the Four Winds and had a great time. The Loretta and the staff is very friendly and attentive. The place is right on the beautiful beach of Wilwood Crest. I stayed in unit 402, and would recommend that room especially because it was very clean, roomy, two tvs, DVD Player, and has a "semi private" (based on unit location )balcony with a great ocean view.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Polistena
Cumberland Valley PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

To start, this was our first trip to Wildwood NJ. Tip #1, don't go in early June because it is too cold to enjoy the ocean. That said, Wildwood was a pretty nice place to hang out with the family for a few days. Very family oriented with lots of different things to do. Tip #2, there was vacancy all over the town even though trip advisor did not show it so call around.

Now for the Four Winds. It kind of reminded me of some Motel 6 rooms we have stayed in. Clean but no perks. To start, the room was an efficency with a seperate bedroom. The hotel is right on the beach with a nice boardwalk down to the ocean. The room was sparsley furnished with only one couch and no additional soft chair in the tv area. It had a small kitchen with fridge, microwave, stove top, and all the untensils, etc. It had a table with four dining chairs, which some of us ended up sitting on to watch tv. The beds were small (full) and hard in the bedroom but ok I guess. The bathroom water pressure was lacking in the shower, but it worked, barely. The hide-a-bed was almost unusable but clean sheets were provided. The view was ok from room #402, not ocean front. The pool was nice and clean although small and did not get much sun exposure. It was heated so we spent most of our time in there.

All in all, I would say average for Wildwood. Not the worst place I ever stayed, but certainly not the best. Would I stay there again, maybe if there was no where else decent and cheap. If you are looking for affordable, try the Paradise next door, it looked better cared for and was much busier. Better pool and deck area as well. If you have a few more bucks, stay in Cape May - that town is beautifull and cool.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family