We can't find prices for this hotel
Ocean Holiday Motor Inn
Ranked #52 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I don't usually write these reviews but I want everyone to know that you have nothing to fear staying at this hotel. Very clean, friendly staff, great location, excellent pool and a great deal for your dollar!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank ushilde

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were only go to stay for two nights...so this was a welcome retreat for such a short time. My mother & I stayed in one of the rooms with a private balcony on the beach. We had read the other reviews regarding the step down into the room, etc. While I too was disappointed by the 7pm curfew on the pool, I noticed that many other hotels had the same on their signs. The desk stated insurance...but who knows? I still don't know why the whole state of NJ is full service at gas stations either, it's just "one of those things" to us outsiders. I was very happy about the pool not getting much sun, as I don't like to get sun. The 8-9 foot depth of the pool was great...as was the waterfall. It was clean enough, and certianly large enough for most. I LOVED the retro feel of the entire area. The names and colors of the properties along Ocean Ave were a delight. Especially as I usually go to Panama City, which is so very homogenized...and nothing but HUGE glass & steel "resorts" filled with young college kids drinking at beach clubs.

I hope to return next year for a full week or hopefully two!

Room Tip: I prefer the private balcony option if available...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol S
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Clean, Larger rooms than some other hotels in the area. Watch that 6 inch step down into every room. That could cause a problem for the elderly, if staying with you. Every room has an ocean view but faces northeast. You only get the sun in the morning. The pool is heated and very clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. will go back again

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank thetrainman
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Clean, friendly, good value, well appointed amenities.
Our family drove to Washington DC for a weeks vacation. Our intention was to spend some time in DC then head to a beach somewhere for the rest of our trip. The kids chose Wildwood, because they had fond memories from there when they were little. We drove into town on Tuesday morning looking for a place to stay. We wanted a kitchen because we were tired of eating out. The Ocean Holiday Resort did not disappoint. They also had gas grills by the pool so we cooked out. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank BeeEffGee
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I would not recommend this hotel. I stayed here several years ago with my family 3 times. This week I called there to see about availability of a room for Memorial Day Weekend and immediately the lady on the phone insinuated I was too young to rent a room at the hotel even though I am 29.

When I queried as to why they would not rent to a 29 year old she said that they will not rent to young adults even though their website makes no mention of this policy. I would highly recommend to avoid any establishment that immediately judges people based on age.

• Stayed: May 2011
5  Thank kbenn123
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly and accommodating. We saw staff constantly cleaning the outside areas at all hours, even scrubbing the sundecks down. Rooms are larger than most I've stayed in, in Wildwood Crest. There is a 6" drop down from the outside door entry area into the guestroom. Even though there is a sign warning you of this on the inner door, it was hard to remember that, and yes, we seemed startled everytime we entered the room b/c it caught us off guard and many of us almost fell. I thought this hotel would not be a good choice for older folks (like grandparents) as a fall could really ruin a vacation. Mattresses and boxsprings are fully encased in plastic....impressive b/c you are less likely to have "critters" in your bed. Sun Deck has a fabulous view of the ocean and it's steps away from the beach. The pool closes at 7pm (not sure why). Also the pool has northern exposure, which means no sun after about 1pm each day which caught us by surprise. The whole pool area was in the shade. If you like sun in or by the pool you would need to select a different hotel with southern exposure so you have sun all day long. Overall, we had a nice time, but would select a hotel facing south and one that did not have a step down into the room due to safety with the children we were traveling with.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Being in the hotel business for 30 years you have to be of a certain mindset to stay in Wildwood. Think late 50's early 60's cookie cutter "L" shaped motels. At first it was a real turn off but as I stood by the pool one night looking at the other 3 motels on the adjacent corners, it was kind cool, retro feeling. Like an antique car I guess, cool but not a lot of modern amenties. So if you come here don't look for inside cooridors, electronic locks,
fire alarms (it must have been somewhere), matching wall decor, more than one elevator or a restaurant.
The owners seem to be making a valent effort at bringing the place into the 21 century but I think it will a be few more years before it all gels. For all you non-hoteliers making a hotel profitable on a three month prime season is not an easy thing to do, hence the steep rates. And there is a bit of a cleanliness issue. My white socks turned brown on the bottom after walking around the room, the back of the bathroom door was dirty with handprints, there was mold in the shower calking. Maintenance was lacking in a loose toilet seat, missing wall decor and a loud PTAC (A/C) unit that may be a design issue.
The one area that always haunts older hotels is hot water, so be prepared to pull like hell to turn it on (some directions in the shower would help) and to jump back when you go from ice cold to scalding (or vise versa) in a moments notice. And finally some people had mentioned that the photos on the webside were not accurate. They were in my case, not saying that all the rooms have been renovated.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family