“I dont think I would stay here again......”

Adventurer Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I stayed at the Adventurer Inn in July with my husband and 3 kids.
The hotel looks OK from the outside, but when you get inside the problems begin.
First of all I dont like the fact that the only way to get to my room is from the inside. I like to enter from the outside also. It would be nice to walk into the living area and then get to the bedroom area. not private at all!!!! The elevator is the slowest in Wildwood Crest!!!! OMG UPGRADE ALREADY.......the pool area is too small....and not enough chairs.....and no tables or grills. The private balcony was too closed in....I like to see people walking by occasionally and be able to talk to people.....and the gate around the pool. FOR WHAT !!!!
What are you trying to hide!!...FELT very closed in.....also my sliding doors were very hard to open and close.....time to upgrade that also. the cleaning people were rude and come in too early and dont clean anything....Lastly the TV was tiny and so high up my neck was killing me by the end of the week!! ..I will definately not stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2009

Where do I start, it was a wonderful vacation. The Adventurer is the most updated hotel in all the Wildwoods, (I would know b/c I've stayed in many dumps because I've vacationed in the Wildwood since the 70's). For the past 10 years I have stayed at the Adventurer and it gets better every year. The rooms are always being updated. This year I noticed the bathrooms were re-tiled, new tubs, and toliets. Also many of the room stlyes have large bedding, like queen beds and king beds (which in Wildwood is hard to find). The rooms are very spacious and always clean and I am a narotic clean freak.
When it comes to a great deal, stay at the Adventurer in April-June or Sept-Oct. There are inexpensive packages including a full American breakfast in the first floor Oceanfront Resturant. The breakfast is delicious and the staff is very pleasant and happy to see you every morning.
The front desk staff is very helpful. Upon check-in I felt like part of the family. They were very nice and even made resturaunt reservations for me. Whenever I needed something they were always there 24 hours.
The ameneties here are outstanding:
-The fitness center has top of the line cardio machines - 24 hours -
-There is a tanning bed - 24 hours -
-The public laundry room is big - 24 hours -
-There is underground parking and 2 elevators, making it very convienent to load and unload the car.
-I also felt very safe since the whole hotel is under video survalience.
If you ever plan a vaction to Wildwood, Stay at the Adventurer Motor Inn.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TripleAEmployee
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Was a good overall hotel. Plenty of parking and located at the beginning of the boardwalk. Room was good size and clean but had a strong mold smell. Sliding door wasn't insulated well and made the wind sound like a hurricane! Also water leaked in the room from the slider. Our roof in the living room area dripped and leaked during the storm(from upstair room). Had a nice heated pool , restaurant and small arcade room. The staff and maids were very nice. The elevator situation is an issue as it is very slow and small. Request a room closest to the main floor, lol..Besides that we would stay there again as everything else was up to par.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2009

After staying in and seeing quite a few hotels in Wildwood Crest, I must say that this hotel is by far the absolute best. My parents, my friend and I had unknowingly booked a stay at another hotel in the crest that we were not satisfied with, so we left. My mother walked into the Adventurer and asked if they had any suite vacancies. The young woman at the desk was very sweet and gave my mother a key to a suite to check it out and see if she liked it. Of course, we wasted no time moving our belongings into the fabulous 3-room suite! My friend and I had our own room and bathroom, equipped with two queen beds and a flatscreen TV. My parents had their own bedroom with a flatscreen TV, a queen bed, and their own bathroom. The beds are very comfortable and were new. The kitchenette area was pretty up to date and very clean. There wasn't any dust, mold, or dirt. I walked around the suite barefoot the entire time and my feet did NOT turn black. The bathrooms looked like they were just redone within the past few years. There wasn't any mold on the tiles or grime on the bathtub. My family and I are clean freaks, and we do a thorough inspection of everything upon entering a hotel room. This hotel definitely passed our "clean test." Even the stairwells, hallways, and elevators were clean. My parents just so happened to walk into the elevator as one of the maids was mopping it!

Besides being incredibly clean, this hotel has many other pluses. The owners obviously take great pride in their hotel, as all employees wear uniforms (except for the people at the desk). Even the two men doing the hotel's laundry wore uniforms. This hotel is also very safe. There are security cameras everywhere. I saw a man cleaning the (heated) pool every morning. There is a small cardio room with ellipticals, treadmills, bikes and weights. When we got settled in our room, I had gone to the front desk to see if I could get a second door unlocked that led from mine and my friend's room to the kitchen/living area. The young woman at the desk told me she would send maintenance up, and sure enough, he was at my door in ten minutes. He was very professional and very polite. They also have underground parking that is locked at 11PM in case you are nervous about leaving your car outside at night (although we did this and did not have a problem). This underground parking is also very convenient for bringing your luggage up to the room, as there is an elevator right there. The location is perfect: Right on the beach, and at the beginning of the boardwalk! If you have little ones or are looking for a nice quiet vacation, not to worry -- the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk doesn't start until you go farther north. The area is quiet, and it's just a short walk to a playground and the Wildwood Convention Center. There is a small diner-like restaurant in the hotel that serves breakfast and lunch fare, as well as a game room and vending machine area.

I've read several reviews on here that point out the slow elevators and the un-airconditioned hallways. I never used the elevator, so I never had a problem. However, my parents used it and said it was slow (although they weren't complaining because we were not in a rush to be anywhere). This might prove to be a problem if you have small children or if you have a reservation at a restaurant and are strapped for time, so plan accordingly. The weather was cool when we were there, so we didn't have a problem with the hallways being hot, but you're really not in the hallway for all that long, and the air conditioners in the rooms work great.

I can't praise this hotel enough. It's clean, safe, fun, and well-maintained. I HIGHLY reccommend the Adventurer!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BeatleGina
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Just came back from the Adventurer hotel. We were at the Waters Edge and left because of the old facilities and extremely rude management. Shame on them!

My family and I will only stay at the Adventurer from now on. The staff was extremely polite, helpful and professional. You knew every employee because they wear uniforms. There are also security cameras on site, which I felt good about.

The room was immaculate with up-to-date furniture. My family and I felt very comfortable in this hotel because of the cleanliness and security. The beds were very comfortable (every one in my family got a good nights sleep). The room was quiet (no noise in the hallways). Hallways are clearly marked to get to destinations in the hotel. The pool is heated so even if it is cool outside, you can still take a dip in the pool. The pool had young children in it and everyone was having a good time. There is a game room and exercise room. The restaurant downstairs in the hotel was a plus for breakfast and lunch plus the food is good.

I have stayed at the following hotels in the past:: El Coronado, The Acacia, The Adventurer and dare I say??? The Waters Edge.

Next time my family and take a trip to Wildwood, I will not waste my time looking for a clean and pleasant hotel. I already found it..

When you find a good place, stick with it. Also, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank july
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Last year me and my family stayed at the Adventurer Oceanfront Inn for the first time, and we loved it. We used to stay at the Aqua Beach "Resort" acress the street but we were displeased with the level of service there and decided to try this place. The location is fantastic, right at the edge of the boardwalk and the tip of the beach, cant get any closer to the action than this place. The room was clean, the staff was polite and view was amazing. it was an all around excellent experience, we figured there would be some noise we would have to put up with due to the fact that its so close to the boardwalk, but it was very peaceful, the loudest noise was the ocean. In all we were very pleased with our stay, so much so that we will be returning this year and bringing a few more people along with us.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We had a Great stay at the Adventurer!Everything was perfect,the weather,the staff, the location A+,a tad far to walk to the water with all our gear but worth it once we got down there. And being right at the begining of the Boardwalk,we didnt miss anything. 4 days stay wasnt enough.Would be returning there again this year but the family wants to try Maryland :(

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family