We stayed at The Gondolier for 2 nights and had the worse experience we've had in over 12 years of travel. We have several complaints but the largest one is that the hotel was full of children from a soccer team(s) who ran up and down the balconies, banging on doors, including ours. They were yelling and screaming, throwing things... it was unbelievable. After I called the office to ask if they could quite them down a little, (7pm) I was basically told that it wasn't a problem. A few hours later, the kids brought out an amplifier system, so now we get the yelling and noise making amplified! Called the office again, no result. Noise continued until past 11pm.
If they had told us they were booking the hotel to soccer teams and would let them have the run of the place we would have stayed elsewhere. I'm all for kids having fun and making memories, but they took over the hotel. Even in our room, we could barely hear ourselves talk. When we decided to watch TV we had to turn the volume up to an extreme. It really made what could have been an enjoyable get-a-way, a mess. There are plenty of places to stay. We were very disappointed in them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the beach and just 3 short blocks to the Boardwalk. Bike rentals, a park, basketball courts and restaurants are only steps away. The Gondolier features one, two and three room suites and kitchens. Perfect for a family vacation. Spring and fall packages are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Gondolier Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gondolier Motel Wildwood Crest
- Gondolier Hotel Wildwood Crest