“Average Shore Hotel”
Review of Gondolier Motel

Gondolier Motel
Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this motel for two days in September 2013. I believe we had room 309, which was an oceanfront room, two bedrooms with kitchenette, Type H. Location was good. Basic rooms. The rooms were clean, although the dishes in the cabinet were dirty. Beds were extremely hard. The balcony was shared with another room. I'm undecided as to whether I would stay here again or not. The hard beds were definitely a deal breaker and caused us to leave earlier than planned. The owners/staff were nice, and we had no major problems during our stay. Since we stayed at the end of the season, the hotel was not crowded. I don't know what the motel would be like during the summer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BordentownGirl

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Family owned with pride. Clean facilities great family atmosphere. Been staying here for several years. Keep coming back every year. Perfect locale accommodates our group of 20 every year. Very family friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had only 3 days to take a brief vacation. We chose the Gondolier really because they had room for us. We were lucky in that. This is a VERY family oriented Motel, with a large repeat business. Everyone from staff to clients were wonderful. An entertainment day with Buffet was an unexpected surprise, but a very pleasent one. The rooms were spotless, the pool and deck just lovely. As someone going to Wildwood for 60 years, I reccommend this Motel highly.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that are suites, and some that overlook the Ocean and Beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Me and my bestfriend stayed here last year for the first time last year and we loved it. The staff is extremly friendly and accomadating. The rooms are very clean and spacious. We are staying here again this year for Bike Week September 5-8 2013 and for Irish Weekend September 19-22 2013 that's how much i love this place this is my go to place always i will always recommend this place to anyone that needs a place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just got back from a stay at the Gondolier Motel in Wildwood Crest, NJ. Our family had 2 rooms - a regular motel room and a 2 room suite. Both rooms were great, very clean, which is what's most important to me. The 2 room suite had a great ocean view (3rd floor), the regular room had a land view (also 3rd floor). We booked the rooms less than a week in advance, and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and accomodating. The location of the motel is perfect, right on the beach and 2 blocks from the boardwalk. The pool was nice and warm and even had a diving board! Haven't seen one of those in years. Coffee and cookies was offered every morning. The lobby had a great selection of souvenirs, beach items, toiletries, etc, all very reasonably priced. There was a BBQ on the sun deck and lots of lounge chairs by the pool. This really was a great stay and we will definitely be back and would highly recommend the Gondolier.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mmme
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I don't usually do motels because they're usually 2 stars or less, but this was a business trip to Wildwood Convention Center and the company put me up. The Jersey Shore isn't known for great motels, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Gondolier. It looks like they've done some renovation. The room was clean, but simple motel decor. The living room was nicely appointed with a table for 6 (laminate w/ upolstered chairs) and a faux leather sleep sofa (it didn't have spots and it didn't sink to the floor when you sat down.) The television are old but work. The room sleeps 6, but with 1 small bathroom, I would hardly recommend it. I was alone and it was fine for the 2 nights. Some rooms have ocean view (I had a side ocean view from the walkway terrace, but there are chairs to sit out and relax. Kitchen was adequate and clean. New microwave. Air conditioner did not have the usual moldy smell (a plus!) Bed was liveable (no pillowtop here.) Relieved to see washable coverlets instead of those awful bedspreads! Carpets were in good shape (no stains.) Convenient to the convention center (6-8 blocks away,) I would recommend for a short stay, off season. I'd give it 2 1/2 stars.

Room Tip: You might want to pay extra for ocean front which is a little more private view. I didn't like...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Hillary J
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Been coming here for many years, several times over the summer. It's a perfect spot for us: In wildwood crest (peaceful & quite), on the ocean, 2 blocks from the boardwalk, block from bike rental, mini market, & diner. Very nice staff, very clean, heated pool with diving board and kiddy pool, complimentary coffee daily and complimentary Sunday beer & buffet. I like the motel style because I can open my door and walk outside without having to wait for an elevator in a high story building. This motel does have an elevator though so you can easily move your luggage from one floor to another.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family