“Had a great time with an ocean/beach view!”

Beau Rivage Beach Resort
Ranked #49 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New York
“Had a great time with an ocean/beach view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

my husband, child, friend and her 2 children all stayed at the Beau Rivage in an oceanfront room for 2 nights. First of all the room was very clean with a small kitchen and coffeepot etc for morning breakfast. The private balcony and view was really worth the few extra bucks, so lovely to sit out there at night! We did use the pool which was clean and fairly warm and not overcrowded. Excellently close to the beach... just steps away, and a surprisingly cute coffee shop on the premises which we ate at twice ( oddly professional service too!) My only negatives were to be expected I guess... the darned sofa bed was very uncomfortable and did not provide a good nights sleep. I didn't think the price was cheap either ($230 nt.) nor was it expensive... but lets just say I wouldn't call it a great value.. it was fine. The other thing ( they are upfront about this) location is far from the boardwalk for rides etc. We drove one night and paid $10 for parking and the other night we took the trolley which was way too slow and not good for tired kids. Just know if you stay here you will be best to drive to the rides area on the boardwalk and pay for parking. That being said... it is great if you want lots of beach/pool/family/fun time! Joanne at the front desk was a true professional and thanks to her we give service a 5 star!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Short Hills, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

I took a few rooms and invited the kids and grand babies. What a success as everyone enjoyed the pool and location to the beach and ocean. The rooms were kept clean and the staff was terrific.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

The staff were all very nice. The Inn is run and managed by a family. The father is the owner. They gave us a room at the last minute. It was beach front with a private balcony. The room was is bad condition. There was mold on the cieling in the kitchen, the kitchen cabinets were coming off the wall, the carpeting was soo old, smashed down and un-even, the room swelled like mildew and had a damp feeling the entire stay. The Inn boasts that they have over 100 channels to watch on the TV's. The TV in the bedroom only had about 10 channels that worked, and the TV in the front room only had about 15 that worked. The furniture and appliances all all very outdated and uncomfortable. I would not stay here again.

1 Thank martmccree
Gracious_Amie, Front Office Manager at Beau Rivage Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
I'm sorry this guest feels that the accommedations were not worth the money. The Beau Rivage has some of the largest rooms on the island with some of the best views. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and I can assure future guests that we do not have mold in the rooms. Yes the kitchens get some wear and tear over the summer but when we were notified of the cabinet door being loose, it was taken care of that evening. No we do not state anywhere that we have "100 channels", but we do have comcast and due to the new converter boxes, only the living room tv's received all channels. As for the damp feeling in the room, the hotel is on the beach.... there's not much you can do about it. Lastly the carpet in this specific room was brand new last year and the rest of the rooms appliances and furniture are updated periodically.
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

The rooms were clean but very old and dingy. The blankets were old and had lint balls.
No cable in the bedroom. The bathtub was backed up and on the last morning had to
manually empty the bathtub in order to take a shower and when let mangement know
what happened they really did not care. I have gone to Wildwood for the last 4 years
and unfortunately my regular motel was totally booked. The plastic couch was very
uncomfortable, Pool was very small only 5' and game room is a joke very expensive for what you get overall a total disappointment.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank CynthiaMolina
Blakely, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

we have stayed at the beau rivage the last two years and have also had a great time with a very friendly staff, but this year our vacation was extremely relaxing until the last day when our car broke down and had to be towed an hour away. we were checking out that day and the desk clerk allowed us to keep our suitcases on the trolley and remain at the hotel until our car was fixed. i also explained to her that i had ms and that the heat may get to me for which she said bring all of your luggage to the front desk, i will watch it if i needed to go in the poot. unfortunately, the car would not be fixed for another day. we needed to stay again and they gave us another room and made an extremely stressful situation a lot less stressful for me, my husband, and four teenagers!!!! also the owner of the oasis beach grill and his staff is one of the nicest guys with GREAT food. cannot wait to go again next year!!!!!! :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Newyork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

When I pulled up to the Beau Rivage I was suprised. It didnt look as nice as the other hotels around it. Well, Its not close to really anything. The staff there were very helpful and i have no major complaints. But the pool closed very early. And the pool was much smaller than you would imagine. All the balconies are connected so you get no privacy. The game room was in a tiny romm right next to the parking lot and had almost no games, it was very very inconvienant. The reastuarnt was nice although since it was facing the beach you had to walk pretty far to get food. The food was OK, it wasnt great but it wasnt terrible. There was a hotel right next to it on the left it was almost touching the beauriivage. The beach was very nice but did get crouded so dont let the location that is so far down wildwood crest fool you. It did have a volleyball net on the beach which was great. An icecream truck came around that part every so often too. The room i had was grat and it fit my family perfect (family of 5). But it was not worth how much you where spending for the rooms. Over all it was okay. And the couch was kinda plastic feeling.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

I had stayed at the neighboring Acacia Motor Inn many times before, but sadly they had closed for the season when I was looking to visit. My stay at the Beau Rivage started out just fine, not the most friendly management staff, but I figured it was the end of the season, so... At checkout, they charged my credit card for the weekend stay, the proper amount. When I returned home, I found that about an hour after I left, they had charged my credit card for "Dog Cleanup" for an extra $50. I tried calling them 4 or 5 times in the next week, to never get an answer at the phone number. Filed a complaint to the BBB, who they "promptly" responded to, stating that I had brought a dog along with me to the motel, and that someone saw me leaving the room with one in tow and that there were sandy pawprints all over the carpet, dog hair in the bathtub, etc. That would be fine and all, except for the fact that I did -not- bring a dog with me on my vacation... Still trying to fight the fraudulent charge, they are still not answering the phone. So no, I cannot recommend this to anyone else.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HarvestCoyote
Gracious_Amie, Front Office Manager at Beau Rivage Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Their was dog shampoo left in the bathroom, their was sandy dog prints all over the room along with dog hair. The room was found like that an hour after the customer left. Managment did speak to the customer and they never denied having a dog with them. We choose to have a "No Animals Allowed" policy because some are allergic. I'm sorry that this customer feels they were "fraudulently charged" but the room needed to be properly cleaned and the rugs shampoo'd after they checked out.