“A Pleasant, Clean Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Beau Rivage Beach Resort
Ranked #49 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“A Pleasant, Clean Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2008

We booked a motel room (2 double beds) for the Classic Car Weekend at the Beau Rivage. The place was very clean, and the room seemed to have been renovated recently. Was happy to see a blowdrier in the bathroom! The management was very friendly and even waved hello as they passed by. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Maid service was prompt. We were very happy with our stay and was even able to check in early.

The only drawbacks were 1. no coffee provided with the in-room coffee pot 2. Coffee shop closed early on Sat evening (I really needed coffee and did not want to drive to WAWA). Other than that - the view from our balcony was ocean view and really nice to wake up to. I would come back here - a pleasant stay.

• Liked — Location - pretty far up the Crest
  • Disliked — No in-room coffee
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna711

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

We stayed there in 2007 with no problems. The room was $83 a night, and our stay ran into the weekend of The Irish Festival, which is in NORTH Wildwood, not Wildwood Crest. This year I called and booked the exact same room for the same week for the same price, $83 a night. I had a confirmation for the room and total cost. When I got the confirmation in the mail they had CHANGED the agrred upon price by over $50 a night for 3 nights, saying it was because the festival was going on, in NORTH Wildwood. They offered, several times, to refund my money, obviously they had people who they TOLD would pay more waiting. After waitng almost 3 weeks I got my money back. then I got a reservation for $4 more a night right next door. It still remains, they have no respect for their guest and no ethics when dealing with their guest. I had a confirmed reservation for the origianl price.

• Stayed September 2007
2 Thank teller701
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

Where do I begin? When I arrived at the front deask, I was asked to pay for the room upfront without seeing it. this should have tipped me off. I get to my room and the wonderful smell of musty mold hits me and my family as we walk in. the AC was cranking at 60 degrees, yet it was still wet and cool in the room. OK, its on the beach so maybe thats just the way it is. I opened the curtains to at least get a nice look at the ocean as the room was called a 3 room ocean view suite. If i pressed my face against the window and looked east, I could catch a glimpse of the ocean. I then proceeded to the bedroom and prepared the bed by pulling down the Top Blanket which I hope no one ever lies on. Doing this, I unveiled the ripped blanket which was conveiniently tucked in to hide the tear. Being i needed the vacation, i always try to stay optimistic, so we unpacked without complaining. I went to get ice, and the machine required a quarter to get ice. I payed $379 per night for this "room" and I have to pay for ice? When I called to make the reservation, i asked if they had a crib for my 1 year old, they said we can ask for one when we get there. I did, and it costs $40 to rent for the weekend. I do have to say that the cleaning people cleaned our room nicely, and the ALCOHOL FREE restaurant employees were very nice.

• Liked — wait staff in the restaurant
  • Disliked — over charge for average room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank kennytums
Gracious_Amie, Front Office Manager at Beau Rivage Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2010
Yes, staying in an oceanfront hotel does mean you get a lot of humidity. We do offer dehumidifiers at guests request. The Beau Rivage prides itself on cleanliness as the customer mentioned the room was clean. Unfortunately, our three room efficiency suites are only located on the southern side of the building and not the ocean front. We do have seating outside of every room that faces south east to give you a better view of the beach/ocean. We try to accomedate every guest to the best of our abilities but unfortunately we don't have any suites with two private bedrooms on the oceanfront. Also, we can't fix problems if we are not notified of them. Any problem/situation are dealt with in a timely manner. Cribs are available at guest request for an additional charge as stated in our brochure.
Franklinville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

This hotel is a must stay at if you are visiting the Wildwoods... The place is immaculate and the staff are very friendly and care about their customers. I mean genuinley care!

I found this hotel by pure dumb luck and you can guarantee I will be back! I was booked next door (at ACACIA) and they cancelled my reservation without notice and cared less---

This hotel and their staff are a rare gem in this industry --- I recommend highly to stay at this location!

• Liked — The gorgeous clean accomodations were second to their superb customer service!
  • Disliked — NOT A THING!
1 Thank parrotheadmom44
Philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2008

The Beau Rivage itself is a great place to stay, but the management is not the friendliest person you would ever want to deal with. We have a family reunion every year in the Crest with the last four years staying at the Beau Rivage. We book around 10 rooms every year for a week. There was in issue with one of the bookings that could have been solved with no problem at all at the time of check in. Instead managment opted not to clear it up. We are a very easy going group, but will not put up with that kind of unprofessionalism and rudeness. They lost 10 rooms because of this issue. Oh by the way, somebody defacated in the pool the first night we were there. We brought it to management's attention. It was cleaned out the next morning and we were told that it was leaves. What I saw was not leaves and especially since there are no trees around there.

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

Since it's been a while since a review of the Beau Rivage was posted on TripAdvisor, here's the latest (from our perspective):

We stayed at the BR June 22-24, 2008 with our 15-month old son. We booked an oceanfront room in March. (Tip: book early!) Now for the details:

- We were pleasantly greeted by Joanne at the front desk. Nice reception area. We arrived well ahead of check-in but were able to check in early. (Late check-out wasn't possible...) Check-in was quick. We were given 2 room keys and a parking tag (parking on site).

- An elevator took us to our room (#415) on the 4th floor. Wow! Private balcony w/2 chairs & a small table overlooking the surf & sand! Beautiful! The room was clean and well-maintained. The kitchen sink came equipped w/dish liquid, & dish cloths. The refrigerator, microwave & 2-burner cooktop worked fine, as did the air conditioning (which was a bit loud). Housekeeping services were good. (we left a tip & wanted to see if the housekeeper washed the one cup & spoon we left in the sink...uhh..nope...)

- The beds were fairly comfy, despite the plastic mattress covers under the sheets. There's a programmable safe in the bedroom, which we used.

- The on-site restaurant is nice, although a tad pricey (there's a WaWa and other convenience stores nearby.)

- The pool area is small but clean with a cute little waterfall. There's a pool-side grill that guests are able to use.

Verdict? We enjoyed our stay at BR and will stay again.

Side notes:

(1) The beach is BIG and there's a long stretch of "boardwalk" for your convenience.
(2) For good pulled-pork tacos, try Bandana's down the street (Atlantic & Buttercup).
(3) For all-you-can-eat crabs, try Urie's on Rio Grande Ave. at the foot of the Wildwood bridge.
(3) If you're traveling with small children (under 36" tall), ride tickets at Morey's Pier can be purchased individually for $.85 each. (Our son loved the carousel & the airplane ride!).

If you go to Wildwood, Enjoy!

• Liked — The view from the balcony!
  • Disliked — Annoying plastic mattress covers
1 Thank DivaMama2
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2007

We've been staying at this hotel every summer for over 10 years. As a family, we book a minimum of 10 rooms. The prices keep going up, but the quality and hospitality has gone down the toilet in the last 5 years. This year was the worst. Sticky black carpets, bed bugs, stolen items, & the maid service caught watching TV while lounging on our bed! Disgusting! We tried to stay loyal, but this was our last year.
(Not to mention 20 of 28 people came home with a stomach virus &/or ear infection from what the doctors said was a dirty pool.)

BEWARE!

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The Doctor's Bills from dirty rooms!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank notkathrine
The Beau Rivage prides itself on cleanliness. We do upgrade our suites yearly (carpeting, furniture, appliances, etc.) I can assure future guests that we do not have bed bugs nor have we ever. Maidservice is always checked by a head housekeeper. If there is a problem with a staff member it is always addressed properly. Our pool is properly maintained and cleaned. The Health Department does perform frequent checks (chemical analysis, etc) on all hotel pools and if not up to code, they are shut down.