“Can't wait to go back!!!”

Beau Rivage Beach Resort
Ranked #46 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Best hotel I stayed at in Wildwood!!! Very clean and spacious rooms. Everything you need is right there for you. Kids love staying there!! Staff is very kind and courteous. Can't ask for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been vacatioing at the Beau Rivage for 20+ years sometimes as many as. 3 times a year. the rooms are very spacious and also kept very clean. The staff , including the ( hands on owner, Randy) go out of there way to make your stay , as pleasant, as friends would be, if you were visiting their home...the beach is steps away from the motel...but, we truely love getting up, early in the morning and sitting on the large deck, taking in that gorgeous ocean view, relaxing and enjoying that first cup of coffee, give yourself a treat, for a laid back little motor inn, visit the Beau Rivage

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank grammiemalo
Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you're looking for a clean, friendly, on the beach place to stay, look no more. The pleasant English speaking staff are very accommodating if you need anything. Our room was ready when we arrived at 1:30 in the afternoon which was a pleasant surprise. Later the next day on our way to the beach we saw their maintenance man and told him that the light bulb was hanging down in the middle of the refrigerator and the guard rails were missing from the door so we could not utilize the door space. By the time we came back from the beach the light bulb was stabilized up inside and the door had guard rails! Very quick service. He was also able to replace our night light after my first two blew out upon insertion into the bedroom wall socket. Their double size beds are a bit small and my feet hung off the bottom of the bed as did my husband's but thankfully there are two beds in the room so we each had a whole bed to ourselves and sleeping diagonally solved that problem. My husband is 5'11"-6', I am 5'6". The open armoir/closet/tv stand in the main bedroom was adequate for hanging our clothes and my daughter, son in law and 21 mo. old grandson didn't seem to mind living out of their suitcases for the week since there was only drawer space in the adjoining unit. Thankfully, my son in law doesn't mind ironing and the ironong board and iron were easily accessible in our bedroom. Another feature not found in all motels is the safe provided for your valuables in the room. You set your own code to lock/unlock it so no one else has access to it. The kitchen is stocked with your basics: coffee pot & filters, some eating utensils, cutting board, colonder, frying pan, large & small pots w/covers, toaster, mugs, glasses, & dishes. Two of the three TV's in our double unit were replaced with flat screens. Our bdrm still had the old TV but since we only watched TV in the living room, it didn't matter.
The motel itself is very outdated, especially in view of all the recently built condos going up, and could use some serious renovating. The carpets need replacing and the sofa/sleeper is very uncomfortable for those rainy days when you're stuck staying in and watching TV. Of course there's always the 6 ft. wide balcony to sit on outside your room which my grandson loved! We didn't have neighbors on either side so running back & forth wasn't an issue for anyone.
If you choose to cook a meal or two during your stay a fairly new grill with protective stone wall wind shield is available on the second level terrace where three tables are provided with a protective cover as well as other tables & chairs out in the open. The uniquely shaped pool is clean & refreshing and the size was not intimidating to my grandson, in fact he preferred IT rather than the small round kiddie pool.
A laundry room is available on the third level which has two top loading washers and two dryers. If you only have a few loads to do, $3.50 is all it will cost per load to wash & dry. Unfortunately for me, there was a lady using one machine and waiting for the other (which my daughter was using) to finish so when my daughter & I removed her load from the washer & I was about to put my load in the lady using the first machine became very annoyed with me and told me she was waiting to use the machine. I explained to her that we weren't done yet, we were together and did she really think she had the right to monopolize both machines? Her answer was yes. Since I didn't want to argue with someone older than myself, I decided to do my load later.
There is a $10 fee for your old fashioned room key. Also, local calls made from the room phone are not free. There is a $.50 charge per call which is deducted from your $10 when you return your key at the end of your stay. My only thought about this is....at the price we paid for this unit, one would think local calls from the room would be free! NOT!!
In comparison to our friend's room at another beach front resort next door, during the same week, same size, two bdrm, two bath efficiency, ocean view, my husband was mortified to learn we paid $900 more and that doesn't include phone calls! All the amenities were the same except for the safe in our bdrm.
In conclusion, if you want to be on the beachfront and money isn't a factor, you will probably be satisfied here. However, it is not, in my opinion, the best value for your money. We stayed here because no other 2 bdrm, 2 bath suites were available during the time we wanted to stay. Large suites are few and hard to find, early reservations of this kind are a MUST! Chances are we won't be staying here again unless MAJOR upgrades are done to justify the price.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bcrocker5
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Born, raised & still living in South Jersey, I've been vacationing nearly every year in Wildwood (mostly the Crest) ever since I was a little "Jersey Girl". I've stayed in a number of home rentals & hotels/motels and most are old and subpar. This was my first stay at Beau Rivage and I was pleasantly surprised. I had an oceanview efficiency on the 4th (top) floor and the view was as good as being oceanfront. The room was very clean and well-kept. Beds were very comfortable. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. No problem parking in their lot. The Flip-Flop Beach Grill had very good food; I just wished they stayed open later, like 4:00. Enjoyed the pool which was also very clean. Only real negative was they advertise having a Gameroom, but the room is totally empty - no games! Two minor things they could improve on: Install a shelf or med. cabinet in bathroom (not enough room for personal toiletries) and kitchen needs more kitchenware. Only a few pieces of silverware, no knives or cooking utensils other than a spatula, no can opener. There were only a few plastic drinking glasses and a few plates & cups, no serving bowls. Overall though I was very pleased & will return.

Room Tip: Higher floors for great ocean views & breezes (they have an elevator).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nipperphil01
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently enjoyed my stay at the Beau Rivage Beachfront Motor Inn. A dear friend of mine invited me to join her and her (elderly) parents as part of the hotel’s “excursion package”. Her parents have been coming to this location annually for 26 years (often 2x per year), which tells you a lot.

*** FYI, this review describes the Beau Rivage in general, as well as their "Excursion" package which is offered in June and September each year ***

The hotel is not fancy, but it is clean, spacious, and right on the beach. Only a handful of rooms have full ocean views, the others have partial ocean views from the shared balcony area. We stayed in a “2 room efficiency suite” which offered a great layout with plenty of room and ample dresser and closet storage. This unit (room 208) includes a living / dining room (the dining table seated 6), full size sleeper sofa, nice flat-screen TV, small kitchenette with 2 burners, full size refrigerator, small microwave, and other kitchen basics; small bathroom with tub/shower combo; and a good sized bedroom with 2 double beds, lots of closet space, mini safe, a smaller older TV, and a clock radio. There was also an ironing board/iron and hair dryer provided.

The beds were comfortable, and the overall space worked out great for our needs. The best points about the hotel are the excellent location (you can directly access the beach from the property), their friendly and efficient staff/management, and the overall value. Only minor complaints were that the bath linens were on the skimpy/cheap side (however, they did give us enough towels, so it wasn’t a problem), and the place can be noisy (we heard the crashing of nearby dumpsters being emptied early on the first morning of our stay).

Wildwood Crest features a nice wide beach with soft sand, and you can venture pretty far into the water before it gets deep. Lifeguards are on duty during the summer season. It was about a one minute walk from our room to the beach.

The “excursion” package is definitely geared for senior citizens (and the people who love them). The package includes most meals and a few activities. From what I hear it is basically the same itinerary from year to year.

Breakfast is provided daily in the hotel’s indoor/outdoor Flip Flop Café (overlooking the beach) and that was quite good. This is a casual sit-down restaurant with friendly waitress service; guests can choose from a limited menu, and the food is made fresh and is quite tasty. Remember to tip the waitresses (while the meal is part of the package, gratuities are not).

There was a Pizza Party for lunch one day (served overlooking the pool), and that was fine (just don’t delay – they don’t leave the food/drinks out for much more than 30 minutes).

Dinners are off-site at local restaurants, and you’ll ride there by school bus (very bumpy and no A/C, but it did the job and I guess it helps to keep the price down). The off-site restaurants/meals were just OK. Guests are seated as a group (with everyone else on the excursion package), and given whatever meal has been selected for the day (our 1st dinner was chicken, 2nd dinner was prime rib, 3rd dinner was choice of ham or fish).

If you go on the Atlantic City Casino trip, you’ll ride an actual “motor coach” (which makes numerous other stops in addition to the Beau Rivage). You might want to bring along a jacket as they really blast the A/C on the bus! Travel time was at least 1.5 hours each way when all was said and done. We were taken to the Resorts Casino, and given a $25 slots voucher and $10 towards the Buffet Lunch (which will then cost you an additional $10.65 to purchase, but it’s quite good.) The itinerary allowed for about 5 hours at the casino, which seemed plenty to me.

The other “entertainment” was pretty hokey, in my opinion. At Schellenger’s (chicken dinner place) they had a singer who strummed a guitar and sang along to karaoke style background music. He actually had a very good voice and clearly loved to sing, it just wasn’t my style of music. At the prime rib dinner (I think the place was called “Lighthouse Point” or something like that) they had an Elvis impersonator. Oh my!! Clearly some of the clientele loved this, but I truly did not… The singer wasn’t bad, but it just seemed SO cheesy… Oh well, to each his or her own!

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by the Beau Rivage, and I would recommend it to people who are looking for nice clean accommodations that are right on the beach. I don’t think the “excursion” package is for everyone, but it is definitely an excellent value and we all enjoyed it in our own ways. From what I heard from the many repeat guests, the Beau Rivage owner/manager (Randy) does a good job of continually maintaining and improving the property. Our units were recently renovated, and plans are in place to renovate the entire property in the next 1-2 years.

Other notes: Free parking is included with your stay (pick up a parking pass when you check in), they have free WiFi, and the built-in pool looks very nice! There are also several grills overlooking the pool area that guests can use, along with a number of picnic tables that offer shade.

FYI, there were no traces of Hurricane Sandy damage to this property or its beach. Randy told us they only had minor roof damage from the storm, which they were able to repair quickly to prevent further issues. There’s no reason to let any Hurricane Sandy concerns keep you away from vacationing here.

In my book, this place was a really good find!

Room Tip: The hotel is in the midst of off-season renovations, so you may want to ask for one of the rooms tha...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Luv2Travel_19438
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We come to this hotel every year! And have been fortunate enough to have had the best weather and time. We will continue to come because of the value and location is great! Never disappointed! Thank you!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank MacGina
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

it is a great time every time we come here. we will continue to come here every year :) I love the view and we always are so lucky to have the best weather. I hope it continues to be this nice whenever welcome down here and I'm so happy that sandy spared this great town

• Stayed: June 2013