“The Admiral is just fine”

Admiral Resort Motel
Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New Jersey
“The Admiral is just fine”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We had a bigger unit right outside the pool. We loved the size of the unit and the 2 bedrooms. We were able to put our two kids down for a nap in the inside bedroom where it was always quiet, no matter what time. This was our fourth stay here in 8 years, and yes sometimes there is a more "rowdy" crowd here, but we've never had issues with noise in the late evening time, nor did we have ever have issues with the pool. Also, the staff was so great this time around, that I actually ran out of batteries in the monitor we brought for our kids while they were sleeping and one of the staff members actually brought us up brand new AA batteries for it in under 2 minutes, no charge. That was above and beyond our expectations. We will be looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dashadow88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
JerseyShore
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We go to Wildwood with our children every year and usually settle for a not so clean hotel just because that is what we have come to expect. We love Wildwood but most of the hotels could use alot of updating. This year, however, we stayed at the Admiral and it was the cleanest hotel I have ever been in while staying in Wildwood. The staff was courteous and strictly enforced the quiet period of 11 PM to 7 AM (which was great for us). We stayed right outside the pool in a 2 bedroom efficiency and had no problem with noise at night. We were just a short (just cross the street) walk from the beach and bike rentals. I would definitely stay at the admiral again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Montreal, QC
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed here for two nights in June 2010. We travelled to Wildwood with no reservations and looked onsite for a nice room at a good rate. We ended up staying at the Admiral Inn in Wildwood Crest. Overall we enjoyed our stay at the admiral. Here are a few comments regarding the hotel. The hotel is very close to the beach, all you need to do is walk across the street and you have a beach ramp The pool at the Admiral was pleasant. Our room was located on the second floor (pool level), all the way at the end of the corridor to the left, I believe it was room 219 facing Atlantic avenue. The room is dated however it's to be expected in the area. The room had a tiny green washroom and squeaky double beds. The room had a decent amount of space and included a mini fridge and microwave. Tv reception was so/so and the blinds had seen better days. Even with these issues we did manage to sleep well. The balcony is tiny, you will have to move if your neighbors need to pass by. The Wifi internet is a joke, very weak signal and I never got it to work from the room or the deck/play area. The restaurant on site was very good for breakfast. The hotel is located at 1.3Mi from the convention center and the start of the boardwalk, it's a long walk but we did it twice and survived. 1 Free parking space is included with the hotel room. The hotel has both an interior and an exterior parking lot. I didn’t have to deal with the staff too much but the front desk lady seemed nice on check in and the man at checkout made things quick and easy. I did not use the cleaning service therefore we cannot comment on the cleaning ladies. If we take the price into consideration we were satisfied with out stay at the Admiral and would go back if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FieroAlex
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I have never stayed there until my trip in July 2010. My wife stayed here in the past and it was fine. This time however, was much different.
1. The morning after check in MY WEDDING RING WAS STOLEN FROM OUR ROOM. Someone decided to go through our stuff and steal the ring that her Grandfather brought from Italy. I’m not talking about something bought a few years ago which would still be pretty significant, I’m speaking about a matched set that came from Italy in the 1920’s (almost 100 years ago). MARGARET the manager did nothing about it, and a month later is still avoiding my wife’s calls. The man that worked the front desk (I believe his name was Dave or something like that) when she wasn’t in the office couldn’t seem to care less about anything that would pull him away from staring at the walls
2. Let’s move on to something as simple as internet. If you aren’t right next to a window or out on the play area where the pool is good luck getting any signal. I had to bring some work with me on Leave and needless to say nothing was completed while we were there.
3. The telephone didn’t work the entire time we were there and it wasn’t until the day we checked out that they sent someone up to fix it,
4. we also called about the television because every night around 2100hrs we would lose all but two channels. I don’t know about anyone else but as we brought children with us we weren’t out running the boardwalk all hours of the night and it was pretty boring watching TBS all night long.
5. The staff was rude and barely spoke english,
6. Management is disrespectful.
I wouldn’t stay there again if the “Head corporation” that Margaret kept talking about paid me to…..
I’ve always heard that you get what you pay for but this place was just not worth the price and probably the most miserable experience of my marriage and life.

3 Thank rdrjunkie1
Shoreowner, Manager at Admiral Resort Motel, responded to this review, September 18, 2010
This family checked into our motel and on the second day of their stay the Office was notified that a ring was missing from their room. The guest was offered assistance and the manager spent over an hour helping to look for the ring. The guest declined an offer to call the local police for further assistance.

In the past, guests have reported items missing, and in each instance the item was located by the guest prior to checkout. The motel staff makes every effort to assist a guest when an item is misplaced. The Office has a safe available for guests who want to safeguard any valuables.

The guest did come into the motel office numerous times to complain about the problem, and his complaints were taken seriously each time. Other than offering additional assistance in trying to locate the ring, there was little the staff could do at that point. The guest requested some form of consideration for his family’s situation and eagerly accepted an offer of a late afternoon checkout for the group.

Once it became clear that the ring could not be located, the motel’s insurance company was contacted for advice on how to proceed. The guest was advised to provide paperwork indicating the ring’s description and value but, to date, this information had not been received. Without this documentation, the motel cannot file a claim on the guest’s behalf.

The motel provides a free wireless internet hotspot that is available on the motel deck. Had the guest contacted a staff member, he would have been advised where to get the best connection, or been referred to a local for-a fee internet provider. Our cable system is new and there have been no reports of any issues with disappearing channels. Again, had the guest contacted the Office, any issue would have been corrected.

Both the staff and management of the motel are as gracious as possible when interacting with guests. This family’s experience at the motel, along with his interpretation of the response of motel staff to his predicament, is understandably colored by the stress they were under.

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

El Paso
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I have stayed at The Admiral Motel before with my daughter and my mother and we had a great time. This Past July I booked another week long stay for my husband, kids, mother and myself and was very upset with the results. THE SECOND DAY we were there my husbands wedding ring was stolen from our room. It was not out in the open, someone had been going through all of our things. I went down to take my complaint to management and find out what they could do for us. We were blown off completely! Nothing was done and I do not believe they intend on doing anything. The date is July 29, 2010. It has been weeks since we left. I brought my family from texas (military) to stay there and we were treated like dirt. Margaret the manager did not believe me about the theft and insisted on looking for herself. Then told me we would be refunded a few days and a claim would go into her insurance company. Nothing ever happened and my phone calls are still being pushed to the end of the pile. DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL IT"S NOT WORTH IT!

1 Thank Jersey613
Shoreowner, Manager at Admiral Resort Motel, responded to this review, September 23, 2010

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My family and I have been going to the Admiral for 8 years. This year was the best ever. The motel is always spotless, efficiently run and the staff are very friendly. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Can you say Eww?? When parking in the small spaces that they provide (it is $10 a day for a 2nd car to park) you immediately see and smell the garbage. The hallways are so narrow that it is hard to manuver through if you have anything in your hands. The rooms are gross.....stained cushions on the couches, hardly any room to walk. When you open the bathroom door it barely clears the bed. The back bedroom has no a/c. There is a musty unclean smell. My kids did not want to sit down or take their shoes off. Refund policy is...there are no refunds! Oh yeah, I forgot, the first room that we got had bugs on the wall. Do yourself and your family a favor and skip this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends