“BEWARE-CHOOSE ANOTHER MOTEL!!!”

Admiral Resort Motel
Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“BEWARE-CHOOSE ANOTHER MOTEL!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2005

This was absolutely the WORST place we have ever stayed at. We made a reservation over the phone and asked for a room w/ a view. We were told that our room was overlooking the pooland slight view of the ocean. Our Room was on the highway. The rooms smell of mold and mildew. We were awakened at 7am by the trash truck unloading the dumpster for a good 20 minutes. The lock on our door didn't work properly and we asked for another room. We were shown a room that smelled so bad that we asked to see another one but were told that was the only other one available. We asked for a refund because we truly didn't want to stay there one more night but were refused. The front desk womaan was extremely rude and nasty. Beware of any place that one of the first thing out of their mouths when you check in is , "NO REFUNDS". Makes you wonder, and boy did we find out why!! Very poor customer service, unbelievable that this place is even open, should be closed down due to health reasons. The airconditioning in the place was horrible, loud and you couldn't control the temperature. You were either freezing or sweating!! We ended up staying one night, but paid for 3. TOtally awful experience, I cannot even believe that there are goood reviews for this place, probably the people working there are writing them. If your smart, you will look for another place instead of booking here. One more thing, there were hairs on the sheets . Just lovely!!!

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed August 5, 2005

We stayed at the Admiral Reosrt Motel during the Juy 4th week. What a nightmare! When we first arrived, we had to request a new room b/c our door didn't close. We were told there were no other rooms, and a rude maintenance worker said he saw no problem with the door.

The room itself was outdated, moldy, and smelled. We went to find vacancies at other hotels - with no luck b/c of the holiday weekend.

The bathroom had broken tile, patchwork on the shower, stains on the blankets - need I go on?!!! My bathroom was not cleaned the entire time I was there. I cleaned it myself - and the showers clogged.

We were traveling with five others families, and although the deposits were made on the rooms - they forgot to book two of the rooms. Also - seems a little suspicious - but we were told we had to pay in cash (only) upon arrival. No banking or credit cards.

To make matters worse - we were robbed by the pool ($200+). The front desk clerk/manager - Gale - was so nasty. She was unsympathetic - and asked us "What do you want now???" When we went to the office to report the robbery. Her attitude was "it's not my problem". The ironic part is that there were cameras on the deck - and the hotel refused to allow us to view the footage. Perhaps they had something ro do with it - since the accused person was wearing an Admiral Resort shirt. When asked about the security, we were told there is one person who walks around at night to protect the motel (not the guests) b/c someone broke windows last year.

Remember when I said my door didn't close - well we returned to find our door wide open one day after the beach. Apparently the maid thought she had closed it - and it bounced back open. We called the owner to the room - and he said "Well, you didn't another room yesterday." Which was untrue - and we told him that we requested a room but were denied. We ended up moving to another room - with a broken vanity, and an air conditioning vent overflowing with mold - not good for asthma.

The guests I spoke to at the motel - were first time guests, vowing never to return again. Do yourself, and your family, a favor and stay somewhere (anywhere) else.

• Stayed July 2005
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 7, 2005

I stayed at The Admiral for the holiday weekend and really enjoyed myself there. It has a lot of fun activities and is in a good location. The staff there I encountered were very helpful and courteous and I will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank TravelAroundAbout
Reviewed June 20, 2005

This is were I take my family on vacation, my family has been there every year for the last five years. It has alot of room, and is very clean, management is nice and the maids that clean the rooms are friendly also. Everyone that I met at The Admiral including some guest were friendly. As a matter of fact we continue to go the same time every year because we met some really nice people from New York and they stay at the Admiral the same time we do. There is so much to do and everything is close. I can't wait to go again. Baltimore Maryland - The O'Neills

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 17, 2005

Not a bad hotel. Pretty old, somewhat rundown but it's not like it's expensive. Would reccomend to College kids, cheap and you can get pretty rowdy. Main problems: too far from the boardwalk, too far from the bars (downtown bars that is).

• Stayed July 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 4, 2005

My family and one of my friends stayed at this hotel. I liked it alot. Everyone had their own bed (except my parents). we had a full bathroom and a powder rom which was great b/c we had 6 people. All you had to do was cross the street to get to the beach. It was nice. The boardwalk was close also. i really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 1999
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 21, 2005

Our party of 4 adults and 2 kids stayed at the Admiral in mid June, 2004. The room was spacious but needed some work, tub had a odd patch job done and broken chair. The 4 ft. pool, playground and mini-golf for the kids was awesome and let the adults relax in the picinic area while the children played within view. The children were older and could take showers, I would not have wanted to bathe an infant in the scary tub (bring cleaners or tub if your kids are small). I would recommend staying in the off season at a cheap price. We stayed at $70 a nite and thought it was well worth it, however if we payed the full price I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed June 2004