All reviews three bedroom suite hot tub next year onsite restaurant bedroom efficiency movie night beach front the jersey shore full size pool side ocean view breakfast and lunch nice pool family vacation lounge chairs small children sun deck
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Enjoyed the room, the view, the amenities, the staff. Its all good. Been coming here for 7 years and see no reason to stop. There was an added bonus during this stay because the one thing I haven't liked was the commercial radio station playing thru the poolside speakers. They were not used this past week so I had the added dimension of being able to sit on the balcony throughout the day, and not have to shut myself inside in order to read in peace.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Let me know in the future, Jim...I can handle this easily!

Reviewed September 26, 2018

I recently visited Wildwood Crest for the car show event and stayed at this hotel El Coronado. My family always goes every year and would stay here. Unfortunately this was the first time I accompanied them on this trip. The room had no air condition (out of service) toilet and bath could do with some updating. The worse experience I had staying here and this was the kicker for me. Though they offer you tickets for a free breakfast with the exception of the main menu. Since I am a plant based eater and a chef myself (vegan) who eats no dairy or meat. The menu stated they have options. I simply asked the waitress to put together a breakfast meal that consisted of avocado, vegetables with toast and potatoes. She said they can do this I would have to pay. paying was not the problem for me. A few minutes later waitress came back to inform me that the chef was busy preparing for a function and could not accommodate me. I simply thanked her got up leaving my family to enjoy their breakfast (not vegans). My family got very upset that I couldn't eat with them. I went all morning without until after walking for miles, I happened upon a small restaurant on the boardwalk. They served vegan/vegetarian options the chef was kind enough to make me a a potato hash that was very delicious. It really hit the spot for me. I told the chef my story from one chef to another. He said that was not nice at all. Sorry hotel El Coronado you will not be seeing me again. As a vegan I have never been rejected from any restaurant that carries vegan options. This is my first rejection, not a pleasant experience. Very disappointed, like how long does it take to make vegetables and potatoes?

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Zabeth52: Although the hotel "leases" our restaurant to a separate party, I will most certainly share this review with them..Thank you.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. We have been coming here a for years and find the different style of the rooms are great. The guest are mostly families and very friendly. I do agree the rooms could use some updating especially given the price with the tax and condo fee added. The pool and hotel are clean with a beautiful view and great location.

Room Tip: Best views
Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Thank you for your input, Donna Marie...I'll share this with the board of directors.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

My husband and I have fond memories of the El Coronado, so we decided to spend a weekend there. On arrival we paid our bill and and were told that the air conditioner wasn't working and were given our key, I did notice a sign in the back of the reception desk couldn't actually read it. We got to our room 209, The first thing we noticed was that the room was hot,, we needed to keep our balcony door open for air it was noisy. The trash baskets were not emptied. The maid Chrystel came and took care of it right away. I went to make coffee and the coffee pot was broke, she came back with a new pot for us. Finally, on Sat. when we spoke to the front desk they sent a FAN to our room, but we still needed to keep the balcony door open. We went to the pool and a child had an accident in it everyone was asked to leave the pool area and the gates were locked, when we returned our towels my husband complained about the heat and asked about some kind of compensation we were told that we could have a free breakfast. I couldn't check out fast enough We had planned to book again for next year but have decided NO .

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Dear Jane:

Please accept my apologies for your unit issue. Chrystal is a sweetheart and was happy to help you!

Reviewed September 20, 2018

When attempting to enter my hotel room, the was stuck and I almost feel into the room. The door continued to stick during the entire visit. My first morning started at 6am with a faulty fire alarm. Thank goodness it was a false alarm, as it took me several attempts to open the stuck door. The next day there was a storm which knocked out the air conditioning system. It took two days for the management to decide not repair the air conditioning system. They decided to "turn the heating system in 4 days early!" The air conditioning system did work on the top floors of the hotel, but there were no "available rooms," although 4 bus loads of tours were leaving today.

I have been staying here for four years and never had a complaint until this year.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

So sorry for these issues, Michelle, but the lightning storm causing the power surge which knocked out our AC on 3 floors was an act of God. Hopefully, it will be restored today.