We stayed during 4th of July week 2006. Upon check in I found the hotel to be better than others I have stayed in at the Jersey shore. The good points are the location which is right on the beach, the coffee shop which offers an excellent breakfast and friendly service, the complimentary internet service and paper, the pool is huge and great to swim in except when people are continuously diving in the deep end, the only thing I did not like about the pool was its either 3ft or 9ft no inbetween, and the 9ft is a constant divers delight. I loved the room set-up and the private balcony overlooking the ocean was my favorite. The downside to our stay was the putric smelling pillows and filthy sheets that were NEVER changed and only exchanged with the bed next it. ( I know because I had the same stain on my pillowcase for 5 nights, I put my own t-shirt over the pillow to kill the smell) and there was a big dirty stain on the quilt that covers the bed, very nasty. I left a nice note in the room and extra $$$ for the maids to remedy the situation without having to complain, but I dont think they understand the message. The elevators are horrible, either broken or slow and can throw your back out when they stop. I found the front desk people nice at first but dirty side glances throughout the stay. I might stay there again with my own set of sheets and my own pillow and on a lower floor. The packages they offer seem great and the prices while high are comparable to every other hotel in wildwood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Coronado Resort is a beachfront full-service condominium hotel located in the heart of Wildwood Crest just minutes from fine restaurants, nightlife, the world famous Wildwood Boardwalk and just a short drive to Cape May and Atlantic City. With a variety of accommodations from guest rooms to spacious 1, 2, 3 bedroom suites, El Coronado can meet your vacation needs. Enjoy breathtaking ocean views from your balcony or relax on our beachfront sundeck. El Coronado offers free poolside barbeques and live entertainment in season for your enjoyment along with many other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your El Coronado Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Coronado Hotel Wildwood Crest
- El Coronado Wildwood Crest