“A sweet little gem!”

Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“A sweet little gem!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I read the reviews prior to coming here and it had me very concerned. I had booked 3 rooms for my family, all with great views of the pool and ocean. I cannot understand some of the negative reviews! We had such a great time. The staff could not have been nicer. The rooms were very clean and looked JUST like the web pictures. The elevators ALWAYS worked, the pool was great and clean (though we prefer the beach), the restaurant was fine for a quick, inexpensive meal, their was always ice in the machines, parking was NEVER problem, etc. I scratched my head as I walked the property trying to understand what all the negative fuss was about. This is a very sweet little gem and we will most definitely return!

Room Tip: Book the rooms with ocean and/or pool views. The E room was perfect for a family of 5 and grandma!
2 Thank Rachel Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Yes, this is a dated hotel. There are a lot of updates that could be done. We have stayed there 4 years in a row, always on a package. The hotel is always full, hence I would think it is not that bad of a place to stay. The staff has always been helpful and kind. There are a couple of crabby ones, but that happens everywhere. The coffee shop staff are very efficient. I think people confuse dirty with old, I have never had a cleanliness issue. As far as cost goes, it is on the shore and it is summer...of course it will cost you. I will go back again.

Room Tip: Book your stay early in the year, request above the 4th floor ocean view and ask to be in the middle...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this resort 2 years ago and it was pleasant. We decided to come back this summer with family. However, this time the stay was not pleasant at all. We traveled with 2 other families and they wouldn't accommodate our rooms being right near each other. We were lucky we got the same floor is what we were told. On our last night there my sisters car broke down and she had to stay an extra night and they were going to charge her $272 for that night when the hotel across the street was going to give it to her for $180! My brother in law finally got price down to $200 so that they didn't have to move their baby and all their stuff. Then we checked out and my son forgot his DS Video game console on the floor and what a surprise when we called that night to find out that housekeeping never saw it! 3 days later they are still looking for it! Gets better....my other sister left 3 dresses hanging in the bathroom and those were gone as well. When we called about that the housekeepers threw them in the laundry with the towels!! 3 days later they are missing. I will NEVER EVER stay at this hotel again b/c of their dishonest staff and their lack of helping families out in difficult situations!

3 Thank Vmuro7

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. Checking in on a Thursday, couldn't get in our room till around 5:30 pm. Room not cleanest, very crowded for 4 adults. AC in bedroom did not work. Our room was on second floor sanwhiched between garbage dumpsters and hotel laundry room, deck virtually unusable. Garbage pick up very early and mound every day to dump dumpsters was a negative for vacation. Seem to have a hard time understanding that 4 adults needed more than 3 towels, we could get them but at over $300 a night, don't think that should be an issue. Last time here for sure!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Lm196
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just returned last night from our 3rd stay at the El Coronado. I have read all the reviews from this month and I have to say that we did not agree with the negative for our stay. Sure, while it could use upgrades...we also realize that we are not staying at Sea Pointe Village which costs $4500/week. We choose to stay here and our experience was great. We have stayed on both sides and my only choice now would be to always stay on the South side . The garbage pick up is 730am every morning on the North side and is very loud. The café was wonderful .We did not have a bad meal and we had both breakfast and lunch. The pool entertainment is always fun. The location is perfect. Will return next year !!!!

Room Tip: South side quieter in the morning. The north side has garbage pick up at 730am
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have just returned from spending 1 week + $1700.00 for what was suppose to a memorable vacation. I have stayed there 13 years ago, and I can honestly say, nothing has ever been updated. It all looked the same. First I must comment on the cleanliness or lack of it. There was grapes someone dropped in one stairwell and popcorn in the other stairwell was there all week. I guess no one cleans there! We had sand left in front of our door, that was there all week also. I could go on, but you get my message. Secondly, the ice machines were broke all week. We had to go to the restaurant to buy ice, which they ran out of!
With all the hotels that are in wildwood, this is not the place to stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the 201,301,401.....rooms on the poolside. It is in the corner and your balcony is ri...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank sue f
albany, new york
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We walked into a very dirty room. dust on all the furnishings. Dirty dishes left in the cabinets. Black hairy mold growing on the ceilings. Items left in the room from previous guests like hair pins loose change fake bugs. Dried bodily fluids one of the beds. We removed it from the bed and put it on the floor and it remained there for two days until we said something to the housekeepers, which communicating with was nearly impossible because they didn't speak english. Sofa so spotted we were afraid to sit on it. Carpets spotted. Some days no wash clothes left or soap or towels enough for all of us. When we called down to have these issues corrected we were given attitude. They have pool rules but no one inforces them. People diving off thr bridge railings. No glass bottles or such around the pool no one said anything to these people. All in all it was one of the worst places i have ever stayed. This is one familythat won't be repeat guests. YUK!!!

Room Tip: Find someplace else to stay
4 Thank foodman86
#6 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Bal Harbour Hotels
Bal Harbour Hotels
#31 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to El Coronado Resort? Share your experiences!