“Great location, terribly dirty...”
Review of El Coronado Resort

El Coronado Resort
Ranked #9 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Dirty walls, dirty carpet,dirty couch, mold, mold, mold.

The cleaning staff is incompetent. We called down to complain and we were told "they run the vacuum." Are you serious? I had festering mold on a ceiling tile and houskeeping blamed maintenance. How about everyone looks out for the guests and does their job? Also, what good is having an "ocean view" room if your window is so dirty you can't see out?

Pathetic for the price. Really sad; just because you have a prime location doesn't mean you should throw all customer service out the window.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank petteys

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Don't waste your money coming to this place!!!! We paid 3000 to stay at a dirty room!!
Dirty walls
Dirty carpet
Dirty kitchen
Dirty bathrooms ( like really change the shower curtains they only cost $1.99!!!)
I can go on and on about this dirty place. Not a healthy place to stay at..
I will never returned to this place..

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank Vacation2014
Reviewed August 6, 2013

very good location but need to improve the cleaness of the kitchen. It was a great location, pool is great and the view of ocean was beautifull. We rent an appartment with 3 rooms (EE) the rooms were big and clean. We were very disappointed about the cleaness of the kitchen: carpet is durty, walls are a mess, we ask a sheet to cover the sofa . Also we were not able to have a parking for 2 cars, we rent an appartement for 10 people... I will return but I will ask if they have renovate the kitchen before.

Room Tip: room with ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Helene H
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I’m currently staying at what they call a resort. First let me begin by saying this is far from a resort, it’s more like a motel, and that’s being kind. I’m currently staying in what they call a E room “One of the better rooms” and I walked into a room that was nicely designed, but truly a disaster. Let me begin by saying dirty walls, dirty carpets and a shower curtail that hasn’t been replaced for months, which mold was located on the bottom of the curtain. The people at the front desk have no idea on what real hotel management should be like and speak with attitudes. I’ve never left comments on any site, but I felt compelled to alert many that are thinking about staying here to really think about it before spending money on a place that personally should be closed down for a months for a major clean up.

Start with painting the walls and covering up other people’s messy habits then you can tackle the dirty carpets followed by replacing all the broken and run down furniture and replacing old kitchen equipment and the smell of dirty rags that consume the living room area. They falsify having WIFI. Their signal is weak throughout the entire property. I'm a network engineer and it's clear they don't use repeaters on every floor to ensure proper strength signal is spread across the property and they market what they call the "Internet Cafe" a bunch of old windows XP platform machines "Internet Cafe rady"
The positives have been the pool area, location and the poor cleaning people that are directed by a bunch of non talented individuals who have no capabilities in providing any leadership or direction to their own staff not to mention themselves. All that the front desk is concerned about is you signing your life away in order to obtain barbeque utensils, towels and wrist bands.. What they should be concerned about is cleaning their hotel rooms and hallways to ensure a positive experience for their clients. If I could I would check out right now and get my money back! Certainly I find it hard to digest that this just cost me $450.00 a night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Eric F
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We always come to this resort, I came for ten days and the room I had for the first nine days was great. Once the day I had to change to the other room came, that's when the disappointment began. They couldn't give me a straight answer telling what time I would have to switch rooms.. Which ruined the whole due to not being able to plan and had to cancel several activities. The attitude on the staff was horrid. Management provided me with free breakfast in which we used. My eggs were raw and when I said something, staff asked me if I know what over easy eggs were.. Not pleased. WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING HERE. Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Vacation453
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here in prior years and it seems that every year the rooms get dirtier and dirtier. The phone was disgusting. The carpet is stained and soiled and the walls are a mess.
We payed a lot for this room and it gross. I don't even like watching my son walk in the floor.
We are finding somewhere else next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank MissHil
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hello, Miss Hil: I'm sorry you found our hotel lacking this year. I have already scheduled the painters and the carpeting revisions for 2014 and would happily promote to you a free room upgrade should you permit us to host you again next year. Thank you for taking the time to advise me of your stay.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been going here for 3yrs now. Each time I have stayed in a different room . I was there in June and July and Sept. AAA AAS GS EEE, I loved each room, clean, nice and roomy. Loved the view from all rooms. The office staff and the Manager is sooo freindly and helpful whether about the hotel or places to eat. The grounds are kept very clean. All other staff in the hotel are very courteous. I feel very welcomed there. I love all the room you have at the sundeck, and you can cookout there on the grills and eat in the shade. The restaurant is very good. I had breakfast there and it was delicious and you get alot. I can't wait to go back again. Thanks for a great stay El Coranodo!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you, BeachGirl...always glad to hear from our guests. I appreciate the positive notes. See you on your next trip to the Wildwoods!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#33 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Adventurer Oceanfront Inn
Adventurer Oceanfront Inn
#4 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to El Coronado Resort? Share your experiences!