El Coronado Resort
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here for the weekend with friends. The location is perfect, right on the beach and not too far from restaurants and whatnot. The rooms are somewhat outdated but they were clean. Nice balcony with a view of the beach, we actually saw dolphins swimming from our room. The price is fair for what they offer.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you, Steve...I'm glad your enjoyed our resort and look forward to hosting you again when in the Wildwoods!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed here many times in the past and have been satisfied but not only has the quality gone downhill with horrible smells in the rooms, they have the nerve to charge an extra $20 a person per night for more than 2 people in a party for a room that sleep 6.

I have NEVER heard of such a thing and it is not worth the price they charge especially with the outdated room. I cant believe that they would take advantage of a family that is a bit larger than 4 people but cant afford to pay for 2 separate rooms at the prices the hotels charge.

I checked with many various hotels in Wildwood and not one other hotel charged the way El Coronado does. In the ast 15 years, I have stayed there almost every year but with the new prices they are charging, I will find a new home for my vacation. I would not recommend this place to anyone....unless you like getting totally ripped off!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank hopenela
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

It was dissappointing to read your comments. For the past thirteen years this hotel has charged $12 extra for additional adults over the base as does most every other property locally. This year we did raise it to $18 due to the ever increasing utility costs which would certainly be effected by the amount of persons in any one unit. As a tourist-class family resort, my staff and I aim to provide the best services to our guests in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. I'm sorry your felt we missed the mark for you.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just completed a week stay at this resort. This hotel was very dated. The carpet had a musty smell. The bed was very low to the floor and you could feel the springs in the bed. I had a upgraded room and it didn't feel upgraded. Had a private balcony but no screen door, so the bugs would always fly in. The gym consist of 3 machines. The cafe is very expensive. Stayed on a package deal which I paid more for and everything still cost extra if you didn't stay within their guidelines. As I went to other hotels around this one I found the others to be better. I also heard a couple at breakfast stating that this resorts quality has went down over the years. I would not recommend

Room Tip: Don't stay on 4th floor was horrible and very dated
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Renee77y
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi, Renee:

I was sorry to read your experience with us was not to your liking. We sets goals each Fall to keep our rooms modern and up-to-date as one would expect in a resort hotel this size. Our packages are also very popular for those who desire a scheduled experience of the Wildwoods. Should you allow the El Coronado to host you again in the future, please call me directly and I'll provide your party a free unit upgrade. Thank you for taking the time to advise of your stay. B. Richard, GM

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I dont understand any of the bad reviews on here. I have come here for several years and we always have had a wonderful experience. We have never met a staff person who wasnt friendly. Every time I have called to make a reservation, the person I spoke to has been very friendly and helfpul. We never had an issue at check in. Our room was always clean. It is a wonderful place to stay- right on the beach. The pool is great. I cant say enough positive things. Please take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. Everyone has different opinions, but I am actually quite picky about where I stay and I have never been disappointed. Just booked a 4 day trip for this year with my daugher and am very much looking forward to it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you, Karen, for your kind review of my resort. My staff and I always aim to provide the best services and vacation experience for our valued guests. A box of our world-famous salt water taffy awaits your return. Thanks again. Bruce Richard, GM

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We just came back from our first family vacation to Wildwood NJ. In the past we have stayed in another hotel, but we needed a larger room to accommodate our 1 yr old twins as well as my husband and I so we decided to look around. After several calls to other places and less than enthusiastic staff I made the call to El Coronado. I had seen the room layouts which would work best for us. I reached Paula at the front desk and she was so kind and helpful. She understood my concerns with the kids and the space and things we needed. She didn't make me seem like I was wasting her time. I made the reservations and started the countdown. We stayed Monday the 17th-Thursday the 20th.
We had a Style F room which was a 2bed/2bath/2 private balcony/Kitchen Eff. The view from the balconies was amazing. The room was clean and very spacious. The 2nd bedroom fit our 2 pack n plays for the babies. The hotel was quiet and we had no complaints at all.
All of the staff we encountered was so polite and friendly. When passing in the halls or needing anything they were so nice. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool during our stay but will next time.
The location of this hotel right on the beach was great. The sands are not as wide as they are closer to the boardwalk so the walk down to the water is not as long which appealed to us. I can't say enough about this hotel. There are many other positive reviews on this site to go by as well.
I had seen some negative reviews but after seeing some of the complaints I realized that you can't please everyone so I took them with a grain of salt. We had a wonderful time and will go back and stay there again. We are hoping to get there in August.
Thank You for a wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids- the F style we stayed in had 2 baths but both were just shower stall...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Have stayed here before! Great package deals! Our last visit was for Western weekend in May/June 2013. The whole family had a fantastic time! Thank you El Coronado for such a beautiful, affordable vacation spot! Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Deeannto219
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at my hotel. Guests like you make my career choice a real pleasure. Please stop in my office to say hello on your next visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The El Coronado's location is the best by far! Right on the beach and also in the Crest which is away from all the excitement if that is what your looking for. Staff is top notch and rooms are clean. Pool is great and I love that they have gas grills on the patio area which I can attest are thoroughly cleaned every night.
The only thing is that darn balcony light! I wish we can turn that thing on and off by ourselves because at night when sitting it attracts the bugs. They go on automatically at nightfall so it can be annoying. Wish they would change that or make the light accessible so I can turn it off. It has a cover over it which cannot be removed. That's just a minor nuisance though.
We go every year and can't wait for our upcoming trip.
You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Christine P
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you, Christine, for your kind comments! I will report your concerns with the balcony lighting to the owners. Please ask for me when you check-in this year...I have a sweet surprise for you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#9 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Port Royal Hotel
Port Royal Hotel
#5 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to El Coronado Resort? Share your experiences!