El Coronado Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Coliseum Ocean Resort(Wildwood Crest)
$79
$55
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$99
Biscayne Family Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$77
Granada Ocean Resort(Wildwood Crest)
$65
$55
Waikiki Oceanfront Inn(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$81
Port Royal Hotel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$86
Olympic Beach Resort(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$66
Aztec Resort Motel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$90
Travelocity
Jolly Roger Motel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$93
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Pan American Hotel(Wildwood Crest)(Great Value!)
$79
Hotwire.com
All reviewsthree bedroom suitehot tubnext yeardiamond beachonsite restaurantbedroom efficiencymovie nightbeach fronthousekeeping staffmany yearsthe jersey shorebeach accesslast summerpool sideocean viewbreakfast and lunchlounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2008

What a nasty Manager! They confirmed ,in writing, one price for an extra day on the phone and when I got there the manager said it was a mistake and wanted to charge me an extra $100.00. He did not care what I had to say it was the extra $ or leave. We decided to leave. He then proceeded to come to our room with a "security" person to see if we were leaving. I felt that he was rude, unprofessional and down right mean who started screaming in front of my 2 small children. We've been coming here for seven years,since new owners took over, I'll be looking elsewhere to stay.Save your money and aggrevation!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank mileycyrus
Reviewed December 27, 2007

The El Coronado is beach front property in Wildwood Crest. My family and I have been going here for years - due in large part to it's location and varied room types. It has units that range from three bedrooms to a regular hotel room and it's always worked well for the varied needs of an extended family. At least once a year, my cousins and friends have met here for a long weekend ( a group of 20+ people). It use to be a very nice place, but it has gone down hill over the years and hit rock bottom last year (summer of 2007). The service is beyond bad. The front desk people are rude at best, the rooms are never really cleaned, there's always one elevator on the fritz, the electric goes out periodically -- just to name a few. It saddens me to have to write this review, but the management at the EC has done nothing to improve any of these issues - nor do they seem to care. There are many other places to stay - I would stay away from this place with a ten foot pole. Just to give you a frame of reference - My husband and I are in our forties and have a four year old son. We like to travel and have stayed at many nice resorts over the years and I'd be hard pressed to find service this bad anywhere else. I've stayed at the EC for well over ten years - but won't be back again this year.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank PABlondie
Reviewed October 4, 2007

We stay at this Hotel (more like a motel) during labor day weekend. Approaching the Hotel the outside appearance was deceiving to what we experience in the inside. After we checked in we go all the way to the 5th floor, after waiting 15 mins. for the ONE good elevator that was working, we come to find out that the door key was not working (made 3 trips to the front desk to change keys through out the weekend). Come inside the room and that was when it really hit us! As soon as we walked in it smell musty, it felt dirty and supposely the bathroom where updated! NOT! the sink had rust. The air was not working properly. Good that we only came in just to go to sleep! However what i did like was how close the beach was and the view from the room!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank jahd70
Reviewed October 1, 2007

We stayed at this hotel despite some of the bad reviews. However, the bad reviews are all true. This hotel is dingy, dirty, smelly . . . the only 2 or 3 of the elevators worked. We stayed this past weekend (28th and 29th), and there was no heat and the air conditioner would not turn off. We froze. Called the front desk . . . and maintenance "was going to check it out". Nothing ever happend. The room smelled dirty. The sheets were old. The pillows were barely existent. The beds were very uncomfortable. We were very, very disappointed. The carpeting in the hallway was disgusting. Yes, the location is good, however, I contemplated going to another hotel as soon as I walked in the room. The bathroom was the only plus, as it was recently renovated. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank madisonnewyork
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We attend the Wildwood car show every year in May and September and have booked our stay with El Coronado with the exception of one time. We thought it was under a major over haul and were we very disappointed when we stayed there just last week. The bathroom was remodeled however someone broke the shelf in the shower and nobody fixed it so there was no place for your soap or shampoo. There was also no shelf over the sink to place your toiletries so you had to lay everything on toilet seat and there were no electrical outlets to use a hairdryer or shaver. When we arrived the air didn't work and we had to have that fixed...the air filters were filthy and the grills they were either missing or bent up and rusty...everytime we go there only 2 of the 3 elevators are working and they take forever...I will say the restaurant and the new internet cafe were great.

It is a shame they have gone down hill they use to be a great place.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends