“Perfect Perfect Perfect”

Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Perfect Perfect Perfect”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I got married at the El Coronado! We were the first couple to use their newly built "Fiesta Room" as our reception room. We got married on the the beach, and had our reception in the Fiesta Room. The hotel made our wedding and weekend so memorable. From the staff to the managers - we want to thank them all. It was unbelievably perfect! We had 25 rooms rents, for a total of 80 guests - and everyone of them raved about how clean their rooms were, how friendly the staff was, and how amazing our wedding was! I couldn't be happier!! This is a definite place I'll stay again!

Room Tip: any room is a good one!
2 Thank steph616
Bruce R, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thanks for the great review...It was a pleasure hosting you and your family as well. Welcome to the El Coronado family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The entire exterior had been redone since our last visit many years ago. A big improvement.
The front desk was friendly and efficient. The restaurant was great for breakfast. We had one maintenance situation with the in-room safe, which was fixed within 10 minutes. The room and bathroom were clean; however, the carpet could use cleaning.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor or high.
2 Thank SJSGS
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The El. Coranado was a fantastic place to stay. The staff couldnt have been nicer and our room was so clean that we couldnt believe it was the last week of August. When i tell you our room was spotless I'm not kidding. The daily activities for the kids are great and the grills on the patio are
a nice bonus for when you want have a burger or steak with the family while looking at the ocean. Thanks to a great staff - we really enjoyed our trip.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Dsmith96
Bruce R, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you! It is always our aim to provide clean and comfortable rooms for our valued guests. Your kind comments will be shared at my weekly Manager's Meeting. We look forward to hosting your next vacation in the Wildwoods!
Yorktown Heights, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2012

After much uncertainty as to whether or not we should take vacation this year, my husband and I decided to take 4 days off to go to our favorite place. This place was Wildwood New Jersey. For the past 30 years we have always stayed in The Bristol Plaza, however, the last couple of years the Bristol has been in need of a face lift so we decided to try El Coronado. Unfortunately our 3rd day there, we awoke to find our bikes stolen. Although they were locked with a bike lock the bike lock was broken and dangling from the bike rack. When we addressed the hotel manager the most he did for us was call the police. He otherwise could not care less. When we asked about some kind of compensation for our bikes we were told that they are not responsible for stolen objects. My bike was worth $450.00 and my husband's was worth $350.00. My bike was a gift a couple of years ago and we all use the bike, especially at the shore. I don't know when I will be able to get another bicycle, none the less two bikes. The manager was adamant about not reimbursing us anything since, "after all, they did not steal the bikes."They did not want to hear anything about reimbursement. They were cold, callous and uncaring. I was stunned. We discovered with the help of the police officer that the hotel had surveillance cameras everywhere except the dark corner of the underground parking lot where the bike rack was located. When we first arrived at the hotel we could not even find the rack for some time. After this incident we had one more day left but felt very unsafe for the remainder of our stay and did not even get an apologetic phone call from the manager. Our small vacation was totally ruined and not only will I not return to El Coronado, I will not return to WildWood.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Lizbeth P
Bruce R, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Lizbeth:

I clearly understand your anger at having your bikes stolen. Had it happened to me I would be upset too. I also clearly understand your anger at me and my property because I could not compensate you for your stolen property. But I find it unfair that you feel this loss should be attributed to my hotel financially. I provide a bike rack for our guests as a courtesy and cannot be held financially responsible for the safeguard of your unprotected property. I explained this to you at the Front Desk "when I apologized to your husband" and the proper thing to do in this type of situation is to call the Police in an effect to possibly attain the return of your property or in using the Police Report to assist your claim on your homeowner's policy. I'm sorry you felt me uncaring but that is simply not true. I assisted your husband and the Police Officer as best I could. However, your demand that the hotel should compensate you for your loss is unreasonable. In any event, I do hope your bicycles are found and returned to you by our local police.

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Windsor, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After reading so many recent horrible reviews, we were afraid of what we were goiing to find here, having already made reservations months ago. We were pleasantly surprised to find the staff friendly, the room (Type AS) clean and spacious, and the beach nice and easily accessible. Don;'t believe everything you read, some travelers are just picky, angry and hard to please.

Room Tip: Type AS is great, has a "semi-private" sleeping area that really gives a sense of two sepq...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank legalsec
Bruce R, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind words and discriminating insight. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
North Cape May, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am a local and I have previously went here to eat and it was delicious, unfourtnitaly I went today sept 1st with my boyfriend and his family and it was discusting. The server had filthy hands and the food was undercooked and homefries were mushy and undercooked, my boyfriends bacon had hair in it. Me and my boyfriends sister had the pork roll and cheese omelette, we both had to send back ours because they were undercooked and brownish orange juice was running out of our eggs. My boyfriend had the hungry man 6 and his eggs were scrambled and they were runny the same way. Our toast was cold and soggy and the server offered to make new but I did not want her touching my food. Also another girl who was with us had the cream chipped beef and she couldn't even eat it, it was also discusting. So the manager or owner came over and told me my food was soposed to be like that and it was the cheese. We showed her what was wrong and she started to give us attitude. She gave me a slight arguement then walked away. After she came back and said she was taking care of the bill. Which she should have. My boyfriends brother also went there last week and found it delicious too. Needless to say me my boyfriend his family or my friends will never be going back there.

3 Thank Adriana B
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We reserved a room at the El Coronado in March. Since then, I watched with mounting concern as most of the reviews on trip advisor were negative; I began to worry about our trip a bit. However, these fears turned out to be negative.

Our hotel selection crtieria was: An ocean-front hotel in Wildwood Crest, a large pool for the kids, a private balcony with ocean views, and "reasonable" (quotes, since this is Wildwood Crest, so I'm not sure what "reasonable" truly is) rates. Only a handful of properties met this criteria, and we went with the El Coronado.

We cannot say enough about the staff; I truly thought they were very friendly at the front desk, and were very willing to help us on several occasions (such as losing a room card, our son cutting his lip open on a curb after he fell....not the hotels fault, of course!!!....a 5-year old being a 5-year old, and parental reactions not being quick enough!!), letting us stay later than check-out time on check-out day to use the pool....all very very nice and cooperative. Our room attendant, Kathy, was absolutely fantastic, and very good with our kids; they truly enjoyed seeing her everytime we ran into her.

The room itself was good; we were on the fifth floor in an GS-type room. We had decent views, and the room was spacious enough for our needs. Monday night there was a movie on the pool deck for the kids with popcorn for everyone, and hot-dog cookouts on Tuesday and Thursday. Very nice touches to keep everyone involved.

Overall, we were happy with the hotel and the service. My wife, a very discerning traveller, said she would come back here without heistation, and I agree. If I had any suggestions, it would be more frequent vaccumming of the pool bottom (a lot of sand from the adjacent beach works its way into the pool, likely from beachgoers not thoroughouly rinsing off in the poolside showeres after coming from the beach), and possibly some updates/repairs to rooms and hallways (there was nothing big to point out in particular; but we were there at the end of the season, and there were a lot of chips, scuff marks, etc. present in the rooms and hallways). I would also recommend an upgrade of mattresses as ours were...well, "firm"!.

Room Tip: Try to request a room on third floor or higher if facing pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
#6 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#11 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to El Coronado Resort? Share your experiences!