“Not so great, but not nightmarish”
Review of El Coronado Resort

El Coronado Resort
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had made a reservation months in advance for a wedding and though we arrived late in the afternoon, the room was not quite ready. The staff was friendly, and we waited only about a 1/2 hour.
While we waited, there were a few guests complaining that they did not have air-conditoning (it was above 90 degrees ourside.) Others claimed they had wanted a kitchen with a microwave, but hadn't gotten one. Red flags were going up.
We had no real problems. Elevators weren't working, but we didn't mind that too much except for check in and lugging our bags upstairs.
Here's the deal. Even on a weekend (Friday night), this was pretty pricey at $230/night with tax and tags as they say. The room was fine, nothing special. It overlooked the pool and the long sand expanse to the ocean, but you had to really lean from a small balcony to see this. It was soso, and I think if you looked around, you'd find a better deal.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Best place to stay in the crest been staying ther for 10 yrs now every April and June clean staff friendly great rates. They have kitchen in rms but if you don't want to cook there is a great resterant down stairs

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay. This is our 3rd year coming back to the El Coronado Resort. Our room was clean, as well as the other parts of the hotel. We had the same room we had last year, and it was nice to see some of the updates in the room, a tub instead of the walk-in shower and a ceiling fan/light above the dining table. We loved the view from our room, right in front of the ocean.

I did feel bad for Paula at check out because she was on her own, and had multiple phone calls coming in as well as some customers waiting in the lobby for her assistance. She did call out for help, apparently the other person who was suppose to be out there to help her had left the area, but didn't tell her. I give Paula credit, she remained calm and pleasant while trying to take care of the clients in the lobbying as well as answering the phone.

We will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We got into our room, unpacked and used the facilities. Other guests were given keys to our room and entered while we were there. Then we were told we had someone else's room and had to move. They sent us to a filthy room with food bits on the floor, The refrigerator was not cleaned out and had a frozen spill in the freezer. The toilets, supposedly cleaned, had crap stains. WiFi didn't work, no toaster, cracked ice bucket , one of the dressers was missing a drawer. Here's the worst part: I gave a letter with these complaints to the Manager Bruce. NO APOLOGY. NOT EVEN A RESPONSE. There are plenty of great places to stay in Wildwood Crest. Do yourself and your family a favor. Don't go to the El Coronado.

Room Tip: Don't believe the front desk when they tell you your room was cleaned.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank WallyS1
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Mr. Wally:

My sincere apologies. I understand and agree with your complaint here. My desk personnel gave you the wrong room keys initially and when they issued you the correct room number it was for a room that was not as yet cleared for check-in by my Housekeeping Dept from the previous guests. As you know, I received your note upon your check-out this Monday and my response to your check-in faux pas was mailed to your attention. Again, I apologize for this error on my clerk's part. In her effort to make things right, she compounded her error by giving you access to a dirty room. This should not have happened and I have personnally interviewed her on this error during her training.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed for a week in 2011. The first nite we stayed in an "H" style. It was nice, but a little smaller than we prefer, so the next day we upgraded to the 3 bedroom "EE". It was very spacious, beds were comfortable, furniture was nice. The pool is just as pictured. Enjoyed the towel service they provide. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is perfect!! Nice and freindly staff, spacious and clean rooms, and many other awesome amenities! :)

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Summerbrieze
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Just came back from our stay June 8th. Had a great time. The owner and staff were very courteous and helpful. I got there early and was able to check in at 10:30am. My room was on the 5th floor and a gn type it was very clean. Beds felt good too. It had a great view of the ocean. The pool was very clean and spacious and so was the hot tub. As you walked around all staff greeted you. I asked the owner on the day I checked out if I could leave my car parked at hotel and use pool he said yes since there was available space then. I would recommend this hotel to you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#4 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Reges Oceanfront Resort
Reges Oceanfront Resort
#7 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to El Coronado Resort? Share your experiences!