We had made a reservation months in advance for a wedding and though we arrived late in the afternoon, the room was not quite ready. The staff was friendly, and we waited only about a 1/2 hour.
While we waited, there were a few guests complaining that they did not have air-conditoning (it was above 90 degrees ourside.) Others claimed they had wanted a kitchen with a microwave, but hadn't gotten one. Red flags were going up.
We had no real problems. Elevators weren't working, but we didn't mind that too much except for check in and lugging our bags upstairs.
Here's the deal. Even on a weekend (Friday night), this was pretty pricey at $230/night with tax and tags as they say. The room was fine, nothing special. It overlooked the pool and the long sand expanse to the ocean, but you had to really lean from a small balcony to see this. It was soso, and I think if you looked around, you'd find a better deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Coronado Resort is a beachfront full-service condominium hotel located in the heart of Wildwood Crest just minutes from fine restaurants, nightlife, the world famous Wildwood Boardwalk and just a short drive to Cape May and Atlantic City. With a variety of accommodations from guest rooms to spacious 1, 2, 3 bedroom suites, El Coronado can meet your vacation needs. Enjoy breathtaking ocean views from your balcony or relax on our beachfront sundeck. El Coronado offers free poolside barbeques and live entertainment in season for your enjoyment along with many other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your El Coronado Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Coronado Hotel Wildwood Crest
- El Coronado Wildwood Crest