“Nice hotel for a low rate! Not like what the other reviews say!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn
Ranked #59 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed September 13, 2009

In the month of Sept. 9 of us went to stay at the Yankee Clipper, and the night before we were leaving I decided to just do a quick check on trip advisor just to see what others had thought about this hotel. Let me tell you after reading the reviews I was terrified, we were taking 6 adults and 3 small children (ages 5, 2 & 5mths) to what i thought was going to be a total disaster. When we got there the staff was very nice and our rooms were ready which we were very pleased about, the rooms were clean and looked just like what they advertise on the internet and on the brochures, our rooms were exactly as they said they would be, they did not smell of any kind of odor nor did we have any problems with bed bugs.They have a kiddie and adult pool,miniature golf, grills, tables, ice machines and a laundry area. There are a few signs stating some common sense hotel rules, If I had to guess they were put there for people that have no common sense.We had fresh towels and the maids came to clean our rooms everyday. The location of the hotel was good, it is very close to the beach and to a bike rental place and I think we figured it to be about 6 blocks from the boardwalk which for the price I don't think is all that bad. This hotel is not the awful place that it is made out to be, I would not write this if it were not true we took children to stay there with us and if it were that bad we would not have stayed. if your looking for an inexpensive nice place to stay with nice amenities this hotel was a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Newlyweds091507
There are newer reviews for Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn

Reviewed August 17, 2009

My family was staying in a house nearby, and my boyfreind and I wanted to spend time with them. It was rather late notice and some of the motels that I remembered were already booked. I found the Yankee Clipper on a list and thought the location was great. I remembered the name and sign of the motel from when I was a child visiting WW Crest. Apparently nothing has changed at the Yankee Clipper since I was a child...and I mean nothing. The furniture, the bedding, the light fixtures were all over 30 years old. The room smelled like disinfectant. Frankly, I wanted to cry when we arrived. The beds were awful. I hardly slept. I put on a sweatshirt and pajama pants so that no part of my body would touch the mattress. The sheets were threadbare and barely fit the mattress, so as soon as you moved the mattress was exposed. The bed was also as hard as a rock. The airconditioner had two settings it seemed - icy or hot. The girls did as good as can be expected cleaning and I would not say it was dirty per se....it's just everything was old and falling apart. No amount of cleaning can fix the qualiity of the sheets and mattress and 35 year old bathroom tile. It also had the cheapest toilet seat I ever saw in my life. It was such cheap plastic that it looked dirty and as if it might crack in half if you sat on it. I didn't even know that such cheap toilet seats were even made. The towels were so rough you could sand wood with them. When checking out early, the woman asked if there was a problem with the room (as if she doesn't know what the problems with her rooms are). I told her the bedding needed to be upgraded. I could have gone on for a half hour but what would be the point. I am quite certain they are well aware of how little effort and money they put into maintaining this place. Shame on the Yankee Clipper!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Finley29
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This hotel has a good location and a good price, but you get what you pay for. Our room was relatively clean, however the beds were like laying on a piece of plywood with a blanket over it. VERY uncomfortable. We had only planned to stay one night and that was good because I could not have slept in that bed another night. The postives were that the pool was nice and there is a little mini-golf course for kids.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jerseybeachfan
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I have been staying at the Wildwoods for 30 years now - can still remember as a kid staying at the Admiral East Motel. The Yankee Clipper - where do I start??? I have never seen a hotel with so many ''NO" signes all over the place. No eating at picnic tables, No running, No playing, No swimming, No Laughing, No Happines!!! From the moment I walked in to check in you just got the feeling they didn't want you there?? The rooms by far were the dirtiest, smelliest rooms I have every stayed in at the Wildwoods, not to mention the furniture in general looks like it they purchased them in the early 80's and never upgraded. We could not unpack our bags cuase the drawers were stuck and when we finally forced them open smelled like someone or something died it them...
I am a frequent traveler and I have stayed in 5 star hotels and I have stayed at hotel 8's and quite honestly I would rather stay at a hotel 8 then stay here again...

To the owners of this hotel - if you should happen to read this review, do yourself a favor and take some courses on hotel hospitality - you really need it..

3  Thank sha1969
Reviewed July 8, 2009

been staying in wildwood for over 25 years... BY FAR the worst hotel EVER. as i was checking in, the lady was speaking ill of my brother even though i told her many times she was talking about my brother.... when i walked into my room i was so disgusted... it smelled like bug spray and the drawers smelled like moldy basement. when i told them, the man who managed didnt even smell the drawer, he sent the poor maid to smell it while he stood there being a jerk about it... the way they "cleaned it"? with some disinfectant spray... nice cleaning... i couldnt even unpack and honestly didnt want to... bugs were all over the room walls and the hangers were rusty wire hangers... the 2nd night there- guess what we found... BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when we told the management, they literally just stood there saying that we were lying over and over, even though we had killed two and brought them to show them... not only did they not care that i was a paying customer that found BED BUGS in my bed, but they didnt seem to care that they could have an infestation problem in their hotel. they told us they never had issues like this before. i see from these reviews that they sing that song often! i wish i knew about this website before we booked there.... we took the sheets off the beds in our room and they were absolutely disgusting. we ended up sleeping in our CAR that night...when i went the next morning to get a refund, they didnt even give me a refund for the night i slept in my car and the lady told me she didnt care where i slept! the man was a complete jerk from the start and never should have even considered renting that room out. it was not fit for guests! other cons? YES! the pool is freezing and doesnt even smell like chlorine... the chairs pool side are very old and uncomfortable.. you cant even eat at the tables that are next to the grill... they dont have an iron in the room nor do they even offer one at the front desk... the bathrooms are disgusting and the bedding is gross. dont stay here unless you want to stay in a hotel that has a million "NO" signs all over the place, dirty rooms and rude management.

3  Thank martymar76
YankeeClipperMotel, Owner at Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

We had the entire motel check for bed bugs because one of our neighbors had the problem. We came up CLEAN!! As a precautionary measure, we replaced all mattresses and box springs in the entire motel. Our mattresses and box springs have always been solid turquoise in color, not the striped turquoise pictured in this defamatory listing. Deliberately posting innacurate information about any motel/establishment either by a competitor or guest is considered fraudulent. We at Yankee Clipper are committed to seeing that all our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay with us. As is evident by looking at the other reviews, we have quite a few excellent reviews from repeat guests. Many more than the few false defamatory reviews that have been entered. I find martymar's review unbelieveable given the fact that she returned the following day and stayed in her father's room and her family had two other rooms and had no complaints. The only complaint martymar had was that her other family members had large family suite and she had rented the basic motel room.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

the man and woman in the front office were rude & unprofessional and obviously shouldn't be in the hotel business, they said that they didn't accept credit cards but i watched them take a credit card from someone then go on a rant about why they tell people that they don't. the room was dark and musty, the minute i opened the door i was unhappy, the dresser drawer smelled like mold and the room smelled like bug spray, when we complained the man from the front desk came to the room with a maid and he was upset as if he was angry at me for the condition of the room and angrily asks "what is it?" so he has the maid spray the drawer and insists the smell in the room is paint, which to me isn't better, this room shouldn't smell like anything and shouldn't have been rented to anyone, the floor was uneven, stains on the mattresses (Urine?), the furniture was very outdated, housekeeping was terrible, no iron or microwave, outdated dirty furniture, had a problem with BEDBUGS and the management insisted we were lying because we were unhappy with the room and somehow brought the bugs into the room, they were absolutely insane, got into a heated argument with the owner and got kicked out of the hotel so i slept in my car because i had to wait for the morning to get a refund for the remaining days. took my refund and checked into the Fleur De Lis across the street and explained my situation and the management was more than courteous, they accommodated me more than i could have ever asked. they washed my clothes for me and vacuumed and sprayed my luggage, the rest of my trip was salvaged thanks to fleur de lis and their awesome staff, i just wish i would have stayed there the whole trip instead of having 2 miserable days at the yankee clipper. please stay away from the yankee clipper, its like prison. there's a barbecue grill and a set of tables but there's a sign that says no dining, its the NO hotel there's a sign telling you that you cant do everything that you would possibly want to do. everything gets locked up at 7pm and doesnt open till 10am. this hotel is horrible, that's the only word i can think of to describe it.

4  Thank CRBDRK
Reviewed June 30, 2009

lets start off website is not accurate we saw the game room and said yes miss pacman and the pool had a diving board cool but when we got there no game room said it been closed for awile and there was no diving board even if u wanted to swim u had to be out of the pool by 7 pm no late night swims till 9 pm like outher hotels there are 2 grills to cook on but u have 15min to get done and u cant sit down at the table to eat you have to go to your room to eat. games for the kids well they dont open till 10 am
and yes 7pm turn in so after that your kids will be board now thats the out side lets go into the hotel were do u start ice after a long day of walking the boardwalk u sit down for a drink and the ice machine is locked up at 9 pm after all that u sit out on the balcony and the lights go out at 1045 pm well ok what ever now in the room bring with u your own sheets and towels the towels they provide are like sandpaper sheets are hard too course the beds are worn out and old if u like sleeping on rocks we had to buy bleach to clean the bathroom before we used it aircondition worked only in back room main room was allwas hot im my opion sleeping on the beach would be better oh and parking bring old car becuse u will have your doors ding by outher people who dont care if they hit your door with theres the cleaning ladys take there time took them all day to get to my room to empty the garbage slow this place kills me got me once never again and there are so many rules u cant do anything

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family