“it's alright”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn
Ranked #60 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
West Orange, NJ
Reviewed July 19, 2004

The pictures and decor are a little outdated but that may be the only thing wrong with the Yankee Clipper. The pool is wonderful, and the mini-golf course,ping-pong tables, and game room are always ways to have fun. It is also a very short walk to the boardwalk and right on the beach. I would recomend the Yankee Clipper to anyone.

Kingston,NY
Reviewed July 13, 2004

This is going to be my second year staying at the Yankee Clipper and this has to be one of the best vacations ever... the motel is great and everyone there is so nice... don't listen or bother with the families that say bad things about this motel, they're just stuck up and can't enjoy themselves. Just because the rooms are a little dated still makes me feel comfortable with staying there. My brother, sister, and myself love the pool and the balconies. (which ..by the way is a great place to get a tan)The staff is so great and makes your feel welcome.There's even a game room and miniature golfing to keep us busy. I personnally love it because it is so close to the boardwalk. I highly recommend staying at the Yankee Clipper!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
rockaway, nj
Reviewed July 12, 2004

After reading all these reviews about how "bad" the Yankee clipper is, I had to write. My family and i have been staying at the Yankee clipper for 15 years, and NEVER had a problem! Our rooms and linens are ALWAYS clean! My oldest daughter was only 3 yrs old when we started to stay there, and "the women behind the counter " was and still is VERY PLEASANT to her and her younger sister. Could the problem any of you had with this place be unruley kids, or your snotty rude attitudes ?

Reviewed July 5, 2004

I went to the Yankee Clipper for the 4th of July.
From the outside it seemed like a decent motel, but from the inside it was very dark and not clean looking.
I do agree Everything needs to be updated and it probably would be a nice place to stay,
The owner seemed more uptight about getting her money, then how her guests may feel once they were there.
The towels and blankets and sheets were so old and faded looking and the chairs with the table were rusty!!!! You couldnt even sit on them......The place had furniture from 1970, which is fine but it was all old and broken down. The garbage can had a hole in it.
I'm so glad I brought some of my own linens. But for that money I shouldnt have to.
The owner said to my husband you hold the key to the best room, And I believe she thinks that!! YIKES what does the worst room look like....I mean if I needed a room so so bad Id go there but maybe not...
..Anyway we made the best of it you could see the fire works from our room which was nice, but we left a day early, in the middle of the night because we could not bare sleeping on that hard bed,where you feel the springs coming out.
I paid good money and certianly couldnt get it back and I wouldnt want anyone to go through that. we felt mislead .....Beware.....

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Scranton, PA
Reviewed June 20, 2004

My family and I have just returned form a wonderful vacation at the Yankee Clipper Resort Motel in Wildwood Crest. We were close to both the beach and the boardwalk. The staff and management were more than accommodating. Being 7 months pregnant my doctor was very concerned about me traveling and I will say it was a very relaxing trip. The hotel was clean, has a great view and for being warm outside the room was nice and cool and comfortable. I would recommend this Motel very highly.

Lincoln Park, NJ
Reviewed February 26, 2004

We keep returning each year to the Yankee Clipper because we feel it represents true value. It is always clean, close to the beach, and the kids love the pool. The room decor may be a little dated, but never shabby. The view is nice (ocean, beach and ballfield across the road) and it has a northern exposure, which means shade after you get off the beach. Can't beat the Yankee Clipper in WWC for the money.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 24, 2004

My family has been vacationing at the Yankee Clipper every year since 1992. For the past 6 years, my beach house buddies from 25 years ago have been staying there with there families as well, and it is as much fun as going to the Playpen was. (Well, almost.) It's great to sit on the balcony with a couple of brews and watch a little league game before heading out for the evening.

4  Thank MikeNancyL