“Feces under the bed!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn
Ranked #58 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Feces under the bed!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at this hotel. And let me say this was a complete disaster. It was my husband and our three kids and our grand child. The rooms were very out dated and dirty. When you first walk in where the pool is there's signs everywhere. A sign not to run , a sign not to play, a sign not to use any marinades, a sign not to use the ice machine. These people are sign happy. Are tv kept shutting off and we had to have them come back in and fix the tv. There was a horrible odor in the room. It smelled horrible. We let it go the first night. The second night it kept getting worse. So my husband went down to tell them about the smell and the manager flipped out and said we don't need people like you here.and attempted to through us out. So we did some investigating for ourself to find out someone had took a poop on there towel and shoved it under the bed! Gretchen the maid said she smelled something before but she swears she cleaned the room to their standards. And the owner said that she would talk to her husband and let us know if we could get a refund. Conveniently it was the day we were leaving. We later called her and she basically said we can shove it and we could contact a lawyer. How disgusting. Please never stay in this hotel. You never know what could be lurking underneath of your bed. And they don't give two craps about you!

• Stayed August 2011
10 Thank huntersmomma15

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I read the reviews after we stayed here for a few days and we laughed so hard because all the poor/terrible reviews are absolutely correct. This place doesn't just need an overhaul. Someone needs to take a bulldozer to this joint and plough it over and start from the ground up. The furniture is so old I would have figured they bought it at a garage sale. The bathroom was like a visit to the twilight zone. I had no confidence the toilet would flush, I had to say a prayer first.

The room features air conditioning. Hooray! However, the wall unit (no central air here) only cools off the back room. The air does not reach the front room making this area 10-15 degrees warmer. The AC is so loud, it sounds like a mac truck coming through. So, you have an important choice to make. Should you sleep through a loud air conditioner in the back room and keep cool through the night or sleep in the front room where it's more quiet but warmer? I chose to sleep in the back room and wear ear plugs.

Oh yes, you got to love the signs all over the outside pool area about what you can't do. You can't do this and you can't do that. Now I know what prison feels like. My wife and I wanted to go around and take a picture of every sign with one of us in it just for the heck of it. There's picnic tables outside near the pool, but one of the signs says you cannot eat on them, so I'm not sure what the picnic tables are for. Big mystery I was not able to uncover.

The towels they give you would suit better for dish rags. Bring your own. And for that matter, bring your own microwave, clock, iron, and hangers. None of these things exist here. I should have either stayed home or bought my house to this motel.

Ladies and gents, the moral of the story here is spend the extra money and go to another motel that is less stressful and provides you the amenities you deserve. Yankee Clipper...Joe Dimagio would role over in his grave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Michael B

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This motel is outdated and substandard even for Wildwood's low standards. The bathroom is blue (sink, tub, toilet, tile, everything). The sink may be original, from the 50s. The floor had a large bump in it. You had to leave a $10.00 deposit for the remote for the 25 year old tv. The furniture was extremely outdaed and ws roughly 25-30 years old. The room had a smell of grandparents home (not in a good way). My 67 year old parents who have been vacationing at Wildwood since they were born said that this was the worst place that they have ever stayed. BTW this motel is over $100.00 a night.

Now to the rules- The pool area and lounge area is littered with signs that inform the hotel guest of what not to do. I thought I was on vacation. You are not allowed to eat outside (seriously), You are not allowed to cannonball, You are are only allowed to grill certain foods, You are not allowed to grill foods with bbq sauce, You can only use the grill for 20 minutes, etc.., etc.. What a joke.

It is no wonder with motels like the Yankee Clipper that Wildwood has such a bad reputation. If Wildwood motels like the Yankee Clipper don't clean up there act, they will lose a whole generation of vacation goers to nearby shore points. The sad thing is, I don't think they care.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank John A
South Orange, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I went to Wildwood with my family for my birthday. When we first got into the room, my mom checked out the bathroom and discovered that the shower curtain has mold on it. My dad went to get the manager and they apologized and came up and changed the shower curtain. my mom plugged in the refrigerator and it sparked! The wall are so thin that you can hear what is going on in the next door. My sister and i tested out the beds and they were hard as a rock. My brother slept on the pull out bed and the next morning, he discovered that there was a stain on his sheet! It was so hot that my dad had to go out to by fans. The AC really didn't do anything. My family was at the pool one afternoon and the "mini-golf course" was next to the pool. A little boy had a metal golf club and the manager's wife came out and screamed at the boy saying "You have to use the plastic clubs!" and snatched it out of his hands. The boy burst into tears and his mom said that they will never stay there again. The pool closes at 6PM. You can't even cannonball off the diving board. We had out towels on the rail drying and the manager's wife came by and ripped them off. I will never stay there again because it is a terrible motel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Laura T
Lansford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at the Yankee Clipper for the first time during Roar to the Shore Bike Week. Although the Motor Inn is very dated, it is very clean. We had 3 room for three families and all of us observed the housekeeping and maintenance crews constantly working on the property. Yes the furniture is outdated and worn and bathrooms could use an update, but the mattresses and carpeting looked new. The play area (ping pong tables, mini golf and pool) kept the kids busy. The baseball field right across the street was popular with the boys as well.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so request a ground floor room if you can do steps! We stayed on the third f...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mrszman
East Worcester, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2011

after reading all these negative reviews,these reviewers think they are going to get the plaza for this price.its dated,yea but cheap and clean enough to shower,sleep and eat.they need to add a microwave,but thats preety much our(my familys)only complaint.!before you commit (pay)for a new hotel ,,ask to see the room and dont be shy,lift a matress,run the shower.....this place has a nice ping-pong table and miniature golf.my family LOVED it.frank and wife are very accomadating.

Room Tip: always inspect the room ANYWHERE you never stayed before!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank subway615
Aston, PA
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My wife and I have visited the Yankee Clipper every summer since we honeymooned there thirty-one years ago. It was tall we could afford at that time. We have stayed there every summer each of the following years eventhough for the last 15 of so we could afford to stay in any lodging in Wildwood or Wildwood Crest. I have never seen a single bed bug in all that time, and I know they have replaced the mattresses a minimum of six times in that period. The picture that supposedly shows bed bugs has two white specks on the corner of a mattress. Bed bugs are light brown to dark reddish brown in color. I have never seen or heard of a white one. I did hear about three years ago that a nearby motel had bed bugs, but the Yankee clipper never did. The rooms have always been consistently clean. Due to dietary restrictions, I don't often eat at restaurants and the kitchen area has always been clean and properly stocked to make whatever I want (need) to eat. The pool is always crystal clear and inviting. I did, once, run into an odor in the room, but, after tracking it down, discovered it was a towel I had brought and taken to the beach the day before. Everyone from the people staying there to the owners always seem very happy to be there. If you are going to the beach to stay in the room, I would probably recommend going to Atlantic City and staying in a casino. If you are going to the beach to go on the boardwalk and the beach and stay in clean, family oriented lodging, I can highly and confidently recommend Yamkee Clipper Resort Motor Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple