“"We just keep coming back..."”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Astronaut Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Astronaut Motel
Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Johnson City
“"We just keep coming back..."”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2005

My family has been staying at the Astronaut every June for about 11 years...it now has become a big family tradition, aunt, uncles, cousins,grandparents, and we have met some very nice families that are there from year to year. Even though the kids are now teenagers, they still look forward to going. This year we are even working it around 2 graduations!! Ed and Donna do a great job with the motel, very clean and well maintained! Great hospitality!!

• Stayed June 2004
1 Thank Kathleen P

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rochester N.Y.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2004

The Astronaut Motel is a great family run Motel. The rooms and pool are always neat, clean, and well cared for. The owner is always available if needed. Great value for the money. Above average for the New Jersey Shore!

5 Thank Dang2
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2004

Just had a great weekend at the Astronaut 5/14-5/17/04 great rate, clealiness gets an A+. Hope to get back several more times before the cold weather returns. Hats off to Ed and family.

• Stayed January 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2004

I've been staying at the Astronaut during the Elks Convention since 1994. Ed and Donna keep the hotel marvelously and are really nice people. The rooms are clean and they are kept up-to-date on repairs. The pool is spotless and they keep the grounds clean too. The same maids have been working there since I can remember and that says alot about the management. I have stayed in the smaller units and the "condo" style, 3rd floor units. While the condo units are definitely the most spacious, all of the units are clean and neat. Most of the people I've encountered there (besides my fellow Elks) are repeat customers who return each year during the same time period. Someday, when my career settles down, I'll be one of those!

3 Thank NanCeeG
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2003

During a recent stay - my family and I were singled out by the manager, stereotyped as some kind of "rowdy biker group". One person had a motorcycle and the rest of us have been going there for years. Why the sudden discrimination?? Letters have been sent to the motel association as well as the chamber of commerce!! Never will I stay there again and be made to feel unwelcomed. I'd rather take my $280 and throw it out of my car window while driving down Rt. 55!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2003

We discovered this wonderful little place quite by accident. The Astronaut is a wonderful, clean, well-managed place to bring your family. Our experience there turned what could have been a disaster into the best vacation ever! It is right on the beach and is everything it claims to be. Thank you, Ed and Donna for a great vacation at the Astronaut.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Milford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2003

The Astronaut is one of the best on-the-beach motels in Wildwood Crest. We have been going to Wildwood Crest since the early 80s and happened to find this hidden gem and have been staying there for at least ten years. I am fearful of writing a good review since many do not know of the Astronaut except for mostly repeat customers who have been going there for years, and I am afraid our little secret spot will be unhidden. Ed and Donna are wonderful and take great pride in managing their motel beautifully and offering not fancy but relatively modern and meticulously clean accommodations--some of their maids have worked for them for multiple repeat seasons, which says a lot. They do not allow kids without parents--hence, no teenagers destroying the place on prom weekend. Top floor which is nearly impossible to book, offers large leased condominium-style rooms with full-size kitchens. Views are beautiful and they are facing South, which is the best. Staying at the motels are better than the large elevator-style places as it is just a quick walk down six steps to the beautiful safe sandy Wildwood Crest beaches. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Book a year ahead to guarantee your room.

14 Thank cheereeo70