“Very large clean room for a very decent price”

Biscayne Family Resort
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Westbury, New York
“Very large clean room for a very decent price”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed over Memorial Day weekend. We had the large 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. It was very nice. Pros - large size, clean, reasonable price, the man at the front desk even ran across the street to find us a newspaper with a list of entertainment venues for the evening. Cons - a few more amenities in the rooms would be helpful (shampoo, paper towels for kitchen, dishwasher soap, etc.) but I realize those would add to the cost of the room. I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars more, but there are probably plenty of people who would complain. Also, less bleach in the white sheets if possible. Final con and it had nothing to do with the resort - it was so cold that weekend we couldn't go swimming even in the heated pool. But we found lots to do in Cape May and Wildwood.

Yes, I would definitely stay here again. They do have rules, but if they didn't it wouldn't be as nice.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I had not been on vacation together in about 5 years.were looking for a place to relax and spend some much needed time together. We were quite impressed with the customer service. Everyone was very friendly and made us feel at home. We got great advice about where to eat and sight see. We brought back brochures for friends of ours who are also looking for some time away from the children, job and stress of everyday life. I definitely plan on returning before the close of the season. I can't wait!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pineville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family and I visited the Biscayne for Memorial Day weekend and had a great time! We were here last year and loved it. The rooms are clean, the staff super friendly, and it's super close to the beach! Everything about the Biscayne is wonderful, we had such a great weekend that we made reservations for a week in August!

Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Love the Biscayne Motel!!! Been going there with my family for years!!!!! Ps didnt mean to put terrible for fitness but don't know how to change it. It's in the perfect location and the staff is great!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 27, 2013

There are two good things that I can say about the Biscayne Motel (Biscayne Family Resort
7807 Atlantic Avenue, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260). The first is that it is a few hundred feet from the beach and the second is that the rooms are kept clean. Prior to paying for our room, the customer service was excellent. Patrick called me back every time I left a message and he even agreed to allow my family check-in before my husband and I arrived since they lived in New Jersey and would arrive before us. When it came time for my family to check-in, the lady at the front desk wouldn't allow them to check-in. They had to wait at the front desk until I arrived at 10:30pm. I called on our last night there and left a message for Patrick to return my call. I didn't get a call back so I had to call the following morning. Patrick denied that my family had to wait in the waiting area and lied that he was there when they checked-in. I didn't even know what to say because I was in such shock of how untrue that was. I even had to tell him that I hadn't met him so he surely wasn't there when they checked-in. I then requested a later check-out due to the late check-in and the inconvenience that my family had to go through. Patrick stated that people are coming in but if I wanted to pay for extra we could stay. This was another lie because if another family was checking in, how would the room be available for me to pay extra for. Needless to say, this is our last time coming here. I really thought that I was paying more for the customer service but that is not the case at all. BTW: Bring your own shampoo/conditioner, iron, ironing board and paper towels if you need to use them and the beds are very uncomfortable. If you get a really good deal and don't care about customer service or the amenities, this is the place for you. We didn't get what we paid for and it's very disappointing and embarrassing because I hosted our vacation this year. I should have taken the advice of others and not stayed here. When we return next year, we will be staying elsewhere.

5 Thank Stella W
tcbtcb08
Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you are staying in the Wildwood/Cape May area this is a great place if you want friendly folks and a clean place at a great price. We have been staying here for over 7 years when we visit our son and his family in Cape May. Patrick and the staff are great people. It's layed back and easy. And I mean clean. Hope you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tcbtcb08
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ive been going for 3 years and it is an amazing place for families. you will love it! The location is right across the street from a park and a block away from the ocean. It is family owned and the staff is very nice. They update the model frequently and always do a great job cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed July 2012
#1 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#10 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Biscayne Family Resort? Share your experiences!