“Can't beat the price!”

Gold Crest Motel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Can't beat the price!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I gave the motel 4 stars based mostly on price and friendliness of staff.
The woman at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. She even came out and chatted with us before the business went underway. The gentleman who worked on the property (maybe the Building and Grounds or Maintenance guy?) was honestly one of the best members of the staff. He probably deserves a raise...no really I mean that with no affiliation or prior knowledge, don't even remember the man's name he was just that hard of a worker. He was constantly walking around and cleaning up, sometimes having to clean up after other people and he was on top of it, he cleaned the pool often, asked us if we needed anything, asked us if we wanted the umbrellas up and basically jumped at the chance to help us during our stay. We stayed over Memorial Day weekend so while it wasn’t packed it was busy too!

The room...it had a new tv and was fairly clean, some dust you wouldn’t expect for start of season but the main areas were definitely clean. I know because I always reclean everything and my papertowels came away clean from the bathroom, sink, counter and table and dresser tops. The room was a good size, we stayed in the double room so we had room for 6. While it is odd to have a bed in the living room, it was nicer than a pull out would have been to sleep on. We let the kids sleep in the room and then took the living room/bed for ourselves. The kitchenette was very small but adequate. I wished for a couple inches more of counter space but it was nice to have the kitchenette so I will let that go. Small microwave but also nice to have. The fridge was clean and full size.
The biggest con and really the only con is that the rooms could use some updating but I did say you couldn’t beat the price and this is most likely why. Sometime into our stay we did notice a musty-ish odor that we didn't initially notice, I think bc they probably take care of this when they do the initial cleaning. I would also point this at the room probably just needs updating. We did not choose the daily maid service so I guess that's why it caught up with us. The cleaning lady did come by and ask us but we mainly just got supplies off of her. I would suggest requesting daily maid service and if we stayed again would probably do so. The room double locks and the adjoining rooms do get a bit noisy when the doors slam coming and going but we had an older couple on one side so they were great and the other side, though younger and a bit noisier really wasn't that bad. You can sort of hear through the walls but I've experienced this before in other hotels.
Mini golf is now free and so is Wi-fi, not a great connection though. Motel probably just needs a stronger router or placed in a more central location. I am betting it is the router though since I got a good signal from the place across the street.

Gold Crest motel is across the street from the beach and about 12 blocks from the boardwalk. All in all we were happy with our stay.

Thanks Gold Crest Motel!

Room Tip: First floor may be more convenient because the stairs are concrete slabs. Double room with kitchenet...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Califon, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We vacationed here the first week of August 2013. The rooms were clean and the location was great -- nice view of the ocean (located just in front of the "CREST" sign of Wildwood Crest). The walk to the ocean was pretty good for the Wildwoods... not too far. Kids loved tubing and boogie boarding on the surf and kite flying; we enjoyed the pool; families bbq'd each day/night poolside (we'll do that next year). The trolley was at the corner beside our hotel each night; Thursday there was a band at the "CREST" sign (not to mention, constant sport/recreational activities there: football, wiffle ball, soccer, bocce ball, biking and more -- which we enjoyed watching all of that from the 2nd floor sundeck which has a great view). And Fridays there are fireworks on the boards. The kids loved the Raging Waters water park. This place is perfect for families with kids. Also, the staff was friendly and helpful. Both Kathys (the owner and the manager) helped us during our stay. We enjoyed it so much, we stayed an extra night (and they were very accommodating.) Thank you for the great memories! We'll be back again. Jeff, Anna, Jessie and Kelly

Room Tip: There are only three floors, but the view is great from the third floor! We loved it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JeffAnna
Longueuil, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The place is nice and the spot is perfect! We were there with friends and family and we want to come back next year! We had a nice show just in front of the motel. Don't eaven have to cross the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I spend 2 weeks each year at this motel since 2009. We love the place! The rooms are clean, the staff and owners are very friendly, the pool is big, they have a miniput and ping pong tables. The kids love it too! The Centennial Park in front of the hotel is a great park where older kids can also go play as you watch them from the motel deck, looking at the same time at the ocean in the background of the park. On wednesday and saturday night there are live music band playing in the park from 7:30 to 9:30. It brings a cool ambiance to chat with family and friends on the deck. We have so many memories of fun and good times there. I recommand this place whitout any hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013
Saint-Lambert, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This summer trip was our first one at the Gold Crest. We had a wonderful experience. The owners are very nice and dedicated.

You really feel like home at the Gold Crest.

The location is great. Just in front of the Centennial Park you can listen to music shows twice a week. Really close from the beach you can pack up your lunch and chairs on your back and walk to beach in a few minutes.

Shoud be there next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Gold Crest over the week-end. We would definitely stay there again. In fact, we commented that we may come back next summer for a long weekend with the family and grandkids. The rooms are dated, but I am not going to Wildwood Crest to sit in my room. The room was clean, the desk staff were friendly. Bed was actually comfortable. We only stayed one night, so did not really take advantage of any of the amenities. Close to the beach. Was concerned when I saw the band starting up in the park, but they only played until about 10 PM. As I said, would not hesitate to return or recommend to friends or family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, PA
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Gold Crest Motel is a great place to stay on vacation. It is clean, close to the beach. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The pool and mini golf course add to the enjoyment of the hotel. My kids love it too. We will definitely be back for a visit again soon. It is a great experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family