“Never Again!!!!”

Coliseum Ocean Resort
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The only good thing about my stay at the Coliseum was that it was right on the beach. I think the owner should consider hiring a new manager and staff. They didn't seem to show any pride or interest in their jobs. EVERYTHING was outdated. The entire place was dirty inside and out. If you are going to call it a RESORT than make it look like one. The palm trees outside were all dead. For God's sake get new ones. They aren't that expensive. The soda machine didn't work. The pool area was dirty and uninviting. The cushions on the pool chairs were stained and faded. The gate to the pool didn't close properly. A danger if you have small children. Needless to say we never used the pool. There was so much dust on the floor around my bed. I was afraid to go to sleep. The shower curtain had mold on it. I was afraid to take a shower. We booked the trip with our family. We had 2 rooms but only 1 parking spot. We had to walk 2 blocks to get to our car. I could go on and on...I spent a lot of money and was very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank roxann c
There are newer reviews for Coliseum Ocean Resort

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The rooms are very veryyy small. No closets & nowhere to hang wet towels/bathing suits. The bathrooms & kitchens are outdated. The floor area around the refrigerator had rust stains. Bathroom shower curtain & tiles had mildew. Floors were filthy. Pool was tiny & the lounge chairs had cushions from 1980. Parking is limited & the spots are very tight. The only positive comment i can make about this place is the location. I would never recommend staying here & will never go back.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Stephanie3580
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was our first stay at the Coliseum and I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the rooms were. Bathroom was small but efficient. We had a small kitchenette with an apt size refrigerator.Everyone was friendly and accommadating. There was a volleyball net for the kids in the sand and the hotel was close to the beach. If I had one complaint it would be the language barrier with some of the staff. Most of them are from Russia. And only a few can speak English. That was the only downfall to our vacation but the manager at the front desk was pleasant and answered all of our questions . We will return !!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went to Wildwood to spend a few days of beach,sun and fun and that is exactly what we got. The hotel is not a 5 star hotel but they are not advertising themselves as such. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, the pool is not an olympic one but its not too small, the pizza/ice cream place is allright. What I loved about this hotel was its LOCATION!! Its a few steps away from the beach!! The beach was not crowded at all during our stay so it was great. Also, the staff is very nice, they even let us leave our car in the parking lot after we checked out. Overall we had a great experience and would def come back if we could get a good deal in the room (kinda overpriced)

Room Tip: Smaller room is more than enough for 5 people.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The place was so dirty. As I walked in there were tons of flies and the floor was wet, which I was told was from the refrigerator. The bathroom was too small. There was sand everywhere,including the bed sheets a d pillows. There supposedly had a one car rule for each guest but when I came back from the boardwalk there was only one spot left next the the end wall and I had to climb into the passengers seat to get out. I went through the rows of cars and noticed many cars without a permit and management was not checking either so future wildwood vacationers, if you need to park at a random motel, I'm sure you won't get towed. When my boyfriend went to complain about our room, the woman just had a dumb look in her face. I'm sure we were not the first to complain nor the last.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Tempo35
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is was a disappointing motel experience. The bedding was old and stained. The light in the shower kept going on and off. Pull-out couch had crumbs on the mattress pad when we pulled it out to make the bed. The towels were dingy and needed to be replaced. Parking spaces so close you couldn't get out of your car when parked. WiFi did not work in the room and front desk did nothing to help when we reported it. The place needs a total renovation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan M
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Over all it wasn't a bad place, How ever the Showers sucked I can spit further than the water streamed out, And the Parking was not good if you stay out late and return to motel at 12AM your out of luck suppose to have parking spots for each room. Not! Thought it was a bit high priced for what you got!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family