“Terrible Service for Seniors!”

Bristol Plaza Motel
Ranked #57 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Northern New Jersey
“Terrible Service for Seniors!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

First of all, I had to rate this establishment as terrible. It was actually worse than terrible but terrible was the lowest rating I could give. Had I read the reviews prior to making my reservation, I would have NEVER booked this place. The room was tiny, the refrigerator was right next to the bed so we couldn't sleep, and "on the beach" meant "hike to the ocean". My wife and I are in our late 80's and there was no way we could have ever walked to the beach/ocean (we were told it was "right there"). Sleep was impossible due to the number of young children running around and screaming. When we advised the manager that we needed to check out early due to all of these issues, we requested a refund for the unused nights and were told "no way". When I told my daughter about this, she made a call to the manager on our behalf to see if maybe she could get them to work with us on this issue. The manager didn't even have the decency to get on the phone; didn't have the guts to, I'm sure. He had the office manager call back to tell my daughter that when we checked out, they helped us with our bags and we "seemed very happy". Of course we were happy!!! We were going home to some peace and quiet! We would absolutely NOT recommend this place to anyone. Not only is the place awful, the people who manage it are awful, too. Good news is ... I've found in life that karma always has a way of making things right and I have no doubt that the management of this place will reap what they have sown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank goldpawz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Well, we chose this place at the last minute because our favorite Crest Hotel was not available. What can I say, room was so so, lumpy beds, very cramped bedroom. We stayed in a 2 room efficiency. The nice thing was that there were two small couches in the living room, thankfully, since there were 4 of us. Kitchen table had 4 chairs, one of them was bent so no one could sit in it, so only 3 chairs were usable. The refrigerator was very old, but worked well, except for the broken shelf that we had to take out and store everything in the drawer. Very old and outdated kitchen cabinets, one was loose and hung down and hit the microwave. Very little silverware, only 3 knives and 4 forks, 1 spatula. No tongs, no large bowls in the cabinet.

The pool area was another disappointment. They store the jugs of chlorine for the pool right under the steps that everyone walks on, didn't seem to safe and not very pleasing to the eye. I did not see anyone outside after the pool closed cleaning up or hosing anything down. There was food on the ground everywhere. The tiles on the pool are old and nasty dirty, what there was of them. A lot of the tiles were missing also. Bottom of the pool has a bad texture and there was no room on the pool deck between the edge of the pool and the chairs, very dangerous for children walking through there. Definitely could of used more tables and chairs, but there is no room for them, there is only one table with an umbrella by the pool. Huge deck on the second floor, great views, but the tacky astro turf needs to go.

The one thing that is so neat about Wildwood Crest is the motel signs all lit up at night, the pool lights on, the lights all around the hotel. Bristol's sign was only half lit, so it just says Plaza and the pool lights were never on. I will say that I am a sucker for the fake palm trees all over the Crest Motels. And the Bristol has them. Parking was extremely tight, more than the other motels around. The one thing that really skeeved us was that the staff used the luggage carts to bring the trash bags up and down on the elevator with other guests. Huge turnoff.

Great location right on the beach, awesome views and the staff was extremely friendly. Nice big flat screen tv in the living area, terrible reception on the bedroom tv, also their wireless internet is unsecured, so thankfully, we know the owners of a gorgeous, clean motel right near the Bristol and they let us connect to their internet. Game room was in an alcove and I didn't feel safe leaving my kids in there alone. Only had one operation washing machine, the other one was out of order, again these were in a dark dingy alcove. Only 1 ice machine for a five story Motel, didn't quite understand that one. Most places have one on every floor, so for us there were a lot of inconveniences.

All in all, we did enjoy our stay, hey, we were in the Crest, but I would not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure everything is working in your room and if not demand that someone fixes it. This motel is...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank C P
Lodi, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I visit this hotel for a couple weekend vacation, since they didn't have king bed I had to stay in a double bed room, the bed were extremely uncomfortable my boyfriend had to sleep in the other bed because the bed were uncomfortable, the sheets are hard and itchy & the comforters are old, I always visit Virginia beach for vacation but since I've heard about wildwood I desisted to visit but nothing to do with Virginia beach. If you are planning to visit I don't recommend this motel everything is old!!!!! By the way don't forget to visit UNCLE BILLS PANKAKE HOUSE DELISIOUS :)))

Room Tip: Look for a hotel or resort or at least a place that is not as old as this one!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lissette7709

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The Bristol Plaza Motel is our motel of choice whenever we decide to spend a few days in Wildwood Crest. The staff is kind and courteous and always tries to accommodate any request we may have while there. Our room was clean and neat and the room service is punctual. The location is the best. The beach is just steps away which is so convenient. Many restaurants as well as the boardwalk are within walking distance. There is bus service right outside the door if you want to go into the heart of Wildwood.

Room Tip: We like the efficiency rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jonas L
Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Hello! Thank you for reading my review. Let me start off by saying I am a frequent visitor to the Wildwoods and have been for over 2 decades so I am very familiar with the area. I was traveling with my wife and baby on the weekend of Friday April 27th. We had already checked out of the hotel we were staying at for the weekend when we decided to stay an extra night (Sunday night into Monday). Since our hotel closed for the week we decided to drive around and see if any hotel had any vacancies. Now, we looked for a moderately priced hotel which would suit our needs for an overnight stay. We called several places until we drove by the Bristol Plaza,

First, the price was unbeatable. We paid $64 for the night (plus taxes came out to about $74) for an oceantfront room with a kitchenette, refrigerator, private balcony, etc. The woman at the front desk could not have been any friendlier. She greeted us very warmly and immediately we got the sense that this was a family owned and operated motel which we definitely liked.

Once in the room, we noticed that it was a tad bit outdated. The refrigerator, cabinets, and dressers did seem a bit dated but definitely were clean and suited our needs. The carpet looked as if it could be replaced but was not dirty. Funny thing is, the TV in the room had been upgraded (about 32 inch LCD tv flat screen). The beds were clean and the bathroom was very clean. If you can, I would definitely recommend getting an ocean front room with the private balcony. The view is incredible.

The motel is about 3 blocks from the beginning of the boardwalk (at the Adventurer Motor Inn for you folks familiar with the area) and just a short ride to the first Morey's Pier.

Now keep in mind, we went in the offseason. During the season I can imagine the motel can be a little noisy since the doors are heavy and slam shut without intention and the walls seem a little thin. The lines in the parking lot are also a bit too close for comfort so with a packed lot it will be a little hard to open the doors. All in all, for the price, it definitely suited our needs. I would recommend staying here for a weekend. For anything more then a weekend, well, maybe you would be a tad more comfortable else where. Thanks for reading! Hope I could be of some help.

Room Tip: Go with the oceanfront rooms with the private balcony. Definitely worth the extra money.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Kenny G
Staten Island, NY
Reviewed August 14, 2011

You are getting an honest review here. We booked a 5 night stay. The location is perfect. It is within the first mile of the crest. 5 minute drive and you are at the rides. We arrived and check in was very easy. Ladies at the front desk were polite and helpful. We had an Oceanfront Eff. Room. The room was small, but we had a private balcony overlooking the beach. The kitchen was very old and needed to be updated. The bathrooms were recently updated, but again very tight. Overall the property is clean. Pool was warm and clean. They could use more chlorine. The air conditioners were leaking throughout the property, so every once in a while you would get water dripping off of the balconies. The parking is very tight and some people do not know what it means to park in between the white lines. we decided to stay another night and the ladies at the front desk were once again great. Our room was booked so they moved us downstairs to a 2 room eff. Once again the kitchen was old and bathroom was very tight. The room was great. Large livingroom and seperate bedroom. Would I stay here again? Yes, but there are other motels that are renovated for the same price. You are in Wildwood Crest and staying in a motel--You are not going to the Hilton!!!! Keep this in mind and you will be OK. The room are over priced everywhere, but they have only 3 months to make their money. My review says average, but it is a little above average.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank KennyGranite
Wantagh, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Have stayed at the Bristol many times. Great, clean rooms, heated pool and great staff. All rooms just got 40 inch flat panel tvs. Definitely one of the nicer hotels in Wildwood. Will stay st this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone staying in Wildwood...

• Stayed August 2011