“Very nice”

and 1 more site!
Bristol Plaza Motel
Ranked #55 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We have been to the Bristol Plaza motel for many many years and have had a wonderful experience at all times. Rooms are very nice and large. You are right at the beach and the broadwalk is about 1/2 mile if you want to walk.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hkleban

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I am planning to go to Wildwood for an annual event in early summer. I will stay at the Bristol Plaza Motel in Wildwood Crest. I have been here on a few occasions, most recently in June of 2010, and found it to be just what I need. This is the perfect place for a long weekend or a longer stay if that is what you require. Wildwood is all about nostalgia for me. I like the feel of the place. Being one of the few motels left that is right on the ocean is a definite plus. It is located in quiet Wildwood Crest, which I like. It also has a pool and a nice sun deck if you do not want to go to the beach, although the beautiful beach has to be a highlight of any trip to Wildwood Crest. It is also easy to get to the Boardwalk and other attractions from here. This place seems to have a loyal following, both families and as well as seniors such as me can find the right accommodations here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The owners of the Bristol Plaza Motel should be ashamed of themselves. I have been vacationing in Wildwood Crest since I was a teenager and this was by far my worst & most dissapointing experience ever. We stayed in an efficency and both the living room and the bedroom were filthy. There was a huge accumulation of dust & debris on the ceiling fan in the bedroom and the carpets looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in months, nor did any vacuuming get done during our stay. The dishes that were stored in the kitchenette were dirty with caked on food on our arrival.
The staff seemed not to care or be bothered by any of this. And one of the office workers had the audacity to come to our room and ask my Husband to move his car at almost midnight because "the car was slightly on the white line" were her exact words, and this was not true at all. This is not a family freindly Motel. I would never stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank deonicialiuzzi
Reviewed September 7, 2010

we were very well pleased at our stay at bristol plaza. the motel was clean and had a great location right at the beach. We would go back again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2010

well, where do we begin...looking on the computer at the bristol, they had no pictures of the rooms, that should have been a red flag but booked a room anyway. when we first pulled in the parking lot, i think the spaces were made for the yugo car, no room what so ever. we proceeded to check- in and an older woman with red hair was not very courteous.we were standing there 5min. before she acknowledged us.when we asked her a question she huffed and puffed like we were bothering her.she was very rude. we get to our room and it was a nightmare. as soon as you walk in there was an awful smell, a mix of cigarretes,old dirty carpet and mold,we both started getting headaches, nausea and a wheezing effect. we tried to deal with it but it got to be too much.we went down to the front desk and the manager,kate had gone home. another woman,who was just as nasty and rude didnt want to hear what we had to say. she refused to refund our deposit but did try give us another room but those rooms she showed us were worse then the original room.the smell was just nauseating . please if ever you were going to take someones advice, listen to mine..turn around and go home. it was nasty...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annabanana1010
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I have been going to WW for at least 30 years and have stayed at the Bristol Plaza for many of those years. I noticed recently that the owners were not keeping the Plaza up to date. I thought this year I would give it a try in hopes that there would be an improvement. I found out that the property had been run down. I, along with friends who had their own rooms found countless problems with the motel.
We found clogged drains, clogged toliets, poor housekeeping, Air conditioners that had to be replaced and a pool that was disgraceful as there were times the pool was green.
Needless to say, neither us or our friends will no longer be staying at the Bristol Plaza. I don't believe that the owners care or are to cheap to make improvements. They only band-aid problems and never repair them fully.
I would however say that the staff at the lobby were wonderful as they co-operated greatly in attempting to help resolving these problems that we experienced.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed for 5 days and 4 nights and up until our last night, this motel was average. Room could have been cleaner. We found cobwebs, food and other stuff around that the cleaning people missed. Dishes in the cabinets were dirty. The pull out sofa was thin and very lumpy. Alot of the furniture was old and the bottom dresser drawers were nailed shut?? We did notice some things that were updated, but not much. The pool was clean as was the lobby but nobody sleeps in there, so who cares! Parking spaces were very tight. We are sure that many cars get dented at the place all the time.

The major problem was on the last night. We came back to the room at around 11:30pm. Winding down we went to turn on the TV only to find that the remote was gone! We searched for the darn thing for about a hour only to realize that the small cable box next to the TV was also missing. After a call to the owner/manager, we were told that a staff member had entered our room while we were gone to update the TV service? (NOT EXACTLY A EMERGENCY!) and that he had taken the remote too! He did not leave any type of notice on the phone, door or in our room. In addition we had indicated to the cleaning staff that we did not want anyone in our room due to a past problem at another hotel when personal items of ours had been stolen. We also had a Do Not Disturb sign hanging on the door knob. When we spoke to the women at the front desk in the morning she was surprised that we were upset that someone had entered our room...very strange and disturbing. Is this something they do all the time?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family